BattleMech 15: Spider

398 replies to this topic

#381 Velete

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Heres hoping for added wings and a major MG buff for it:D

Maybe even a flamer tweak to sweeten the deal

Unless one of the variants mounts ECM...

#382 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostCrescent Fresh, on 18 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

What are the purpose of the arms? Soak up damage against the side torsos?

Thats why I love the Spider, the arms and side torso are nothing but damage soakers, so its a light that take forever to kill.

#383 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

If the Spider has ECM I will take it since then I will have ECM to counter ECM. If not will still pick one up to try , I like light mechs but with the ECM Raven Commando and medium Cicada it really does not pay to pilot one. I been playing conquest in pugs mostly and it basically end in who has the most ECM light or medium mechs. I was on a team they had one surviving mech against 4 mechs heavy, assault AND medium and that one badly damaged mech took all of those four down his ending score was 6 plus kills. Now everyone knows we have lag shield issue and the net code issue and the no knock down in game now add in ECM and it not even funny. You have to have something to counter the net code and lag shield issue and that was streak without that don't know how the game is going to survive so if they put ECM on a mech that didn't have it in canon really not going to complain since I need a jump capable light with ECM.

Edited by Bullseye69, 13 January 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#384 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

can you jump on a stalker's head an melt it's cockpit standing right above it?

#385 Biruke

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I think there will be two versions able to carry ECM. D and K mods have two antennas and the V-mod has only one.

#386 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Sure its 129kph is fun, but until MWO does something to upgrade and make Jump jets more useful in game... I will pass!!!

Jump jets NEED to lift mechs off the ground FASTER for a Def effort!

Jump jetting onto a rooftop doesnt work well. LRMs and crack shots can blow ya up as fast as you jump jet up there!

I've even tried being a Raven jump jet Sniper. Mounting an ERPPC! Those now common, 4-5 light mechs with ECMs and 140kph speed, just quickly run up to ya and blow ya up!

Anyhow... Jump jets in this game are worthless to me. I've tried them on some mechs and if you ask me, your BETTER OFF saving the 2 or 2.5 tons for adding another Medium Laser or more ammo IMHO!!!!

#387 Phatel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Jumpjets currently are not worth the tonnage. They barely give you any kind of lift and at best are used to hover over gaps in the terrain. Without the ability to Jump up, the spider is gimped. Without ECM it is a target for every mech with streaks. Currently due to streaks being insanely op and the only counter being to carry ECM. A scout without ECM is at a MASSIVE disadvantage against another light with ECM. One has to aim lasers the other holds down the trigger and the damage automagically applies itself every couple seconds until dead, usually (80%) to the rear CT as the missles circle like a moon until they impact.

So things hurting the spider from being a fun mech at launch:

1. Jumpjets atm are terrible for jumping and need a vertical buff both in distance and maybe speed.
2. Limited missle hardpoints coupled with no ECM would make it unplayable against anything with ecm and streaks
3. Speed Cap due to netlag. The spider is out of the box much faster than any other light in game, due to speed being capped in MWO due to netcode all lights are created equal. Instead of capping at 200kph, it's top end will still be 139 and 151 after speed tweek. Intended or not really makes this mech not worth buying and all lights generic.

It would be really nice to see lights able to be taken for a reason other than they have ecm and a missle slot. Though I'll be happy with a Commando isn't able to run in a circle and kill 100 ton mechs while 3 guys shoot at him and do 0 dmg.

#388 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 12 January 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Well as I've pointed out before, it won't get ECM. The variant that had it doesn't exist in 3050, won't exist for another 15+ years gametime, and even then it had Angel ECM, not Gaurdian ECM.

View PostSennin, on 12 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I've seen the game files and as long as they dont change on patch day, I am going to laugh uncontrollably in your direction. :P

- Spider SDR-5D

- Tonnage: 30
- Top Speed: 129.6
- Armor: 112
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Center Torso: 1 Medium Laser
- Right Arm: 1 Flamer
- Hardpoints:
- Left Torso: 1 AMS
- Center Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Arm: 2 Energy
- Jump Jets: 8 (8 Max)
- ECM Capable?: Yes
- Module Slots: 2

I'm laughing histerically now. :wub:

(I must say though I am dissapointed they decided to stay with both energy hardpoints in the RIGHT ARM! Really, you couldnt gives us some symmetry?)

Edited by Sennin, 15 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#389 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I am looking foreword to having one of my own.

#390 Grey Man

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

For anyone who hasn't purchased one yet:

Spider = Super fun.

Not very combat effective by any means.

But FUN!

#391 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

max 255 engine-137.7KPH

Edited by BL00D RAVEN, 15 January 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#392 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Using this small beauty atm. Ur not able to do any greater damage, even compared to a commando ur weak. But jumping around and driving this mech is hell lot of fun...

#393 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostGrey Man, on 15 January 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

For anyone who hasn't purchased one yet:

Spider = Super fun.

Not very combat effective by any means.

But FUN!

Oh man is fantastic to run around in. My second match with the spider I ran into another spider in the tunnel on Forest Colony. We had a great fight until another mech showed up and I had to run.

Third match was going ok then I ran into a commando.

fourth a raven.

Fifth a raven

Any one who uses the jenner K or non ECM commandos knows how that is.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 15 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#394 Sloddor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMannheim

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I had absolutely no fun with it. Its the weakest mech out there. Looks cool, is made of paper, and feels like punching with fists. Total joke und very useless.

#395 Grey Man

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I wouldn't say it was useless. Best match in it so far was 533 damage, 2 kills 4 assists. Made about 90,000 c-bills on a loss due to the enemy out-capping us on conquest. And honestly, I am having more fun in this thing than I ever did in my Ilya or 4SP, even though they are WAY more effective.

#396 SolidCobalt

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Oh crap... Another light mech...

With all the issues around lag shield and stuff and they bring another light mech...

Who cares if it is made of paper and only has 2 ML (i dont know and i dont care)!! It still does damage and can't be hit, it can scout...And i'm not talking about being fast, i'm talking about lagggg...I'm no nerd in battletech stuff but until this game minimizes the lag/connection issue around here, light mechs should not be added.

Does everyone has to belong a clan or play with friends or have a special purpose anti-scout mech to play this game?
I play alone has many other players out there. Sometimes i'm in good teams sometimes bad ones. Never complained but this is absurd...
With all the light mechs and they had to add another...Wheres the fun?! Where are the big battles were other class mechs have a roll? Its light mechs all over the place, killing assault mechs left and right cuz this game still has problems with lag and connection.

There should only exist 2 scouts per team, not 5!

Sorry for whinnig but i play alone has many other ppl. And i'm starting to become tired of this...

I never posted in this forum, until now, until the lights take over this game...Hell!!!

#397 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

If there is still somebody who didn't realized it the 5D variant can mount ECM and three lasers :)
The 5V variant can mount 12 ....yea twelve !!!!! jumpjets and 3 Modules without master.
The 5K variant mounts 4 balistik and one energy.

Nasty little beasts.

#398 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

The D variant having ECM came as an unpleasant shock. It should not have ECM, period. Guess the devs have a short memory when it comes to them saying they'd not give mechs anything they did not have in TT. Or maybe I should say selective memory.

#399 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hardly saw anyone play spider in the matches I played lately... dying breed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users