• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Well.. as with Phase 3, everything just gets worse.

The new sales pitch NGNG podcast is running.. https://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv and they revealed their huge plan.

Alliances were too difficult to code, so they're stealing everyone's bukkits.

Posted Image

For the most part, factions don't matter, now.. or, rather, won't when this hits in a few months. It's all Clan vs Inner Sphere.

If you invested time and resources building a loyalist unit/community.. or invested in PGI/FP by buying faction based camos/colors/dekkes.. PGI says, "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Posted Image

Planets will be fought over on a 4-planets-in-an-all-or-nothing-group.

FP will be 90% all Clans versus all Inner Sphere.

Rare events will allow IS vs IS fights.

This is the biggest slap to the community's face since the Long Tom.

RIP:FP
RIP:all loyalist investors
GG:PGI.. GG..

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

I truly hope this is not serious.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

Probably is since they cannot entice people back to FP, they are just going to collapse the planets into one mass group and then if the mode eventually regains critical mass, they open it back up.

Not a fan really, but if the population truly had only 36 people on it in NA the other night as someone posted, they really have to do something painful and drastic to ensure there are enough people fighting to make it even remotely workable.

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

Yeah. Day that happens I'm gone.

#5 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

It's like they're trying to drive players away...

#6 General Bedlam

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING, WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED!!

Actually most of the changes sound decent, the most negative thing I could say is it dumbs down the choices for selecting a Faction but in turn makes it much easier to get into a match. The revamped reward system that they propose and the Loyalist only events actually sound good too, I certainly didn't hear them say the events would be rare but then again I'm not into sensationalist statements.

Inclusion of QP maps/modes with the DropDeck system will be a welcome addition of variety, plus these will be affected by the scouting rewards in real time too...... oh and LT will be replaced with a "radar jam" sweep with a similar effect as enemy ECM jamming your HUD.

All in not too shabby and they HOPE to have it out December/January.

Edited by General Bedlam, 07 September 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

buckets had nothing to do with FW problems. its just the players showing no willing to play it.

#8 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

So instead of making the game mode fun and something people want to play they are going to steal one of the things that make people like faction warfare (i.e. the identity.) Well that should work... poorly. And let me guess, mercs will be unchanged able to swap between factions at will to continue to milk the system right?

#9 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

This is no longer Battletech. This is also treating the symptom.

#10 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostBaulven, on 07 September 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

And let me guess, mercs will be unchanged able to swap between factions at will to continue to milk the system right?

Every 7 days....

#11 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 07 September 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Well.. as with Phase 3, everything just gets worse.

The new sales pitch NGNG podcast is running.. https://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv and they revealed their huge plan.

Alliances were too difficult to code, so they're stealing everyone's bukkits.

Posted Image

For the most part, factions don't matter, now.. or, rather, won't when this hits in a few months. It's all Clan vs Inner Sphere.

If you invested time and resources building a loyalist unit/community.. or invested in PGI/FP by buying faction based camos/colors/dekkes.. PGI says, "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

Posted Image

Planets will be fought over on a 4-planets-in-an-all-or-nothing-group.

FP will be 90% all Clans versus all Inner Sphere.

Rare events will allow IS vs IS fights.

This is the biggest slap to the community's face since the Long Tom.

RIP:FP
RIP:all loyalist investors
GG:PGI.. GG..

Do you mind if I steal the bucket loss support group for my sig? I think we will need it after this patch hits.

#12 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

So eliminating the relevance of factions is one way to deal with PGIs failure to make an engaging faction warfare.

No FW, no problem, right?

Just make it new maps/modes in QP. Put the MM in and have unit/pug queue. Why keep the farce of planets? They're irrelevant.

#13 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostBaulven, on 07 September 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

And let me guess, mercs will be unchanged able to swap between factions at will to continue to milk the system right?

Yeah.. but they're excluding mercenaries from the rare Special Event ISvsIS fights.. so, good luck filling those bukkits.

It's almost like things are being set up to fail.. "Look, no one wanted to fight ISvsIS.. we can just remove that, now.."

View PostBaulven, on 07 September 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Do you mind if I steal the bucket loss support group for my sig? I think we will need it after this patch hits.

Steal away.. I didn't create the image. It's from an existing meme. (Google Image search for, "bukkit.")

PS: Sorry for tunneling your bear, the other day.. my team abandoned me and you were the only enemy unit anywhere near me. I guess that's what I get for shambling around at 58.3 KPH..

#14 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hmmm, being fixed in a half-assed way.

There is a pattern here.

#15 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

That's no fix.

It's just making FW another side of QP.

#16 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:36 PM

We already have fewer buckets because the player base isn't using the ones available. This bucket reduction will change nothing so if you like things the way they are working then this is great.....

#17 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

If this is truly the case, no need to pay out for the Bushwhacker.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 07 September 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

We already have fewer buckets because the player base isn't using the ones available. This bucket reduction will change nothing so if you like things the way they are working then this is great.....

You're entirely missing the point -

Merc, loyalist, faction membership, all irrelevant.

It's just a big IS v Clan queue. It's QP just no pug/premade division (yet) and no matchmaker (yet). The only reason it still has 'worlds' is because.... well, no real reason. They no longer even have pretend relevance.

No point to factions means no point to 'Faction Warfare'. Not sure why the would even call it 'Faction Play' save, perhaps, in that it divides on IS v Clan?

#19 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

Planets have been irrelevant for a long time.

They have to put the mode on life support to get people into the queue, see if it generates enough interest for the MODE itself.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not happy with how this is going either. But if they keep the limited crowd that enjoys FP as fragmented as it current is, spread out among the ten factions, it will never get enough players playing it to stick it out and actually let them reintroduce real faction impact.

Right now the wait times are so long, or the competition so rare that people have simply abandoned the mode itself. It's not fun to wait forever and MAYBE get a game for most people.

So, they cut off the leg to keep the disease from spreading in the hopes they can get the mode itself healthy enough to re-attach the ****** later.

It's not an optimal solution, but at this point no amount of lore, polish etc will get people into the faction play queue in enough numbers to keep the mode off of life support on its own. They need to get people compressed into a small enough playing field (i.e. two sides, four planets) to get people excited about the dynamics of the mode itself. THEN they can start making the planets matter, make loyalists matter etc and then spread us between factions again.

I'm not holding my breath, but it's honestly better than what most people are suggesting and frankly, doesn't ignore the fact that the FP playerbase is too tiny at this point to be sustainable. Short of ridiculously over the top rewards for planet ownership, they aren't going to entice people to play the mode through anything but making actual matches possible (the #1 complaint against the mode imo).

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 07 September 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#20 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 September 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

You're entirely missing the point -

Merc, loyalist, faction membership, all irrelevant.

It's just a big IS v Clan queue. It's QP just no pug/premade division (yet) and no matchmaker (yet). The only reason it still has 'worlds' is because.... well, no real reason. They no longer even have pretend relevance.

No point to factions means no point to 'Faction Warfare'. Not sure why the would even call it 'Faction Play' save, perhaps, in that it divides on IS v Clan?

No that's what I'm saying.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users