• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:46 PM

MOBO: MSI 990FXA GAMING
CPU: FX 8350 4.0 GHZ
GPU: SAPPHIRE RADEON R9 390 NITRO
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 2500 MHZ (clocked at 1866)
1000W PSU
STANDALONE GAME INSTALLED ON SSD
FRESH WIN 10 INSTALL ALL DRIVERS TO DATE

I've tried 30 different ways to speed this game up. Deleting the shaders cache. user.cfg settings. Bottomed out low settings. Overclocking every single thing on my rig to make it power through the pure molasses that is this game. I get into fights in game and drop to an unplayable 12 fps or worse. I've had it.

OH BY THE WAY, I'm running Battlefield 1 at max settings without a hitch.

WTF mw.

#2 NyxSilence

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

Bump. Or this forum is dead.

#3 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

Have you tried DX9? And some older! AMD driver. Maybe from last december?

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

Tis dead James...

1. Power Options, set to High Performance.
2. For testing, Task manager, set Affinity to 0-3 cores on the mwoclient.exe would need to do this each time game is started for the time being. There is a way to do it permanently but right now this is just troubleshooting.

#5 NyxSilence

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:57 AM

HOLY HELL! HUMANS RESPONDED!

View Postvon Haudegen, on 04 September 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Have you tried DX9? And some older! AMD driver. Maybe from last december?

The last time I did that was 4 days ago. Then I launched my client and caused my computer to have a seizure. No thank you. Not again.

Update: all drivers on my entire rig, not just my gpu, are currently up to date.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 04 September 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Tis dead James...

1. Power Options, set to High Performance.
2. For testing, Task manager, set Affinity to 0-3 cores on the mwoclient.exe would need to do this each time game is started for the time being. There is a way to do it permanently but right now this is just troubleshooting.

1. Already been active.
2. Tested just now. Zero resolve.

Edited by NyxSilence, 05 September 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

Are you running any software that is logging what your system is doing with CPU/GPU/system heat, or CPU/GPU speeds? It is possible the Turboboost, when it kicks in (average joe temp OC, hitting fewer and fewer cores), that one core may be triggering a slowdown after heat peaks when hitting a threshold.

As for the overclocking, it should be only the CPU atm, that is the biggest bang for the FPS.

This is not about your average, it is what is happening when your FPS drops and having a log showing the state of your computer during that time frame.

Turbo Boost

#1: 4200 MHz, 1.425V
#2: 4100 MHz, 1.4V

These are the modes the system will drop the CPU to if triggered when exceeding a high heat threshold.
Low Power State
#1: 3400 MHz, 1.225V
#2: 2800 MHz, 1.125V
#3: 2100 MHz, 1V
#4: 1400 MHz, 0.875V

A: Safe CPU temperatures are 60 degrees Celsius and below. It may still run fine with CPU temperatures, exceeding 60C threshold by a few degrees. Running the FX-8350 close to 70 degrees and higher is not recommended.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 September 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#7 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:10 AM

I own a Radeon 380 and I had have great problems with any AMD-Crimson-Driver between Dezember 2015 and July 2016. The last Catalyst-Driver (November 2015) was OK. The first Crimson-Driver (November too I think) was OK, but only the newest Crimson-Driver (August 2016) work now as exspected. Alle driver between Dezember 2015 and July 2016 make my MWO unstable, frame-drop and Fall back to Desktop when I alpha some Laser! (the effect must be incompatible with the driver... ??).
Thats why I ask you to try an OLD! driver.

View PostNyxSilence, on 05 September 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

HOLY HELL! HUMANS RESPONDED!

The last time I did that was 4 days ago. Then I launched my client and caused my computer to have a seizure. No thank you. Not again.

Update: all drivers on my entire rig, not just my gpu, are currently up to date.

1. Already been active.
2. Tested just now. Zero resolve.

#8 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:43 AM

Hm, 12fps does sound like there is some deeper, non-MWO issue with your setup. You should at least get around 30-50fps during battles, with everything on low except textures, and damage glow turned off, FXAA for the anti-aliasing. My specs are worse than yours and the only time I get completely unplayable fps is with particles. I wish I could run environment on high for ambient occlusion (because pretty) but the extra stuff kills my fps as well.

