468 replies to this topic

#121 The Reaper Beckons

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:09 AM

Absolutely forget it. This event would be an exercise in frustration.
No way in hell. Pass thank you.

#122 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:38 AM

Long Tom is actually good now, PGI don't touch it anymore please.

#123 ManOfAthens

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

Decent event, but the metrics might be a bit off.

Heavies are obviously the most common class (by far) in invasion. I played 6 games last night and, while I am already done the heavy KMDDs and more than half done the medium KMDDs, Only 2 assault KMDDs makes it seem like it'll be a long road. I do know some of my team did a little better against assaults, but you almost never get more than 8 assaults per side per game, much less the 12 assaults that the metrics seem geared towards.

Which also doesn't make too much sense. As the scouting mode is exclusively mediums and lights, those kills are going to happen a lot more over the course of the event. Almost seems like someone who doesn't play too much faction play just threw out an arbitrary number.

I might suggest lowering the number requirement for KMDDs against assaults.

Edited by ManOfAthens, 10 September 2016 - 04:50 AM.

#124 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:31 AM

Hey Matt, if you are reading this. Got a question:

When designing this event...what were the reasons for Clan vs. IS only and why can Mercs get both challenges completed while loyalists only can do one Challenge? I mean...your Events usuallly promote specific parts of the game like the assault event few weeks ago or FW in general with this event which is great. But why promote being merc while more and more loyalists quit contracts?

Edited by Exard3k, 10 September 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#125 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:49 AM

Ah ! finally good return event , it's good ! thank you PGI

For once that 'll buy a mech pack Posted Image !

P.s: Another effort with a sales mechbays would be great! good luck like that.

#126 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

It's supposed to be end-game content, but once you build your drop-deck you will find the only content CW offers you is 4 waves of deathballing for no rewards other than loyalty points,

Maybe we have all interpreted "end game content" wrong?

#127 D V Devnull

• 4,295 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

Argh... saw someone referencing me... okay... one last post, one last headache I'll have to put up with... owwwwww...

View PostAethermech, on 09 September 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Even DV would be happy with the scoring requirements for this challange Posted Image

Afraid not... I saw the implications and ramifications on this Event. Even for Mercs, there isn't enough time to run a full two Contracts and get both final goals. Event should have been a 14-day minimum.

View Posttee5, on 09 September 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostRamrod AI, on 09 September 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

May the best resolution-exploiters win Posted Image

What is a resolution-exploiter? Never heard of this.

They're someone who uses their extreme screen resolution to get rather perfect shots on opponents. An advantage only to people with top-notch computers who aren't currently LiveStreaming.

View PostTercieI, on 09 September 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

So two weekends without an event I care about. Whee.

Pretty much, yeah. I won't even start because PGI has made me walk away from their worthless game. It hurts to even be near their website right now, but I saw enough stupidity to walk in long enough to blast PGI over it.

View Posttee5, on 09 September 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Oh and I have a question:

Is it possible that I can earn both mechs the Zeus and the Executioner?
Play two days achive everything for IS, then break my allegiance wait the 7 days penalty-time, and then make the challenge for Clans?

Unless you're really good, you're not going to have enough time to get both. Doesn't matter if you're Mercenary, FreeLancer, or Loyalist. PGI stabbed everyone in their collective backs with this Event.

View PostBSK, on 09 September 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

How do I opt out of this insult of a community event? 6 hours ago usually weekend events started and on this Friday evening I looked so many times at this page before going out to make sure the members of my unit with 240 members were fine for the announced event. That would have been 7pm central european time. But when I went out at 8pm central european time for a birthday party there was still nothing about the faction play event that was announced not via this forum (on Twitter) 2 weeks ago. I picked a 7 day contract for a clan faction because it was obvious there would be no big faction play event. Then I return at 1am central european time from a birthday party only to find out that 20 minutes before midnight you announced an 11 day lasting faction play event which involves picking 2 different 7 day contracts to achieve all the goals.

Do you guys even play your own game? Do you guys want people to stop playing this game? This will be the first time I will not regret drunken posting.

They either definitely don't play it enough, or they've played it so much that they lost sight of anyone who isn't already "Cream of the Crop"... Either way, they're stabbing everyone else in the back. Seems like they're trying to drive out anyone who used to play the earlier MechWarrior-series games.

View PostWecx, on 09 September 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 September 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Yep.

Elephant in the room

What about loyalists? They can't achieve both without massive penalty. Meanwhile Mercs can get both, without any issues.

Seriously PGI - That is a pretty massive oversight, about as big as Long Tom (which has taken what, 4 months to address?)

OMG, REAL TALK!!

Again, not true. Mercs would require time to run two full Contracts. PGI didn't provide that, so Mercs and FreeLancers are just as screwed over as a Loyalist.

View PostThe Reaper Beckons, on 10 September 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

Absolutely forget it. This event would be an exercise in frustration.
No way in hell. Pass thank you.

Second'ed, especially with the lack of time provided. PGI should be using honest high-end 'Tier 4' players as their baseline for calculating time needed, and not the ones who've intentionally tanked their PSR. As for Loyalists, I can actually understand how they feel, due to the extreme penalties they would be slammed by.

View PostExard3k, on 10 September 2016 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hey Matt, if you are reading this. Got a question:

When designing this event...what were the reasons for Clan vs. IS only and why can Mercs get both challenges completed while loyalists only can do one Challenge? I mean...your Events usuallly promote specific parts of the game like the assault event few weeks ago or FW in general with this event. But why promote being merc while more and more loyalists quit contracts?

