Mechwarrior Things Event

543 replies to this topic

#301 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

Flea challenge was easy compared to the Override challenge ... I just noticed how easy it is to die to to overheating, but even the times I used a bigger mech, overheated with override twice and did not die ... it only counted 2 of 3 times :(

#302 Flashforce

Rookie

• Star Colonel V
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

"The Flea" - Can't do this until you fix 3rd person, it cannot put you back in 1st person automatically or it must count for the challenge still. Get one Kill promotes bad behaviour, should be at least one kill. Also should probably say Only Get 1 Kill, Get 1 Kill doesn't mean you can't get more?
"He's dead" - Promotes Dying!?
"No, not cool." - Might cause suicides. Someone in a game didn't understand that clearly unless it was just a troll.
"I'm the Monster" & "Monster Hunting" - OMG! These need like a page to be explained clearly what needs to be done to get them!!!
Your conditions do not give credit for them at all! People have narc and tag on target when they die but don't get any points!
You need LRMs to kill? or just hit them? or do streaks work too? I still don't know exactly what I did to do it I tried lots of things.
"Sensory Deprivation" - Should probably apply to just countering ECM not ECM Counter only because not many mechs can have ECM but all can have active probes.
"Friends don't lie" & "You're my best friend, too" - Again this needs to be explained on how to do it. Protected Medium and Protected Light sounds like you just have to fight along side a light or medium and protect them. When you actually have to fight in a light or medium and protect heavies and/or assaults!
"Castle Byers" - Needs to be explained a bit more. How to get it in conquest and assault. Conquest if we need to win for it to count. Assault if we need to fully cap resulting in win for it to count, or can you cap a little and win? or can we cap a little and lose still?
"R U N" - Hit and Runs needs explanation. I hit them, then run but no credit? Just like NARC and TAG its a bit more complicated.
"Keep it locked down." - Not great for a challenge, relies on other team also needs explanation on how to get it. Do I have to be inside the zone when I kill them or just the enemy? Can they just be near your base when you kill them? Its a small zone!

Others I found pretty straight forward. Even if you didn't know what to do for some of them, you would get them gradually anyway.
Also didn't find 3rd person that bad.
I get why no minimap because you get a better view but you also don't get to use the big map that covers the screen anyway.
If you cant see minimap you shouldn't be able to see Mech and Weapon stats either! Seismic is useless if you play 3rd person.
Also arms should not be locked in 3rd person, doesn't make sense! At least not for the challenge, if you need to shoot down UAVs you could switch to 1st person then back during normal play.

Edited by Flashforce, 04 September 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#303 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

I just spectated in a match watching someone playing in 3rd person... Yea nah. Btw Melbourne is still on UTC +10, so on the way home on Friday I realised this event again doesn't include Friday evening Down Under. That in combination with a large variety of challenges that require quite a few matches and a 10 hours play time thing... Yea nah. It was Father's Day weekend and first weekend of spring. Excellent weather. We walked along the coast, the Wattles are in bloom, trees along the street are blossoming too and I watched two Rainbow Parakeets groom each other.

I had pretty much forgotten about this whole event until I logged back in this evening. No, I'm not going to get me a Mastery Pack either. I bought a book. I'll sit on my MC for a while longer too. I like this game and all, but all the shenanigans are not incentives to spend more money on it.

#304 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:07 AM

He's dead" QP Die in a match, having achieved a minimum of 300 DMG Dealt against enemy ‘Mechs in that match.

You guys are no fun at all!

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 04 September 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

I just spectated in a match watching someone playing in 3rd person... Yea nah. Btw Melbourne is still on UTC +10, so on the way home on Friday I realised this event again doesn't include Friday evening Down Under. That in combination with a large variety of challenges that require quite a few matches and a 10 hours play time thing... Yea nah. It was Father's Day weekend and first weekend of spring. Excellent weather. We walked along the coast, the Wattles are in bloom, trees along the street are blossoming too and I watched two Rainbow Parakeets groom each other.

I had pretty much forgotten about this whole event until I logged back in this evening. No, I'm not going to get me a Mastery Pack either. I bought a book. I'll sit on my MC for a while longer too. I like this game and all, but all the shenanigans are not incentives to spend more money on it.

If you look back towards the beginning of this thread, I believe Alex or Matt said they'd be keeping a close eye on this to see if it needs to be extended for Aussie players.\

Found it:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5374660

Edited by MovinTarget, 04 September 2016 - 03:09 AM.

#305 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:08 AM

MWO is not longer a Team Game! The stupid goals and the 3rd let the player work against their team. They do nothing for the win and hope the other carry them... what a complete and total mess... PGI do it again and again and again and again and again...... there is no fun, there is no hope, there is not much left of BT :-(

After nuking the player out of FP-Mode is now QP the next target to annoying the last few player?

Edited by von Haudegen, 04 September 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#306 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:19 AM

View Postvon Haudegen, on 04 September 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

MWO is not longer a Team Game! The stupid goals and the 3rd let the player work against their team. They do nothing for the win and hope the other carry them... what a complete and total mess... PGI do it again and again and again and again and again...... there is no fun, there is no hope, there is not much left of BT :-(

After nuking the player out of FP-Mode is now QP the next target to annoying the last few player?

Okay so they they tried to do something different and you don't like this... at least its not permanent

#307 N3tRunn3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTemple of Nod

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:20 AM

"The Flea"
Activate Third Person View and in a match, get 1 Kill, Survive, and Win the match.
This must be done through enabling "START IN THIRD PERSON" option in game setting screen and not disable it during the match

..has NOT counted on my account yet!! As well as I am unsure whenever I touch a wall and auto-switches to 1st-person view if that god damn achievement even count.

