Dear Pgi (C-Er) Ppcs Have Been Bugged Foroever

21 replies to this topic

#1 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:36 AM

I have played cerppc exclusive loadouts almost exclusively over many months now. And I play this game for years.

The following things need a major fix. Not in a week. Not in a month and not soon but yesterday. Pls pull all staff from all other objectives and fix at least 95 % of the major bugs of this classic mechwarrior weapon. Because whatever you did intend for this weapon....this cannot be the way you envisioned it.

FIrst of all: even though ppcs are majorly bugged they are still pretty good.

But they can be absolutely unreliable in 1 on 1 encounters or when your very life depends on it.

I have lost count on how often I double ppl lets say a jenner right in its face from 300 meters. The jenner is running straight at me. I hit him cause i was aiming right at the center of the mech. There were no pebbles, no trees, no obstacles, I checked his ping and mine (both way below 100), there was no other mech or any kind of obstacle between us. There was only air and i hit him dead center. I see a blue fountain of ppc impact. I look at the jenner. It hasnt taken any dmg whatsoever.

Especially for a ppc exclusive build this means i invest (depending on map) about 45 - 50 % of my heat capacity. This often times means life or death when I have to engage lights as a sniper in melee combat range.

That is one major disadvantage and I have seen this so many times by now.

PGI.

My ppcs just go through mechs or do not cause any damage. Its not just one shot or like 10 - 20 % of my max heat or a bullet/slug/rocket of weapons with quick cooldowns.

PGI....pls look at the stats for the cerppc. Firing just one of those babys is more than costly. And thats an understatement. Loosing an entire alpha, gaining 50ish % heat and then having to wait for a cooldown turns this great weapon into a completly unreliable less great weapon.

But still it is taxed with insane heat and huge cooldowns.

If my mech gets into brawls in late game or has to defend against lights that find me then I am totally screwed in a lot of cases if I loose an entire alpha against a good pilot.

Why do ppcs just go through mechs so often? Why is there a big impact explosion but no damage is registered?

Another really frustrating thing about ppcs ist that they hit everything and anything in their path. Even if you stay clear of an obstacle you better double that distance or tripple it because your ppcs will still hit the ridge or the corner of the building or the trees limbs or the root that is ten meters below your crosshair.

But when it comes to shooting mechs they pass between the tiny space between spiders legs? Or their arms? That just doesnt make any sense.

All of those things need a fix.

Mwos greatest weakness is the attitude of the devs for simply ignoring those major bugs in the game for months but mostly years. You just ignore it and this thing has been around for how long? Since day 1?

And if this cannot be fixed then something is completly wrong with the engine or your programmers simply arent competent and I would hire new experts who know how to program guns that hit what they are aimed at if major lag isnt an issue.

Or find competent programmers and hire them for 2 weeks to finally fix this.

How many more years players have to wait for that?

It is this attitude that caused a lot of ppl to not play anymore. You guys take foreer x 50 to fix anything. It takes milennia.

That is a philosophy which i dont understand. This is your baby, your game, but you dont treat it very well.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

Probably your client thought the PPCs have hit--hence explosion effect--but the HSR on server side decided that you missed, after all.

View Postoneda, on 15 September 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

Another really frustrating thing about ppcs ist that they hit everything and anything in their path. Even if you stay clear of an obstacle you better double that distance or tripple it because your ppcs will still hit the ridge or the corner of the building or the trees limbs or the root that is ten meters below your crosshair.

Yeah it's annoying, and ACs suffer from that too. Guess that is the perk of being a projectile with hit-boxes.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2016 - 02:00 AM.

#3 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:01 AM

Is there any official statement though? I have the same observations too, but i thought it was just me. Sometimes they just dont feel right.

#4 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

How do you check the other players Ping?

#5 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

yeah, I use cERPPC's constantly lately and while it doesn't happen often, from time to time the hit reg can be a bit wonky. I've shot lights that are standing still at 200 meters and get a no-hit. It's frustrating, but like I said it doesn't happen very often.

@Almond Brown pings are displayed on the scoreboard.

#6 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 15 September 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

How do you check the other players Ping?

The team list page (default = Tab) shows the ping of each player.

#7 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

I've used PPC, ERPPCs, and CERPPCs extensively. My hits always seem to register and inflict full damage. There have been times though where I have noticed a PPC impact slap into my 'mech and my paperdoll doesn't even flash. I always just assumed someone just shot me from outside of the PPCs maximum range when that happens, but it seems to happen pretty often.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

Blame that magical netcode. It's the same one that some people are universally praising even though that same code can't seem to hit discoed-shutdown Direwolves that seem to have magical black holes.

