Single Heatsinks Rebalance.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:26 AM

As you know the Single HeatSinks (SHS) are inferior in almost every way to the double versions.
Many have suggested increasing the heat cap when you use SHS.
It's a decent solution that has a fair amount of popularity because of it's simplisity.

But i want to look at a more advanced alternative method that is also easy to understand.

Make SHS equipped outside the engine capable of linking up with a weapon to provide superior cooling for that weapon alone.
SHS mounted inside the engine and extra heatsinks put inside engines larger than 270 has no such ability.

Linking a SHS to a weapon does not make the SHS able to avoid taking a crit slot.
A linked SHS provides no cooling or just normal cooling to other non linked weapons = I'm not certain this part.

Ballistic and missile weapons can link a single SHS but energy weapons would be able to link as many SHS as the energy weapon is large in crit slots.
An ER PPC which is 3 crit slots large would be able to link at most 3 SHS at the same time.
ML which is only 1 crit slot large can only link 1 SHS.

Ideally the linked SHS should be better to cool down mechs with only only 2 ER PPC's.
While the DHS are superior at cooling down a mech with 10 ML's.

So how much better cooling should a linked SHS provide in comparison to an DHS mounted outside the engine?
I do not know. Need someone better at math to find that out.

#2 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

Well, i don't really know.

I mean, the idea is great but it's much-much compilcated then both GH and ED. I can't imagine how much time PGI will spend on this if they take it. Cause what you're suggesting is to create another layer of heat-per-weapon with multiple different dissipation pools linked together and this all should be calculated in runtime and not be buggy (as laser range mechanics @ infotech pts).

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

View Postvocifer, on 04 September 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

Well, i don't really know.

I mean, the idea is great but it's much-much compilcated then both GH and ED. I can't imagine how much time PGI will spend on this if they take it. Cause what you're suggesting is to create another layer of heat-per-weapon with multiple different dissipation pools linked together and this all should be calculated in runtime and not be buggy (as laser range mechanics @ infotech pts).

Yes. It might be complicated but it's just an alternative. Going for higher heat cap for mechs equipped with SHS is still a solution too.
If i have an idea that has a possibility of working....why not? I just let my imagination run free.

My online buddies allready believe i'm insane due to the weird ships i made in Space Engineers.
Point is this - Why cling to sanity when it only holds back your imagination? Posted Image

#4 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 04 September 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yes. It might be complicated but it's just an alternative. Going for higher heat cap for mechs equipped with SHS is still a solution too.
If i have an idea that has a possibility of working....why not? I just let my imagination run free.

Oh it's cool. It was interesting and new to read.

Btw I wish we could play with such ideas in simulators like this:
http://keikun17.gith...heat_simulator/
Ofcourse someone needs to code all this in...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users