"Keeping the Curiosity door closed"
In a match at least once, Destroy an Enemy UAV.

..has STOPPED counting at 2/11!!

Everything else seems working, YET!! AT least I have got my Plasma Ball, everything else is useless.

#308 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:25 AM

I think it's an interesting event, so I welcome it on that basis.

Personally, I'm cherry picking the challenges I want to complete. I'm not going after the 3PV one, for example, or any with rewards of cockpit fluff.

But I'll aim to win all the CBills on offer, some of the MC, and the war horn.

I agree the UAV kills don't seem to be reliably registering. I also have a feeling the overheat-and-survive may not be registering.

Edited by Appogee, 04 September 2016 - 03:26 AM.

#309 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:37 AM

I have it! MWO invented a new form of teamplay. Their teamplay mean, that you let your team play. Use them as meatshields and try to steal the kills. You must not win.. loose is ok if you got a kill and deal round about 600 Damage.

#310 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

Buggy counting of Override/Overheat confirmed:
I am still at 2 of 3 (since yesterday), despite having:
- Survived (I'm still alive)
- a QP Match (Conquest is QP)
- in which you have Overheated, at least once (see the internal damage)
- while Override was engaged. (started it early, used it, see internal damage)

And I have waited long enough, it is already shown in the game table for a long time:
Game ID: 488415367317422649
Match Score: 518
Kills: 4
Deaths: 0
Damage Done: 799
Kill Most Damage: 3
Solo Kills: 3
Capture Assists: 1
Time: 2016-09-04 11:39:43

Posted Image

#311 Myrrinth

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

After reading through this thread (and many others with a similar tone), I had some thoughts:

I think it's good that they are trying some new ideas. Someone towards the beginning of the thread mentioned that we should also have some "lore-based" events. I think that a balance of the recent personal challenge events, some lore-based events, and this type of challenge is a good idea.

Another idea I would put out there is a "community votes" challenge. Run a poll with a sample of the challenge types and have the community vote to create a "Top X" challenge. Though - I would probably use this very sparingly, keeping in line with the idea of variety as noted above.

Is the challenge perfect? Nope - and nothing will be. The post read that they are testing these out to gauge how the community reacts. A lot of people complained that there was no "reward" for testing Energy Draw on the PTS, and that there should be. I think that is part of why this challenge was structured the way that it is.

Besides, I'm finding that I can do a number of these challenges without making drastic changes to the way I play (and better yet, it's encouraging me to use some consumables that I've stockpiled from the recent challenges). I'm with the guy above that if you don't like a challenge - pick the ones you are interested in doing. There's 22 of them. They aren't all going to be great, but that's kind of the point here - give constructive feedback and help make a better game. Just saying "this sux" doesn't help (there is a vocal minority who seems to talk like this) - saying "I didn't like this, did you consider doing X?" voices your concern maturely and might make the game better.

Last piece - 3rd period view is not for me (since I grew up on cockpit view), but it was popular with MechAssault. Maybe you don't like it, and so don't do it. I would never go into battle that way (much less for a whole match), but it's nice to zoom out and take a look at my 'mech from outside the cockpit before a match once in a while.

#312 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:57 AM

I have to say this event is a good intent from PGI to bring the MWO community something different.

And inspiring themselves on Netflix is not such a bad thing.

Hope most people have fun with this turn. It could be refreshing and that´s what this cool game needs, thanks.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 04 September 2016 - 05:00 AM.

#313 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Besides the bugged 3pv, all the other challenges are complete-able. I can confirm. Though some are a right pain in the butt because they require just the right team on just the right map, for multiple matches.

I guess that's part of the challenge?

I think a lot of the problems people have been having it is the sheer vagueness of the conditions for completion. Like, the overheating one, as an example. You have to specifically overheat into shutdown, then toggle override WHILE in shutdown, for it to count. Go figure.

#314 3Art

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

Event is a bit buggy, we all know. What I like in it is, that first time in really long time I had to rethink weapons I will be using. Not mentioning putting narc/tag on the mech, but for the less mobile mechs AMS is a must. Many said that before, it would be nice to get reward for shooting down enemy missiles.
I know that I will not be able to achieve everything, but rewards are not that big anyways. Got some variety from my usual builds... and they are effective. As long as you are not that mad about prizes, you can get something more then achievements out of this event.

#315 GOLFisNOTaSPORT

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:56 AM

This event definitely intrigues me, but it definitely is a bit buggy. "The Flea" and "No, not cool" aren't registering for me, either.

#316 Miken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

No, not cool - You need to overheat with override and then turn off override with poweroff mech. I think.

#317 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostMiken, on 04 September 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

No, not cool - You need to overheat with override and then turn off override with poweroff mech. I think.

I did not turn off override to power down my mech during the two times it worked for me, so there must be other factors as well.

#318 Tester128

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

It seems i confirmed that for overheat event to register you need first overheat once with override on and then overheat once with override off so you go int heat shutdown

#319 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 02 September 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

3rd person view

Go F yourself PGI, sincerly

#320 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

A lot of the requirements seem to be described poorly bc if the overheat challenge is only aquired by overriding and overheating then shutting down the override and overheat and shutdown again THEN I wouldve gotten them all in each match but it seems theres some explanations missing to actually fullfill them. Might need some more information on those.

View PostTester128, on 04 September 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

It seems i confirmed that for overheat event to register you need first overheat once with override on and then overheat once with override off so you go int heat shutdown

Thank you for highlighting that kindly which shouldve been done on the event page itself though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users