102 replies to this topic

#101 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

Thx PGI, enjoyed the event.

I completed the challenge mostly on the solo queue
Had a few games on the group que, but funnily my position didn't change during this time.

Posted Image

Whilst pugging I had two stratergies:

If my team worked together and was coordinated, I would lead from the front.

OR

If my team was uncoordinated I would lead from the back or middle.

Clues were:
1) Team postioning according to my radar. - Scattered or deathball
2) Did teammates return fire when a team mate recieved fire or did the just watch or runaway
3) Were team mates timid
4) Was focus fire a thing or did it take 3 minutes for 11 mechs to kill one mech etc

The reasoning, Dieing early due to lack of team support wont help the team win or help my leada bored aspirations.
Sometimes you just have to salvage what you can from a bad situation. That means staying alive and dropping mechs and perhaps just maybe a possible victory for the team.

Believe me I tried to be the hero in every match, but without support from team mates, I just got rekt over and over.

So I resorted to the above strategy

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 28 September 2016 - 06:28 PM.

#102 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:36 PM

View PostGwei Loong, on 28 September 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

From my own experience I am not sure why anyone would even think or say that. I personally lost at least a total of 100 points on my score because the group I was in lost at one time or another. It's x5 if you lose not x10. This may not seem like much but it is when you factor in how that effected your overall score for that game. One of the worst moments I had was getting 5kmdd's, 2 solo's, 2 kills and doing 1093 damage but having my team lose. It's just a game, I'm ok with it, but...

What's even worse is that you miss out on a lot of kill assists if you lose, and each of those is worth 10 points. And the only way to ensure that you get many assists is to win the match: that way, 12 enemy mechs will end up dead, and each of those mechs that you even grazed in the course of the match will count as an assist. So the leaderboard formula is pretty well balanced, actually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users