Have you ever looked at the Domain URL? "mwoMERCS.com"? Of course, lately, it would seem they're slamming the Mercs as well, right along with the Loyalists. They're giving less than 11 days for the Event, which only gives enough time for one full Contract. That's barely enough time to get one of the 2 Grand Prizes. PGI should have given 14 days, a full 2 weeks, and therefore proper time to run 2 full Contracts, if they weren't also slamming their Mercs. It's a damn good thing that I've quit, because PGI doesn't seem to have the mental ability to properly consider for their player base as not being all perfect "Cream of the Crop" shots. If I were still playing, this Event is already "0 of 20" Review Rating because of issues they keep on doing, which I would now weight more heavily on. From my point of view, they don't appear to care about "Active Player Retention", "Time versus Reward"-balancing, or even having a "Permanent Active Player Base" anymore. Of course, maybe I'm thinking too much like somebody who knows "Common Sense" and "Sane Mental Consideration of the Player Base" are two things you need to keep a game alive?

~Mr. D. V. "Overloaded again, and plus one more headache..." Devnull

#128 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

I know it's less than a day into the event, but I'm really loving the queues at the moment.
Very quick to find matches.

Also, dropped against the Long Tom in a match earlier and it is a lot better now, definitely not game breaking any more. Kudos!

#129 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 10 September 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

So they just wave a few trinkets at you and you're willing to break your loyalty?

No. given that i am a filthy loyalist peasant, i will not get any of the clan sided rewards. FP will be deadzone after the event, i would need a metric crap ton of ghostdrops err autowins to regain the loyality i would lose for getting the clan rewards.

---

As if we wouldn't already have way (WAAAAAY) too much mercs and way (WAAAAAAAAY) to less loyalists.
It's like PGI is actively looking for ways to screw FP over.

From the Event page:

To all Clan and Inner Sphere MechWarriors alike; do not allow inter-Factional conflicts and grudges to blind you to the true enemy. The most honorable goals and the most lucrative rewards are not to be gained from fighting among yourselves for minor territories. The true fight is for the very foundation of the Inner Sphere itself. Look to the frontlines. Look to the true enemy.

That's a slap in the face of all loyalists.
Since i'm fighting for the coordinator, i fought nothing but clans.
Yet, i'll effectively getting half of the rewards denied.

Mercs on the other hand, who literally don't give a crap about anything else beside quick matches and quick c-bills getting encouraged to switch contract (from clan to is or vice versa no less!) and mess with the map a little more. And get double the rewards with no downside.

*clap clap* PGI, well played.

First you treat MC buys like 2nd rate customers, now you do it with loyalists.
Some piss poor decisionmaking lately, if i may say so.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 10 September 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#130 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

Couldn't you run some basic stats to figure out the kill frequencies by class before coming up with challenges like these? The KMDD requirements do not reflect actual drop deck frequencies, which are heavy biased, especially so on the clan side. There just aren't very many Kodiaks in invasion. And light scouting matches are affected by the smoke diving strat, which results in fewer overall kills.

Edited by 4EVR, 10 September 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#131 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 September 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

No brainer for me. I've a mountain of MC, all the empty bays I need, and more warhorns already than I know what to do with, a quarter million GXP, and little need for those c-bills. So....11 days of playing a mode I already don't like, or 11 days of fun in quick play finishing leveling of mechs I still haven't finished off since buying them 2 months ago.... gee....tough choice.

Off you go then.

No loss to anyone else.

#132 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostCrushko, on 10 September 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

Clan Jade Falcon; Invasion Mode; 2 groups in attack queue, 0 in defend queue; transferring; 30 mins and counting.

Im already done with Scouting, but the Invasion Mode queue times for Clan Jade Falcon are currently an issue.

As it should be, you're fault joining Clan Jade Chicken Posted Image

#133 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

Since yesterday this was bad for the clans. 15 minutes or more of wait, almost every time... for an usual lousy match. Posted Image

For now, an absurd time consuming event that benefits IS players unfairly. (they do not get to wait that much) Guess it is good to be Inner Sphere for this one so as soon as my contract finishes I'm switching to IS. The worst part of FP is the waiting...

No good try from PGI to bring back a now dead FP. And it clearly shows. Discard events like this and very few people would keep playing what could have been the best part of MWO. Posted Image

They could revamp completely what used to be a good side of the game, but no, they just rather continue milking gamers that throw their money for just one more new mech or package.

Clanners are going to need tons of patience for this event, it is going to be a long weekend... Posted Image

Edited by Alan Hicks, 10 September 2016 - 08:52 AM.

#134 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

How about IS drops only Heavies/Mediums on inavsion? Let the Clanners chew on that one Posted Image Posted Image

#135 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 10 September 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

For now, an absurd time consuming event that benefits IS players unfairly.

Hey, it's not Clans that have to wait, it's ONLY Clan Jade Falcon, and I'm loving it Posted Image Posted Image

#136 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 10 September 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Since yesterday this was bad for the clans. 15 minutes or more of wait, almost every time... for an usual lousy match. Posted Image

Said the merc contracted under jade falcon.
That's what SHOULD happen if 4/5 of the total active population goes merc under JF.
I have little to non sympathy for your waiting times.

#137 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 September 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Off you go then.

No loss to anyone else.

And yet...you're posting a response... what's the matter? One less potato keeping you up at night ?

#138 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

There is something WRONG with the KMDD's

I have 3 KMDD in scouting, yet only 1 in the innersphere KMDD scoring.

Ps: we should only have FW tournaments, that's the way to get it going (ALSO.

#139 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

You want me to play in a Fraction play event when the FP sucks big hairy balls?? Thanks but no thanks will pass.

#140 -FROST-

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

The event is still pugged. I played as Clan, and completed only the Clan-specific challenges, but received the Zeus mech. Now I have to switch to IS to complete the IS-specific challenges to try to get the Executioner mech. I hope PGI fixes this, especially for the loyalists.

Posted Image

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users