So It's The Bushwacker! Are You Going To Buy It Yes Or No, And Why Or Why Not?

BattleMechs

386 replies to this topic

#101 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

The Bushwacker is one of only two IS Mechs that I have any desire to own. To me, it is an iconic MechWarrior BattleMech with a silhouette that is unmistakable; like the Mad Cat, Thor, Mad Dog, Atlas and a few others. I have sold all my IS Mechs that I could sell but stripped the equipment and weapons so I have stuff laying around I could put on a Mech like the Bushwacker.

I do not care about meta. I pilot Mechs that I enjoy. The only meta Mech I own is the Kodiak and I dislike it enough that I never use it. I do have the Nova too but I was using it way before it became cool (or meta). I love Alex's art and feel it is worthy of my cash.

So, yes, I will pre-order it and buy it.

#102 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 06 September 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

Clearly he was referring to purchasing another Collector's for the Loyalty Stalker Posted Image

Yeah should have been specific. I really don't want to get acollectors archer... Barely use what i have of them...

#103 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

Will I buy it- Probably, but I want to see what variants PGI created for it first. I don't really have a problem of non-"Canon" builds since we are going to strip them down and build to our play style anyway. So hard points will matter.

In MW3, it was easy to build out the chassis to just about anything. I played that mech through the whole game, of course it was pretty much all clan tech by the end of it. (I choose to believe DaZur had that in mind when he initially called it clan, heh heh)
MW4 I didn't use it for missions much since I could not build it anywhere close to the MW3 build, but I seem to remember making a pretty nasty build on one for the Medium Class Solaris missions.
MWO- who knows, but having another chicken legged mech on IS side is nice.

#104 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostRampage, on 07 September 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

The Bushwacker is one of only two IS Mechs that I have any desire to own. To me, it is an iconic MechWarrior BattleMech with a silhouette that is unmistakable; like the Mad Cat, Thor, Mad Dog, Atlas and a few others. I have sold all my IS Mechs that I could sell but stripped the equipment and weapons so I have stuff laying around I could put on a Mech like the Bushwacker.

I do not care about meta. I pilot Mechs that I enjoy. The only meta Mech I own is the Kodiak and I dislike it enough that I never use it. I do have the Nova too but I was using it way before it became cool (or meta). I love Alex's art and feel it is worthy of my cash.

So, yes, I will pre-order it and buy it.

follow your heart bro. I may be fed up with MWO, but I will never attack people who are still having fun.

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 07 September 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Yeah should have been specific. I really don't want to get acollectors archer... Barely use what i have of them...

if they would only allow us to CHOOSE which variant to make the "Collectors" I bet a lot more Mechs would hold more perceived value. As for me a Collector's ARC-5W would be appealing.

View PostTorinZ, on 07 September 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Will I buy it- Probably, but I want to see what variants PGI created for it first. I don't really have a problem of non-"Canon" builds since we are going to strip them down and build to our play style anyway. So hard points will matter.

In MW3, it was easy to build out the chassis to just about anything. I played that mech through the whole game, of course it was pretty much all clan tech by the end of it. (I choose to believe DaZur had that in mind when he initially called it clan, heh heh)
MW4 I didn't use it for missions much since I could not build it anywhere close to the MW3 build, but I seem to remember making a pretty nasty build on one for the Medium Class Solaris missions.
MWO- who knows, but having another chicken legged mech on IS side is nice.

I think I duplicated one of the later canon builds for Solaris,in MW4, using a Clan LB-20X and ERPPC. Don't recall if it had room left for streaks, tbh. That was realyl it's only winning grace in the official releases, being one of the few available mediums with a big enough ballistics slot to mount a BFG.

#105 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:53 AM

The Bushwacker used to be one of my favorite mechs in MW3 and MW4.

This said, I am not going to buy it with anything more than in-game c-bills whenever that time comes.

I have already spent way too much money, and doubt the Bushwacker will be able to top some of my other mediums.

#106 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

follow your heart bro. I may be fed up with MWO, but I will never attack people who are still having fun.

Good attitude.

View PostThe Basilisk, on 07 September 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

The mech was between mediocre to completely irrelevant in BattletechTT, in the storys it was always on the loosing [...] it has no relevance in Battletech Lore

If anyone remembered my posts: I never advocated the Bushwacker and wanted other Mechs, but unfair exaggerations are not going to help it.

Disregarding video games, the Mech was significant in the IS response to the Clans. It was the Mech that replaced the AFFC's medium Mech losses against the Clans, so it was the Mech to fight Round 2. (And that it won big time, but more on that later). It was also popular among AFFC-units fighting Cappies and Dracs, making it one of the few Lyran Mech to actually be accepted by the former AFFS rather than just distributed to the Suns-part of the AFFC and then stored away like the Zeus. Also its design history is exiting – so much so that it was part of a successful in-universe TV-show (and a less successful real-world cartoon...). Hate the Somerset Strikers all you want, they are fully canonical part of the lore, and they feature a Bushwacker.
"Winning" seems a bit of an arbitrary criterion to judge a Mech's introduction in MWO, however it had its part when the Free IS forces steamrolled CSJ. It was, for example, found in Task Force Serpent's 11th Lyran Guards and Kathil Uhlans.

