• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

hey, gimme my executioner, i aint need no stinking zeus

#202 Dahief 720

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

That's it, you've gotten me to hate this in a matter of hours. A mode with balance that does not exist on maps that are nothing but kill zones with factions that are so heavily stacked you've got the stackers moaning about queue times because everyone else is that tired of getting stomped. No point in trying to use comms because the average player is a mute and there is no decent in game system for players to communicate outside of matches and look for groups.

How do you expect an event geared around community warfare to pan out when the majority of players have no incentive to look for a group to play a game mode that isn't fun?

#203 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostDahief 720, on 11 September 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

That's it, you've gotten me to hate this in a matter of hours. A mode with balance that does not exist on maps that are nothing but kill zones with factions that are so heavily stacked you've got the stackers moaning about queue times because everyone else is that tired of getting stomped. No point in trying to use comms because the average player is a mute and there is no decent in game system for players to communicate outside of matches and look for groups.

How do you expect an event geared around community warfare to pan out when the majority of players have no incentive to look for a group to play a game mode that isn't fun?

You sacrifice a bit of personal freedom and find a faction or merc unit and drop with people you like and can work with.

Don't judge the mode b/c what you are seeing is exacerbated by the influx of qp players looking to score free stuff.

Edited by MovinTarget, 11 September 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#204 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

PGI, with the changes you are planning for FP in the next few months;
1) incorporate a series of exercises into the training Academy to introduce basic concepts that need to be know in order to understand FP (how to open gates, kill o-gens, omega, the win conditions for each side in a given mode, scouting gathering/protecting intel, etc). I really do like what you've done so far with the academy and this would help.
2) prevent players from dropping in FP until they've completed the FP portion of the academy.

I feel bad for the guys that stand there shooting gates or the gun itself...

This could at least give people a primer and those that are experienced can recommend a specific refresher to those that need it.

#205 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Oh god just 4 invasion matches in almost 3 hours..... and one didn't register...

I've been in a side of pugs every time and in 3 of 4 we had 7+ size groups on the other side.

Thanks PGI that was a productive use of my time....

#206 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 11 September 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Seriously PGI

Just finished the clan side and got a zeus????

working as intended, you guys went for cheese, you get velveeta. I went for try hard IS pugging matches, I got exe. Take that MS.

Edited by DaFrog, 11 September 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#207 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

I just completed the CLAN challenge and you gave me the ZEUS, NOT the Executioner....... Please fix.

#208 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

KMDD tracker is broken.
Just had a game in scoutmode vs 3 lights and 1 med (ach, 2 mlx, 1 hbk).
Got 3 KMDD at the end of the match screen, yet eventscreen only logged 1 for lights KMDD.
Been suspecting that for a couple of matches, seem like only 1/3 or the KMDD are actually logged.

Spoiler

View PostDaFrog, on 11 September 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

working as intended, you guys went for cheese, you get velveeta. I went for try hard IS pugging matches, I got exe. Take that MS.

You're still at it with your crusade against MS? lol!

Here is a paper doll, tell us where MS touched your mech.

Posted Image

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 11 September 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#209 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

1)"Dropdeck bug" (when stats screen lock and cant be closed anyway except exit game) didnt fixed. Now its here for like 3-5 (!!!) mounth.
2)Balance issue didnt fixed - we still got 'pre-made' VS 'pug" matches, and its more then 50% of IS pug matches. (that's for me - I'm pug and in 50-70% of matches there are no any group of IS players when there are any group of claners)
3)Map and mode balance didnt fixed - its still 'tunnel wersion' of skirmish.
4)Still got 9 fps in invasion-counter attack while got like 15-20+ in any other mode - performance didnt fixed.
5)Scouting didn't fixed - nodes got some 'fields' where they grow like a mushrooms after rain while other 50% of maps are clear of it.
6)We still got problems with drops - IS and CL drops on different planets - prefer where allied intel are like 50%, and avoid planets with enemy intel more then 50-60%.

