How I've "played" Mwo Since Feb

44 replies to this topic

#21 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:09 AM

View PostMr Beefy, on 16 September 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

So pretty..... so shiney.... SO MUCH DAKKA DAKKA, so OP, PGI please nerf the GOLD mechs, there are to many of them sitting in the garages!

Funny, I was in a match the other day, and one of our team mate's drops once again out of match. He comes back, and is lagging all over the place. This guy was kinda new(or I think he was) and he starts getting chatter from one of our teammates dogging him about how he needs to get a new computer. Funny thing is, my computer is up to the task on running this game and very well (or should be way more then enough) and I also get random drops, no blue screens, but sometimes MWO will make my computer freeze up and I have to hard restart. I build custom rigs, and my computer is not the issue. My internet just switch over to Fiber, and it isn't the issue either. MWO is the only game I play also that does this. My driver are all up to date.

This guy was so rude to our other teammate, just running his mouth off about how he needed to get a new computer or uninstall the game. Ha ha... I think he also told me I needed to go get a better computer too. SMH....rightPosted Image

I can play just fine. (after I adjusted the priority settings of my network.) R9 270X x2 + i74590 @3,6ghz ive also had a bluescreen isue... but that was due to my r9 overclocking to levels way beyond my powersuply... making my pc shutdown for safety reasons (powersurge lolz) with vsync and limited overclocking it runs stable at 60FPS maxed.

It realy is hardware dependendent but sofar an AMD gpu + inel cpu seems to be the better choice for gaming than my older Nvidia gpu+ amd cpu.

And sometimes stuff just fails to install/download correctly. just check the installation with either the launcher or steam maybe that helps a bit :D .

the only game I realy have problems running is that unoptimized piece of s*** "The Division" visit the safe house once... and I can restart my computer due to being stuck at less than 1 fps even after closing the game.

#22 Fester Blatz1980

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostImperius, on 15 September 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

...Log out.

That true? Because:

#23 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostFester Blatz1980, on 16 September 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

That true? Because:

Yup ask him when he recorded that footage :) that would be Jan I think when I did a bunch of drops with the devs

Edited by Imperius, 16 September 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:11 AM

View PostImperius, on 15 September 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Posted Image
...Log out.

How about you?

$500 well spent right?

#25 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 16 September 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

last i played was,
group up
drop on HPG,
walk
get bluescreen (yeah cool how MOW is the onyl game that ever manage to make this happen on my PC)
play planet explorer

-.-

Isn't it though? I don't get the blue screen crashes but the ones where Windows asks if I want to send the report, yup. Or how about not being able to connect in general? Or how about Alt+Tabbing and having the game crash? Or Alt+Tabbing and my screen starts flashing which sometimes leads to a crash?

So many problems and like you I literally don't have any of them with any other game I play.

Edited by xTrident, 16 September 2016 - 05:43 AM.

#26 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:20 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 September 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

$500 well spent right?

$1000 I bought 2, and so far no it hasn't been well spent. Hence my distraught attitude on these forums. It still has potential but I'm losing faith in its leadership.

#27 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostxTrident, on 16 September 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Isn't though? I don't get the blue screen crashes but the ones where Windows asks if I want to send the report, yup. Or how about not being able to connect in general? Or how about Alt+Tabbing and having the game crash? Or Alt+Tabbing and my screen starts flashing which sometimes leads to a crash?

So many problems and like you I literally don't have any of them with any other game I play.

minimal viable optimization

#28 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:30 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 16 September 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

People who haven't played since February shouldn't ask PGI for mechs.

Posted Image

I admit, this made me exhale sharply.

#29 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 16 September 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

I admit, this made me exhale sharply.

He's mad I made a valid point.

#30 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostxTrident, on 16 September 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Isn't it though? I don't get the blue screen crashes but the ones where Windows asks if I want to send the report, yup. Or how about not being able to connect in general? Or how about Alt+Tabbing and having the game crash? Or Alt+Tabbing and my screen starts flashing which sometimes leads to a crash?

