Events: Dont Make Kmd As Goal

12 replies to this topic

#1 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

please dont make kill most damages a Goal of Events it often seems to destroy teamplay because everyone seems to go crazy to make kmds

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

What alternative would work? Pure damage? Killing blows? Now there is a teamplay killer. There's always going to be a disturbance in the Force when an event is on; people play differently, because they want to get points - not realizing that the actions they're taking screw their buddy, which screws the team, which gets them fewer points overall.

Reward assists? "Whelp, I'm not going to kill that guy, I won't get points." Reward killing blows? "I can't shoot yet; he won't die from my alpha. I'll just let him pound on my teammate a little more before I try to get the kill..." Reward solo kills? "Divide and conquer! That means you have to split up to win!" Reward raw damage? "LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMAGEDDDDDDDOOOOOOONNNNNNN!"

The reason events reward KMDDs is that they tried other things and found that people would do all sorts of asinine stuff; KMDD is an improvement - what you're seeing with The Stupid is the result of there simply being an event to screw their buddy for. Posted Image

Edited by Void Angel, 19 September 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Yup, KMMD is really the least objectionable metric they've used in.. well, as long as they've been running events.

They did try pretty much everything else, and it was way, way worse.

Edited by Wintersdark, 19 September 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:40 PM

If you are unable to be effective against 1 enemy target... it's kinda hard to be successful in this game.

#5 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

IF you suck at KMD it is not a game fault Posted Image

#6 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

What alternative would work?

This: http://mwomercs.com/...-kill-and-kmdd/

#7 Dandred

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

First, I feel KMDD is the second most important stat in at the end. It is what I look for and use to see how well I have done. Killing blow can be just vulching, and assists simply tagging. Solo Kill is another solid benchmark. But KMDD defines whether you have done significant damage and contributed to your team's success in downing that mech.

Secondly, you get no KMDD if you get no kills. So you still have to work as team to succeed, even if some do not realize that yet.

Finally, all damage can contribute to the destruction of a mech. Blow the unarmed arm off the side? It gets much harder to shield anything. Kill a leg? It moves slower and is more easily hit.

No I like this KMDD event.

#8 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Agreed KMDD is one of the best metrics/events we have had.

#9 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

KMDD's utter and blatant worthlessness is proven with every event in the last couple of months/years: LURM and Streak boats galore.

KMDD only rewards mindlessly shelling out damage, not accounting for effective and/or efficiently applied damage - like targetting an already damaged component in order to take out a mech quickly. You get rewarded more if you farm the enemy which is completely against all that is the foundation of Inner Sphere and Clan salvage policies and abhorrence of waste.

I agree, KMDD is the best metric we have, but it still is completely ****.

#10 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 03 October 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

KMDD's utter and blatant worthlessness is proven with every event in the last couple of months/years: LURM and Streak boats galore.

KMDD only rewards mindlessly shelling out damage, not accounting for effective and/or efficiently applied damage - like targetting an already damaged component in order to take out a mech quickly. You get rewarded more if you farm the enemy which is completely against all that is the foundation of Inner Sphere and Clan salvage policies and abhorrence of waste.

I agree, KMDD is the best metric we have, but it still is completely ****.

There's a difference between medicore and completely ****. Also your MDFS metric needs to count all damage used to kill a mech. If it gets legged, you need to count all damage to both legs, if you XL check a cXL you need to count both side torso's. And even still at that point, you aren't rewarding players for intelligently disarming important targets, so it isn't perfect.

#11 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

Having KMD as a goal makes it very hard for my 12x TAG nova to get prizes from events!!!

I mean really PGI??? I need to get 3 KMDs in like a time span of 3 days???? Why such a hard requirment?!?

Why cant it be more skill based? Like, gather the most resources from objective type maps like skirmash?

Or find the most interesting place to shutdown and hide so i can watch youtube?

#12 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 03 October 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

A killing blow, by any other name...

#13 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 03 October 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

A killing blow, by any other name...

Absolutely not. Apparently, I need to write it up shorter, more precise. Without all the details: Damage to the part that kills the mech. Of course, if PGI feels exalted, they can also reward destruction of weapons separately as well.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users