So It's The Bushwacker! Are You Going To Buy It Yes Or No, And Why Or Why Not?

BattleMechs

386 replies to this topic

#41 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Even though I started with MW3 & 4 I'm not getting this mech. It was always just a workable mech until I could get the mech I wanted.

As for MWO:
1. It's going to be mediocre
2. We don't need more 55t mechs, we need 20,25,30,40,60,95 are tonnages that need filling out.

#42 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

It's another 55 tonner that isn't the Scorpion.

I don't know, if i'll pick it up. Probably not.

#43 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:45 PM

NOPE

Cause I reached "buy another mechpak" fatigue

#44 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 06 September 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Hey Mr. Plog still worked miracles.

Either way they are redoing a bunch of the art, but even some of that is... well, you can see for yourself:

Posted Image

Yeah the original is horrible, but this isn't much better. I think it would be okay to completely redo some of the original art.

I say that looks better than Enforcers in this game.

#45 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:16 PM

Until they start putting scale pics and generalized quirks up during presale, no. Until then, only clan assaults seem to be worth the RL dollars I put in. They are not guaranteed quirks and you can see the hard points in the art. Never, ever going to buy an IS mech on presale again, thank you Phoenix Hawk.

#46 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

In MW4 kicked butt with the Bushwacker, furthermore I am deeply waiting for the Scorpion (if so), or goliath. 4 Legged mech

#47 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:34 PM

Won't buy mechs until they start adding some new weapons to the game.

#48 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

I'm torn,

On one hand:

1. I'm on a budget
2. I've lost faith in MWO being a BT game
3. It's not the Flea
4. I don't really like the art

But on the other hand:

1. It's the Bushwacker

So unless it's going to be dirt cheap, probably not.

P.S. Heck, I still have all of the prem time banked from my Overlord package.

#49 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

It's one of my favorite "rosecolored glasses" mechs, thx MW3

Very well knowing, like forever, that it would be a mediocre mech at best in MWO

Still gonna vote with my wallet
Means nope
Not gonna buy

#50 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:10 PM

Probabily won't buy it, I've already bought Marauder IIC, Huntsman and Cyclops and I'll (probabily) get the Night Gyr at the release date. I'm not really interested in another IS 55 tons. The art is cool (IMHO), though.

#51 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 06 September 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

P.S. Heck, I still have all of the prem time banked from my Overlord package.

2 years mate
2 years of banked premium time

Still no idea why I should activate it
Pfft
At this point I'd convert it at a loss to a premium per match
Or MC, again even at a loss
With MC I could at least buy some premium when I actually play
Like a day or something

#52 Max Recoil

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:22 PM

Every mech I have pre-ordered in the last 4 months other than one variant of the Kodiak have been total crap, so no I am done paying for garbage.

#53 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:24 PM

So don't need another medium mech. So many offerings in this weight range. I really need an IS collectors pack to qualify for all of the Loyalty rewards. I have money to spend and I was hoping for some light action. Spector, Wasp, Stinger, Pirahna or Incubus outreach program. I will be happy to place any of those mechs in a loving new home.

With the mediums that I have mastered, will master this month and the Huntsman that I have on order, my medium stable is full. I will wait till next months release and decide if I am buying that pack. If not I have to consider another collectors pack...not a lot that I don't have or want though. ;(

My have to wait on that Stalker with ECM.

#54 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 06 September 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

2 years mate
2 years of banked premium time

Still no idea why I should activate it
Pfft
At this point I'd convert it at a loss to a premium per match
Or MC, again even at a loss
With MC I could at least buy some premium when I actually play
Like a day or something

So much this. If I could activate 24 hours at a time, I would. (4,344 hours banked atm)

Edited by Red Shrike, 07 September 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#55 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:25 AM

No, won't buy it until PGI stops with their minimal viable product policy and start listening to the customers on other things than Mech Packs.

