102 replies to this topic

#61 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostBrother Calidus, on 25 September 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

So if it's meant to take your best 10 games in consideration for the leaderboards, how on earth have I gone from 1500 to 1400 (rounding down) after just one match?

Not that I doubt you but... ok yeah I doubt you. ;)

Presuming you mean score not position and I doubt any of the mechs have 1500 people using them sadly.

#62 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostAramuside, on 25 September 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

Presuming you mean score not position and I doubt any of the mechs have 1500 people using them sadly.

I was around 1000th when I started leveling my NTG-PRIME yesterday, so the population isn't as bad as you might expect :)

#63 Brother Calidus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

I did mean score lol

#64 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 September 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

At this point, we should just rename the Night Gyr "Proton" as he owns 4/6 top spot on the Night Gyr leaderboards

Which is why I'm still advocating an "opt-in" system for leaderboards. You should only be able to opt in for 1 or 2 variants of a mech. Otherwise the same players (some of them cheat but PGI allows them to due to bias) get rewarded over and over and over. What is so wrong to step aside and let another fellow player get number #5 when you're already #5 in 2 variant categories? It's spreading the wealth basically. But people are too "omdflgsjgfla I got to pawnz0rz! u sux get gud! so salty! lululul! me me me!" for PGI to even consider it.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 25 September 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#65 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

View Postn o m e r c y, on 25 September 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

Only 1 guy above 4k score still... get on my level noobs Posted Image

View PostRakshaz, on 25 September 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 soaq

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:41 PM

a little spreadsheet i made for the weekends event. it will update itself until the info from the tournaments page is removed and then it will self destruct.

https://docs.google....sjpf_xdZL4/copy

Edited by soaq, 25 September 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#67 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

I'm not sure if I missed it on previous events, but I really appreciate the event countdown timer on the Tournament page itself. I used to have to grab a calculator plus a world time converter to check how much time it was left, this takes all the effort out of it!! Kudos to the Dev team!! Posted Image

#68 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 25 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

I was around 1000th when I started leveling my NTG-PRIME yesterday, so the population isn't as bad as you might expect Posted Image

That's actually really encouraging.Posted Image

#69 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:19 PM

I like the way that someone went from not present to 1st on the JM6 table in a handful of hours averaging 334 points per match..... grats I guess? Oh well back to the grind this evening. ;)

That said its the usual thing that most of the JM6 top 10 I've not seen at all in the solo queue. In fact I've only seen 2-3 other players all weekend in JM6's.

#70 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

A lot of people on the board that ive never seen are either tier 1 or its those who grind the pugs with an alt alt alt alt account. If its the latter whats the leaderboard for if youre farming poor pugs and cant get it transferred into your primary account anyway.

#71 stripped

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGermania superior

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 26 September 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

if youre farming poor pugs and cant get it transferred into your primary account anyway.

Selling accounts? Just saying.

Edit: Or playing on an alien account. For a friend or something.

Edited by stripped, 26 September 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#72 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 26 September 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

A lot of people on the board that ive never seen are either tier 1 or its those who grind the pugs with an alt alt alt alt account. If its the latter whats the leaderboard for if youre farming poor pugs and cant get it transferred into your primary account anyway.

Well in fairness to them when I clawed myself back to 3,340 pts I was joint on points but #1 so he must have played more matches. I'm sure the person is tier 1 same as me as he's a massive poster so I guess group queue.

Besides I just had 3 of my best 5 matches so the gauntlet is laid back down to him. Posted Image

Not sure if to try and push a bit longer while I'm having my best run - as much as #1 on JM6's would be nice mentally theres no advantage reward wise over being #5 and its now 453 pts from memory to #6.

Edited by Aramuside, 26 September 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#73 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

As much as I like these events, I do wish they'd do combined events allowing for both Quickplay and Faction Warfare participation.

Ever since the start of this event, Faction Warfare has dried up. I know it happens each time, but now that I cleared the competition out in 2 days, I haven't been able to play with my team because they all finished up, too. :/

Here's one idea which might address this gap: http://mwomercs.com/...action-loyalty/

#74 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

These events award he who plays more right. Why not limit the game participation to 50 or something? I.e. your best 50 games? Unless it already does that and I'm poorly informed

#75 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:06 PM

View Postl3elthaz0r, on 26 September 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

These events award he who plays more right. Why not limit the game participation to 50 or something? I.e. your best 50 games? Unless it already does that and I'm poorly informed

Well yes and no. It generally rewards group play for a number of reasons... mainly orientated about you can help people to do well. ;)

Its also your best 10 games that count but of course you can have 50 or 100 attempts to get those best 10. Its also why Windscape is back above me on 3483 vs 3480 as he/she is playing a lot more games (my fault as I honestly can't face mass games this weekend so kudos to them for their persistence). Only thing that effects rule wise is that if your scores are tied the player with less matches is above, e.g. when we both had 3340 or so points I was above. Not sure its ever been relevant at the end of a tournament.

#76 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:09 AM

Leaderboards combining PUG and group queue are a farce and have been in quite a while if not from the start. PGI denies to be able to acknowledge this, yet in the regular leaderboards you can see how "good" some of the leaderboard players in the top spots are, when playing normally. Laughable. Only a very few, very good people actually deserve being in the top spots.

#77 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:37 AM

When several members of the same world champs team hold the top 5 or top 10 spots, on the same mech model... you know something fishy is going on.

#78 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

When several members of the same world champs team hold the top 5 or top 10 spots, on the same mech model... you know something fishy is going on.

It might be as innocent as people from the same unit working together to maximize their "lead" player's performance in a given match - for example, by legging enemy mechs and leaving them for one player to secure the solo kill. I personally don't see anything objectionable in that - it's called TEAMWORK :)

(For the record, I haven't used any such tactics so far... But then, I'm not in the top 5 on the leaderboards, and probably won't be in the top 10 by the end of the event :D).

#79 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:31 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 27 September 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

It might be as innocent as people from the same unit working together to maximize their "lead" player's performance in a given match - for example, by legging enemy mechs and leaving them for one player to secure the solo kill. I personally don't see anything objectionable in that - it's called TEAMWORK Posted Image

No, it's called
"Accounts that engage in non-participation or other violations of the CoC, such (but not limited to) AFK/non-participation farming or 'gaming' of the matchmaking system or event conditions will be subject to disqualification and moderation actions."

#80 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostInsufficient Skill, on 27 September 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

No, it's called
"Accounts that engage in non-participation or other violations of the CoC, such (but not limited to) AFK/non-participation farming or 'gaming' of the matchmaking system or event conditions will be subject to disqualification and moderation actions."

So, if an individual player sits back for the entire match, quietly sniping and stealing securing kills (or lurming, or whatever) in order to maximize his match score while his teammates are engaged with the enemy, its perfectly OK, right? And if the entire team works for the benefit of one player, its violation of the CoC? OK, duly noted.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users