Any other questions why those CW(FP) events are suck?.. Any other questions why that mode 'dead'' when there is no events?..

P.S. Ok, you can say "its free - don't play if you don't like it!" and that's true. But please, explain me - why devs are making events for such bad, unbalanced and terrible tweaked mode?.. Wht the reason to force some players to suffer?..

P.P.S. When I'm forced to log out to fix 'dropdeck bug' match I've played didn't count because it takes me much more time to log back then you, dear devs, give us to avoid punishment for leaving! Great job!

Edited by MGA121285, 11 September 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#210 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostMGA121285, on 11 September 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

P.S. Ok, you can say "its free - don't play if you don't like it!" and that's true. But please,

I could also say "it's ****, i don't pay for that!" so.. even?

#211 Manfred SHMOL Olovitch

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

I don't want this Zeus!
Give me my EXE-C!

#212 Frack the System

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Thx for the challange PGI, but please fix this, or at least tell us if we will get the EXE-C when we do IS Posted Image

Thx Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#213 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

Client crashes(multiple times), locked screens, having a Invasion screen pop up on a Scout match (and Vice versa) and C-bills and XP not being added following matches that DO go through are not what I was expecting from this event.........ah well

Good Job

Keep up the good work

Buy a mech pack

#214 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hiya PGI. first i want to say TY! for those event that make my MWO game more and more interesting, TY again!

But, im with clans, fighting for a executioner, not a zeus. Could u fix it?

#215 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Here is my recap. #1 please fix the mech give away I like most likely everyone else got a worthless Zeus.
Finished fairly easy. Took me exactly 16 games on invasion so that's cool.
  • You have got to fix SSRM6's i destroyed pretty much every mech, unit or pre-made i came up against just because streak crows wreck face. Not sure if power draw system will fix but good lord it sucks to be IS and go up against 4 streak crows and if your Clan why would you bring anything else other then hunchy llc?
  • YOU HAVE TO MAKE A Tutorial for Faction play! like yesterday you should have had it. The amount of teaching and herding cats is insane. No one knows what to do or the differences or even how the damn ques work.
  • You bone loyalist for no reason. since I'm done i could easily get all other rewards. We have been saying this since FP you need to show love to loyalists or make rewards NOT double sided like this
  • Thanks for free stuff
  • Still so much potential with FP but its stall with no player base other then when you run events, My roomate even noticed something was different and he was like this is cool why don't you play this mode more.... sadly i had to explain to him its dead and no one does unless a carrot is dangled in front of them
  • Counter attack OMEGA? why its pointless change it up something different explaining not to focus or worry to kill Omega to a bunch of cats is impossible
  • Really think that assault mode you are making now would fit FP a lot better hope you think about that.
  • Lower the gather intel. sucked i had everything done but that and i had to be that "guy" running around trying to get intel rather then help team. Sucks even worse when it happens to you.
Just my two cents from an old whale.

Edited by LordLosh, 11 September 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#216 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Me too Completed all Scouting, Invasion, and Clan-specific Challenges to earn the Executioner EXE-C ....

BUT i've not EXE , I have Zeus Wtf Posted Image ???

#217 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

I think the biggest issue I have with this whole event is it starting like hours before PGI closes down for the weekend so there were issues and the support can't possibly be as efficient/responsive on the weekend.

I'm sure there were reasons, but I would highly recommend starting such events earlier for just this reason...

#218 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostFrostM3, on 10 September 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

The event is still pugged. I played as Clan, and completed only the Clan-specific challenges, but received the Zeus mech. Now I have to switch to IS to complete the IS-specific challenges to try to get the Executioner mech. I hope PGI fixes this, especially for the loyalists.

Posted Image

Same here, I have finish the clan challenge but I get the IS Zeus reward..

#219 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

Ummm.. the completion counter is bugged... I'm Davion.. but it shows I completed all 3 challenges for clan

#220 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

Bit a challenge forcing your enemy to bring the mech types you need to complete your KMDD challenge, isn't it?

:/

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users