On the overclocking front, if you have a motherboard that lets you disable cores, try turning off 4 of your 8 cores and overclock the rest harder. You can make MWO use more cores with config tweaks but I'm not sure it does very much. I believe the mech component geo is hard/unoptimized on non-Intel CPUs. The new stuff on the maps seems to eat up 20fps as well.

Edited by 4EVR, 06 September 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#9 NyxSilence

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

View Post4EVR, on 06 September 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

Hm, 12fps does sound like there is some deeper, non-MWO issue with your setup. You should at least get around 30-50fps during battles, with everything on low except textures, and damage glow turned off, FXAA for the anti-aliasing.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 September 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Are you running any software that is logging what your system is doing with CPU/GPU/system heat, or CPU/GPU speeds? It is possible the Turboboost, when it kicks in (average joe temp OC, hitting fewer and fewer cores), that one core may be triggering a slowdown after heat peaks when hitting a threshold.

Upon mass further investigation there were a few different culprits.

First off Windows 10 is at fault. 7 was just fine and bonersoft is just trying to make a quick buck. If you don't have version 1607 for Win10 it causes outrageous problems from the get go.

Second relooking at the minor features there were bloat ware problems across the board that makes framerate bad. We play on DESKTOPS. NOT TABLETS. So I went trough the control panel and turned of everything that was unnecessary. EVERYTHING IN PRIVACY IS PURE BLOATWARE. In advanced system settings there are performance options that are selected that are entirely detrimental to operation. Including virtual memory. If that **** is not on auto it starts doing its own thing. For starters it straight maxes out your disk usage and Ram.

After reinstalling all my games (all 400 gigs....) here we are back at the start for MW. Now I'm pushing everything up to medium no problems and hovering at 40-90 fps.

One more thing. Uninstall Xbox stuff if you know you aren't using it because that **** eats resources as well.

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

One more thing. Uninstall Xbox stuff if you know you aren't using it because that **** eats resources as well.

Posting so I can like it again..

#11 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:26 PM

View Post4EVR, on 06 September 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

On the overclocking front, if you have a motherboard that lets you disable cores, try turning off 4 of your 8 cores and overclock the rest harder. You can make MWO use more cores with config tweaks but I'm not sure it does very much. I believe the mech component geo is hard/unoptimized on non-Intel CPUs. The new stuff on the maps seems to eat up 20fps as well.

you'll see this thrown around a lot ... but honestly, and without meaning to be insulting ... I wouldn't bother .... because on your 8350, the engine will only talk to 4 cores .... I've been looking harder into this stuff, but am not ready to post my full findings .... anyway, on an AMD 8XXX you want to get the base clock up to 4ghz ... I don't bother with turbo boost, but in my testing, it really has little impact if your not hitting thermal throttling, if you have the cpu in cool and quiet mode, with boost disabled, set it for around 4.2ghz, and under load it will sit at 4.1ghz, on most systems most of the time .... two cores ( affinity restricted to 1/2 modules ) over 4ghz is more than enough to keep most setups more than happy ....

I'd honestly believe, that a single core, clocked at 8ghz, would actually provide enough oomph to run the game, but I couldn't get it to load restricted to a single core, in any configuration ....

in terms of windows 10, doing its own thing .... yeah ... that happens .... and the 'networking' for windows update can essentially hide itself from the rest of the system, but you might 'feel' those big packets coming in and disrupting the games data stream .... theres plenty of info on how to stop it .... but a lot of it only stops portions .... so, if you really want ...you could just break it, and then you can be certain it wasn't it .... anyway what your doing is telling it to send its communication, through a server that isn't there ( probably anyway, that IP translates to yourself ), and not having data flow through it will stop it from sending and receiving, cute huh ? ... open an administrative command prompt,
netsh winhttp set proxy 127.0.0.1
and to remove it, use
netsh winhttp reset proxy

sorry to not give more actual help, but I don't want to give you misinformation either ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users