#56 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostDaZur, on 06 September 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Nope... It's Clan. It looks like a Clan mech. Posted Image

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 September 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

By Bushwackery I meant something like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alex's art is too generic. Bushwacker's arms should be wide-spread, not that clumped up Linebacker knockoff Alex drew up. I'm gonna take a look at it from different angles before reaching definitive verdict, but for now, I am disappointed with the Wacker's artwork by Alex.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 September 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

when in doubt about "official", I tend to lean toward the official miniatures...
Posted Image
which shockingly (and thankfully) leans on the 3058 cover art, and not the shroom fest pool of vomit found inside it.

IDK about you but that ballistic arm is just as short in these images as it is in the concept art... the CT looks very similar and everything else, just the missile arm sticks out furhter more on some of these making a more asymmetrical mech. TBH I think the concept art is quite close, my only disapointment is they didn't go further away from the original enough (ie: go more MW4 route).... wow, that's the first time I've ever said that with alex... then again- I also said it for the kodiak... okay. 2 mechs.

But anyway, tbh I think it's pretty spot on. Then again this is coming from the view of someone not really exposed to the old concept art... probably someone will try to assassinate me in my sleep because it is missing this bend here or it's standing to tall or maybe the arm should be straight...

View PostRestosIII, on 06 September 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

Honestly, I REALLY want to buy it just because of my nostalgia+my whale status. But I also hate what PGI is doing with most of its updates, like ED and the minimap, and am also having money issues IRL. So I'm stuck trying to hold back from buying it and a late purchase of the Night Gyr. I have too much of a soft spot for shiny mechs.

TBH, I'll take ED over Ghost Heat anyday, for me this is a big change that it's much appreciated. Funny because most people say here "I do not want to buy until their is more mechanics and content that isn't mechs" then the other halve say "I do not like the content they have been doing" and would rather them not make any content and buy mechs...

Personally I like the minimap changes. but atm I can't see any problem with it over the old besides aesthetics...
I am almost tempted to ask to buy it for you as you obviously really want it and nostelgia is best -gia. However after I no longer have karma koin as a very convenient payment method I am struggling to do things like this for myself.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 06 September 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

It's another 55 tonner that isn't the Scorpion.

I don't know, if i'll pick it up. Probably not.

But it's nearly there!... I mean Barghest!

Posted Image
"TharHes Industries used the Bushwacker's chassis as the basis of the Barghest. TharHes repositioned the legs of the Bushwacker forward, becoming the front legs of the quad, and added a second pair of legs to the back of the torso. The mass of the chassis was subsequently increased to 70 tons"
Don't you want a baby Barghest?....

View PostGallien Krueger, on 06 September 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Every mech I have pre-ordered in the last 4 months other than one variant of the Kodiak have been total crap, so no I am done paying for garbage.

really? what mech packs did you get, because most I've seen and got didn't disapoint me so far O_o, only the kodiak 5 disapoints me.

#57 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:33 AM

Oh forgot my opinion!

TBH I thought this was gonna be the Marauder II... but anyway- Bushwacker!... it's literally my first mech I've ever gone into. I got lots of good positive opinions on this and it's one of the MW4 mechs t hat I want to get to complete my youthood. (others being things like the Cougar, Fafnir, Mad Cat mk II, cougar, uziel, osiris, cougar, raven 3m, cougar. Chimera. Hellspawn, etc.)

I personally will buy the collectors edition and get the collectors for the marauder (I got standard atm) and get into the anniversary stuff.

#58 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 September 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

really? what mech packs did you get, because most I've seen and got didn't disapoint me so far O_o, only the kodiak 5 disapoints me.

the non easymode packs?

#59 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

Non XL friendly IS medium mech coinciding with the return of quad PPC friendly mechs? I think I will pass.

#60 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:42 AM

No.

Too many mechs, not enough game.

Oh, and for SamsungWhinger, I already spent $1800 on MWO so far. That's eighteen hundred dollars. One thousand, eight hundred. In US currency, not some other less valuable currency. (Did I mention this previously in response to a similar question? I'm not sure. But hopefully you are all keeping an autidtable record, because I'd hate to have to repeat myself. Posted Image )

If PGI fix faction play, hit reg, and reverse the ever-worsening server ping, then the spice will again flow freely.

Edited by Appogee, 07 September 2016 - 03:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users