Edited by Deathlike, 15 September 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#9 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

I notice a lot of people complain about hitreg while others say it's just fine and always works for them. I happen to be one of the people it always seems to work for. I've got a feeling that this is one of those issues that some players have and others do not for some mysterious reason, but that makes it very hard to troubleshoot. It also makes it very hard to tell how many people are having legitimate issues and how many are just trying to blame the software for their own lack of skill.

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

I almost never run my Warhawk just because of the bloated PPC hitbox sizes. Can't fire half the time without a shot impacting on thin air. Passing through mechs is much less common, but still.

#11 Funkmaster Rick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 184 posts
  • Locationis just an illusion.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

View Postoneda, on 15 September 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

Pls pull all staff from all other objectives and fix at least 95 % of the major bugs of this classic mechwarrior weapon.

This is not how to talk to people, by the way.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 15 September 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

yeah, I use cERPPC's constantly lately and while it doesn't happen often, from time to time the hit reg can be a bit wonky. I've shot lights that are standing still at 200 meters and get a no-hit. It's frustrating, but like I said it doesn't happen very often.

@Almond Brown pings are displayed on the scoreboard.

From my experince its about or less then 1 in 10 that this happes with. Granted any time dmg is stolen from you its lame but i feel that it used to be much worse. Terrain hit boxes seem to be the worse thing i find about them. MY Ac's and lasers will fly over a certain rock and hit a mechs face or top of its CT but if you try the same shot with PPC's they hit the terrain box in front of said mech.

IM pretty sure the PPC projectile is a giant square that flies through the air and if even a sliver of the box touches a terrain box it kills your shot.

#13 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

I have some days when any of ppc/srm/dakka seems really flaky... but mostly it's fine...

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,897 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostMole, on 15 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

I notice a lot of people complain about hitreg while others say it's just fine and always works for them. I happen to be one of the people it always seems to work for. I've got a feeling that this is one of those issues that some players have and others do not for some mysterious reason, but that makes it very hard to troubleshoot. It also makes it very hard to tell how many people are having legitimate issues and how many are just trying to blame the software for their own lack of skill.

But they have unsourced anecdotes! That's totally proof of everything!

Edited by Void Angel, 15 September 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#15 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 15 September 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

But they have unsourced anecdotes! That's totally proof of everything!

Well, in my example though, there is recorded proof (if only Mcgral showed up to this thread).

I once experienced this with a discoed King Crab. Somehow my shots "did no damage" to a stationary mech on Terra Therma (and is the case for maps where you have a discoed mech spawn on slanted/uneven surfaces, including Vitric Forge).

Edited by Deathlike, 15 September 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#16 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 September 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well, in my example though, there is recorded proof (if only Mcgral showed up to this thread).

I once experienced this with a discoed King Crab. Somehow my shots "did no damage" to a stationary mech on Terra Therma (and is the case for maps where you have a discoed mech spawn on slanted/uneven surfaces, including Vitric Forge).

There's a common bug that effects disconnected 'mechs where the server registers the 'mech in a slightly different location than it displays to the players. I saw this in action earlier this week when the last guy on the enemy team was a disconnected Mist Lynx and the guy who found him tried to farm him for component destructions and kept shooting his arm over and over again and the Mist Lynx was not taking damage. He finally shifted his aim to the center torso and started getting hits on the side torso of the paper doll, then shifted his aim to the opposite torso and finally killed him with a CT shot. So far as I know though this only happens with disconnects.

Edited by Mole, 15 September 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#17 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostMole, on 15 September 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

There's a common bug that effects disconnected 'mechs where the server registers the 'mech in a slightly different location than it displays to the players. I saw this in action earlier this week when the last guy on the enemy team was a disconnected Mist Lynx and the guy who found him tried to farm him for component destructions and kept shooting his arm over and over again and the Mist Lynx was not taking damage. He finally shifted his aim to the center torso and started getting hits on the side torso of the paper doll, then shifted his aim to the opposite torso and finally killed him with a CT shot. So far as I know though this only happens with disconnects.

It's a feature, unfortunately.

#18 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 September 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

It's a feature, unfortunately.

Is this some kind of joke or are you serious? How is that kind of desync a feature?

#19 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostMole, on 15 September 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is this some kind of joke or are you serious? How is that kind of desync a feature?

I'll work on my sarcasm.

Tt's the fact that it's been there for a long time and unresolved... bugs like that become "features".

#20 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

I'll work on my sarcasm.

Tt's the fact that it's been there for a long time and unresolved... bugs like that become "features".

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users