I understand reservations regarding its viability in game. I share the disappointment about yet another round of PGI-invented variants. I strongly dislike the stagnating timeline, which the BSW should advance but probably won't. And I would have preferred other Mechs, too.
But totally denying this Mech had any relevance in the lore is not just plain wrong, it is petty and - frankly - not terribly mature.

#107 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

No, because:

1. Voting with mah wallet.

2. It probably won't be very good anyways.

hard to argue with this.

#108 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

I won't be buying just because I'm tired of PGI's lack of vision or direction.

#109 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

I will wait and see the hardpoints as I think the mech looks pretty good.

I will vote with my wallet if Energy Draw is released. Will probably refund most of my packs if that makes it in game.

#110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 September 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

I will wait and see the hardpoints as I think the mech looks pretty good.

I will vote with my wallet if Energy Draw is released. Will probably refund most of my packs if that makes it in game.

get your internet fired up then, cause lets face it, it's coming.

#111 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostDaZur, on 06 September 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Nope... It's Clan. It looks like a Clan mech. Posted Image

Funny you mention that, since the Bushwacker was, canonically, redesigned in light of study of captured Mad Dogs. It is, in fact, meant to look like a Clan 'Mech. A specific Clan 'Mech, in fact - the Mad Dog Posted Image

EDIT: Despite the Bushwacker being an old favorite of mine, I'm likely not buying this one. I am not a fan of Piranha basically just throwing away all FutureTech forever and inventing random variants to no purpose so they can sell Future'Mechs without actually having to make them interesting or compelling. They'll have to work awfully hard to get me to buy another Sphere medium at this point. Especially when they're taking a favorite of mine and butchering it.

Edited by 1453 R, 07 September 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#112 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

No, because:

1. Voting with mah wallet.

2. It probably won't be very good anyways.

3. Brings nothing new to the game

#113 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

SOLD!

#114 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

View Post1453 R, on 07 September 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Funny you mention that, since the Bushwacker was, canonically, redesigned in light of study of captured Mad Dogs. It is, in fact, meant to look like a Clan 'Mech. A specific Clan 'Mech, in fact - the Mad Dog Posted Image

EDIT: Despite the Bushwacker being an old favorite of mine, I'm likely not buying this one. I am not a fan of Piranha basically just throwing away all FutureTech forever and inventing random variants to no purpose so they can sell Future'Mechs without actually having to make them interesting or compelling. They'll have to work awfully hard to get me to buy another Sphere medium at this point. Especially when they're taking a favorite of mine and butchering it.

this.

So much, this.

#115 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

I will probably get it. For practical purpose (only have crab atm as my IS medium), and for nostalgia (MW3 and 4... remember the first mission of MW3 you dropped down and began stomping people in your bushy? Hell yea!)

O and probably need 30 days premium by then. (timing my premium purchases so that I don't have too much gaps without them)

#116 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostCD LoreHammer Lord, on 07 September 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

SOLD!

well, we already knew you were a looney.... :P

View PostrazenWing, on 07 September 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

I will probably get it. For practical purpose (only have crab atm as my IS medium), and for nostalgia (MW3 and 4... remember the first mission of MW3 you dropped down and began stomping people in your bushy? Hell yea!)

O and probably need 30 days premium by then. (timing my premium purchases so that I don't have too much gaps without them)

I got about 2 years of premium I would happily sell you, cheap, if I could.

#117 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 07 September 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

3. Brings nothing new to the game

3 AC5 medium?

#118 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 September 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

3 AC5 medium?

Is that even practical with an IS medium? Not sure what the open tonnage is on it but thats not enough for me to buy it unfortunately even if it fits.

#119 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 07 September 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Is that even practical with an IS medium? Not sure what the open tonnage is on it but thats not enough for me to buy it unfortunately even if it fits.

Eh it would be 81 kph with speed tweak, with an arm stripped and some armor shaved in other places to squeeze in 6 tons of ammo.

Little slow for a medium, but it would be a good sidekick for a Kodiak/Mauler/Dakkahammer.

Not trying to convince you to buy, there are plenty of reasons not to... and I will probably end up refunding if it sounds like Energy Draw is going to be a sure thing.

#120 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 September 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Eh it would be 81 kph with speed tweak, with an arm stripped and some armor shaved in other places to squeeze in 6 tons of ammo.

Little slow for a medium, but it would be a good sidekick for a Kodiak/Mauler/Dakkahammer.

Not trying to convince you to buy, there are plenty of reasons not to... and I will probably end up refunding if it sounds like Energy Draw is going to be a sure thing.

I wish you COULD entice me Gas but at this point my wallet is firmly shut.

ON the other hand I got a refund for No Mans Lie and have a few extra bucks for games this week, but Total War: Warhammer is gonna be the nest on my list.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users