When i get MWO crashes, I can usually trace it to actually keeping my drivers up to date. Having the latest nvidia drivers seems to cause more issues than they fix. I'm usually 2 or 3 releases behind. Except for today... for some reason felt the need to get updated, and now MWO "stutters" once in a while. Blame PGI for their sharts, blame nvidia for theirs.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:08 AM

I do wonder about those of you with decent machines who get these kind of errors. I mean I keep thinking I need to update to a real computer, almost solely in hopes that I can play MWO in higher settings (yes I'm one of those terribads who actually wants to see the game and especially the mechs in all of their glory even if I have to put up with, fog, rain, and other visual hardships to game play). But I keep hearing from folks who claim to have good machines but still suffer from far more problems than just low fps (see posts above). I play on a 7 (soon to be 8) year old lap top (admittedly it was once a VERY good lap top, but still), running windows 7 with customized settings from PGI* Most of the settings are low and/or various features turned off, but at least with this set up the only thing I suffer from is occasional fps lag. Makes me think there is no point (yet) to upgrading my potato.

*I highly recommend that if you have problems to contact technical support and request help with your settings. It only takes a few days of back and forth with them, and if they can provide you with settings that improve your game play they will. I bad mouth PGI for A LOT, but their support folks are amazingly helpful.

#32 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

Checked my stats page...been playing my freebie alt accounts almost exclusively this month, currently working on getting the full 100 games in on my Firestarters-only account for the 3rd year reward.

Someone with graphics skills needs to make a meme along the lines of ...
"Gold Dire Wolf: $500
Gold Timber Wolf: $500
Having more fun in a default green Firestarter: Priceless"

PS I only started playing again in May after basically quitting for about a year, so...yeah, I get taking long breaks from this game.

Edited by blood4blood, 16 September 2016 - 08:28 AM.

#33 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 15 September 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

How I've played a lot of MWO recently:

Posted Image

Locust or Spider?

#34 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 16 September 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

People who haven't played since February shouldn't ask PGI for mechs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

I think I have settled into All AC/2 All The Time mode...
But only the weak use macros. I use an office keyboard and mouse along with clever weapons grouping to make the AC/2 buzzsaw.

Macros... ha!

#36 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 September 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

I do wonder about those of you with decent machines who get these kind of errors. I mean I keep thinking I need to update to a real computer, almost solely in hopes that I can play MWO in higher settings (yes I'm one of those terribads who actually wants to see the game and especially the mechs in all of their glory even if I have to put up with, fog, rain, and other visual hardships to game play). But I keep hearing from folks who claim to have good machines but still suffer from far more problems than just low fps (see posts above). I play on a 7 (soon to be 8) year old lap top (admittedly it was once a VERY good lap top, but still), running windows 7 with customized settings from PGI* Most of the settings are low and/or various features turned off, but at least with this set up the only thing I suffer from is occasional fps lag. Makes me think there is no point (yet) to upgrading my potato.

*I highly recommend that if you have problems to contact technical support and request help with your settings. It only takes a few days of back and forth with them, and if they can provide you with settings that improve your game play they will. I bad mouth PGI for A LOT, but their support folks are amazingly helpful.

No point in upgrading your PC for MWO!

My current rig:

Asus Z97 Deluxe Motherboard
4790k 4.6GHz Liquid Cooled
16GB DDR3 2400MHz Ram
500 GB SSD (Windows 10 current)
960 GB SSD (Games)
Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Plays DOOM 4 and pretty much every triple AAA title maxed out at 4K around 60-80FPS

MWO might as well crash at the log in screen. Dips into the 20's just on the Mechwarrior academy intro lol. I'm sure it still dips in game it did when I had SLi GTX 980's

#37 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostClownwarlord, on 16 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Locust or Spider?

LCT-1V(P) "Wildcat"

#38 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

Since Feburary. Well up to **** to be honest.

#39 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

Dropped half a dozen games today for the first time in three weeks

#40 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

I'm about there. I've never seen so many players that can't drive and couldn't hit the broad side of a very large immobile object. All of whom are afraid of scraping those $69.95 Earl Scheib paint jobs. Assaults that stay in the back. As in "forever". LRM boats that seem to think their ammo is incredibly valuable but only seem to manage to shoot AFTER they lose targeting. All from well over 900M, of course.

Sigh. Don't know how much more I can take. And weekends are worse by far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users