Monster Hunting - Narc Challenge Seems Impossible

7 replies to this topic

#1 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:52 AM

Challenge states: "In a match at least once, Have NARC engaged against an Enemy while they are destroyed."

I've been now chasing this challenge for 3 hours. Running a mech with NARC and 3 tons of NARC ammo. NARCing everything I can. I try to NARC enemies especially just before they are about to go down. I'm certain I've seen several enemies die while my NARC was active in him.

So far I've gotten 1 out of 11 in the challenge. What am I missing? Has anyone actually managed to complete this one? Do they have to be killed by LRMs specifically or what?

Edited by Duatam, 07 September 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

Yeah they have to go down to LRM's or streaks even though the event does not state that.

Similarly the ECM breaking one is easier to get than stated because BAP's and UAV's still count towards it.

#3 Deckard Caine Sender

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCWI

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:02 AM

Yes, they have to die due to LRM or S-SRM damage. Specifically, you have to get a"NARC Kill" achievement. You can find it in the end of match screen, in the PLAYER STATS tab, in the MATCH PERFORMANCE window, towards the bottom. You may have to scroll down to see if you got one. Chalk one up to write up of requirements not matching the metrics.

#4 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for the replies and clarification. I've now switched to my LRM boat, but I'm still not getting the NARC points. Do the missiles have to be fired by another ally for it to count?

Edited by Duatam, 07 September 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#5 Deckard Caine Sender

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCWI

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:40 AM

No, but it has to be LRM/S-SRM damage that *kills* the mech. NARC'ed mech with LRMS streaming in and a Gauss Rifle rounds takes out the CT = no NARC Kill.

#6 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostDuatam, on 07 September 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies and clarification. I've now switched to my LRM boat, but I'm still not getting the NARC points. Do the missiles have to be fired by another ally for it to count?

I've seen, and been killed by, Streakcrow builds which were very successful. Maybe give those a spin?

#7 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:30 AM

I only have 3 mechs. Atlas, Stalker and Dragon. I'm using Stalker LRM boat with NARC trying to get this achievement. So far at 6 of 11. Time might be running out.

#8 BadgerBeard

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Not really trying for this one. However a Kintaro with 4 x LRM 5 + narc stream fire gets you a very good chance of the kill shot. Certainly been working for me in normal games. 5 x LRM If you want to help others get the reward.

Edited by BadgerBeard, 07 September 2016 - 09:13 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users