Operation Frontline 2

468 replies to this topic

#161 Dahief 720

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 10 September 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm kicking some serious ***. Posted Image

One day in, and I've got almost all the CW challenges finished, even KMDs.

Get with a team, baby. You got this!

Jade Falcon... There's a surprise...

#162 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostSFC174, on 09 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

As a relatively new player (about 4 months, just under 1000 matches) I have been interested in FP/CW/whatever, but frankly there is no intro to ease us into it. I certainly won't be jumping in feet first for this particular event.

If PGI would like to get more of us noobs into FP, they might look into making it a little easier to dip your toe in without getting clubbed and verbally abused. Especially as a player gravitating toward IS. Just saying....

I have never been abused in my faction and I am the definition of scrub. Drop with the purple chickens some time.

#163 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

My wins in the invasion mode arent counted. And yes i have more than the laughable 80 points in match score.

#164 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 10 September 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

It's actual the opposite for me. yea FW leaves something to be desired but It can get pretty exited if the match is right.

Except all too often the match isn't right. 8-man pre-mades against pure pugs.or PUGs against 12-mans that don't even bother giving the courtesy of a fight and just roll over the gens because they can't be bothered to fight pugs, or pugs are a waste of a time.

#165 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:25 PM

Its a shame when teams *unnecessarily* gen rush over pugs... there's lots of cbills, gxp, and loyalty/merc points left on the table...

I don't want to tell people what to do (mostly b/c they don't listen), but i just don't see how that is fun for anyone. At least give them a wave or two before you go for objectives so they can learn a little. Try new maneuvers, experiment a little. If nothing else, give them some respect for at least showing b/c otherwise you won't be getting your 80 pt wins you need.

#166 Mega0

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

You can meet attackers at the gate, and go out when they got to much gens to much early, chances that team of pugs will agree to this or even figure it out is extremely low tho, but its not the fault of the attackers.
Most problem I have however is that as a pug in low populated faction, I can only defend other factions planets, and defense attracts most passive teammates who sometimes will camp not even from omega, but from spawnPosted Image .

#167 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

so 35+min in queue for a game is working as intended yes?

#168 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:32 PM

View Postshameless, on 10 September 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Depends on if you as mercs chose to go to the highest pop faction... its simple mathematics.

I hope over the next few days cjf mercs will go somewhere else and at least temporarily balance out the pops

#169 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 10 September 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Except all too often the match isn't right. 8-man pre-mades against pure pugs.or PUGs against 12-mans that don't even bother giving the courtesy of a fight and just roll over the gens because they can't be bothered to fight pugs, or pugs are a waste of a time.

yea, I also quickly remembered how frustrating it can be, but winning can feel so rewarding.

#170 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:40 PM

Just finished invasion, scouting and clan part of the event. Got Zeuss instead of Executioner. Event is bugged

#171 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'm not even going to bother pointing people to the previous messages that covered this, or that PGI posted they are aware... if folks refuse to read to see if what they're experiencing has already been reported...well.... who am I to help them avoid repeating the obvious.

#172 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

Screw this event .Four Streak Crows equals win in scout mode. Have fun taking over the entire Inter Sphere Jade Falcon (Mercs). Here's your truck full of salt.. Jade Falcon (mercs) and PGI can stick it where the sun don't shine...

#173 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

I love how on the FP map... the falcons have terra completed surround.

#174 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostMega0, on 10 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

You can meet attackers at the gate, and go out when they got to much gens to much early, chances that team of pugs will agree to this or even figure it out is extremely low tho, but its not the fault of the attackers.
Most problem I have however is that as a pug in low populated faction, I can only defend other factions planets, and defense attracts most passive teammates who sometimes will camp not even from omega, but from spawnPosted Image .

I always wondered why nearly every time I played CW and was on defense, nearly every drop leader (if there was one) told us to stay inside and close to the target that the enemy had to destroy to complete the mission.
So that they can shoot at us And the generators at the same time?

#175 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 September 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

I love how on the FP map... the falcons have terra completed surround.

So? The wolves did the exact same thing last year. PGI ignored it. Held a tukayyid event, and then rest the map without mentioning it.

#176 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:36 PM

It appears that the rewards for the following might be being counted in reverse. I.e. the Inner Sphere Challenge for KMDD is being counted under Clans current total for the Ultimate MechWarrior Prize and the Clan Challenge KMDD is being counted under the Inner Sphere current total. I'm not sure this really maters much for this event if you're a mercenary and can change contracts to different factions, but it might matter to some of the loyalists.

Ultimate MechWarrior Prizes

Cumulative Goals
Current Total
Reward

Complete all Scouting, Invasion, and Clan-specific Challenges to earn the Executioner EXE-C
Posted Image 3 of 3
Executioner EXE-C and a MechBay

Complete all Scouting, Invasion, and Inner Sphere-specific Challenges to earn the Zeus ZEU-9S2
Posted Image 2 of 3
Zeus ZEU-9S2 and a MechBay

Edited by Tekamen, 10 September 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#177 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:36 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 10 September 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

At least give them a wave or two before you go for objectives so they can learn a little. Try new maneuvers, experiment a little. If nothing else, give them some respect for at least showing b/c otherwise you won't be getting your 80 pt wins you need.

I wonder if you could achieve your 80 points as a pre-made, when the PUG team decides collectively to eject thrice and overheat once.

#178 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 10 September 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

I wonder if you could achieve your 80 points as a pre-made, when the PUG team decides collectively to eject thrice and overheat once.

Great attitude. But I expected nothing less judging from your ingame comments.

#179 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:10 AM

View Postshameless, on 10 September 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Pro tipp: Just do something useful and have a look at the queue every 5 minutes or so. Makes your day SO much more productive. Yesterday I've cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, planted some flowers and build a PC from spare parts all while MWO was in waiting queue.

View PostNometh, on 10 September 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Great attitude. But I expected nothing less judging from your ingame comments.

I did not really expect people to catch irony on the internetzes.

edit: Oh, and I do not like you too, tyvm

Edited by PFC Carsten, 11 September 2016 - 12:13 AM.

#180 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:12 AM

KMDD counting is still bugged:
6 IS scouting matches with 1 KMDD each.
According to the table: all with match score >150, but that should not matter; and not disqualified.
Scouting Mode Challenges - Kill Most Damage Dealt correctly shows 6 of 12.
Inner Sphere Challenge - In an Inner Sphere 'Mech achieve a KMDD against 10 Clan Medium 'Mechs shows 4 of 10, the other 3 weight classes show 0 of 10.
This is not the usual delay, my last match was over 8 hours ago.
Clan against IS correctly shows 0 for everything, so not counted against the other side.

And a request: Please do not continue the latest trend of starting such events at 12AM UTC, because this strips the whole Friday evening from Europe. And even more for those east of us. I suggest always starting in Australia's evening, maybe around 11am/12pm UTC. Or, if you need to be in the office to push the button, at least as soon as your Friday workday starts. And if you miss this time, postpone the event to the next Friday.
Or alternatively, start the events well before the weekend (your Wednesday evening or Thursday morning), so you still have someone in the office to take care of scoring bugs without disturbing their weekend?

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users