Clan Ghost Bear Pugs

14 replies to this topic

#1 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:43 AM

I have seen an absolute **** ton of really bad Faction warfare builds while dropping PUG lately. I want to put myself out here as a resource for Ghost bear pilots who may be struggling to find builds that works for the mechs you have. If anyone has any questions on how to properly kit out omni mechs for Ghost bear please contact me in game. Some other Ghost bear pilots I would recommend reaching out to if you are more comfortable with them. The purpose behind this is that I am seeing a lot of pug groups in ghost bear who really have no clue how to Faction warfare and since ghost bear clan is one big family, i want to hopefully give someone a resource to talk to. The more people we can get into competitive builds the better the experience for all. I have had games where I am cranking out 2400 damage and 10 kills and we still are losing. We need to even out that damage and spread it out among our team.

Suggested Great Ghost bear Pilots to chat with if your uncomfortable coming to me.
Feral Goose- CBGI (US)
Stormie- CBGI (For Aussies/Pacific)
Remover of Obstacles- GBKP (US)
Attakhan- GBKP (for Aussies/Pacific)
Bownd- GBKP (US)
Deadeye- BNB (US)
If members of any units listed have somebody you guys trust that is a great gear head for Mech design please post them.

Forgive me if I left anyone out, feel free to follow up with this post if you consider yourself someone who is willing to help fellow ghost bears.

#2 JasonIIC

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:43 AM

They can always drop by the clan TS hub. ghostbearhub.net (No password required).

I'm sure anyone online would be happy to talk builds. You can also pick up a group if you want. You do not have to be a part of any unit.

#3 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

I know I may get flak for this but LRM Boats....people need to stop bringing them in FP. Maybe 1 in a FP drop is alright but people keep insisting that they're good with LRM boats and that they get high damage with them so I end up seeing 2-3 in game. Then what happens is we have 8-9 mechs pushing with 3-4 hanging back trying to get locks and not sharing armor and providing inconsistent LRM coverage. If you're looking for good builds and want to get your damage up and by extension, contribute to the overall effort, meta builds will be your best bet. Meow mind you, those builds are only for pilots who WANT to do higher damage. If people have builds that they enjoy playing then by all means, play your build.

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

Bear pugs, so cute!

#5 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

Possible to post good sample builds here?

#6 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostJables McBarty, on 13 July 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'd say go for it Posted Image

#7 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostJables McBarty, on 13 July 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Absolutely, post anything you want here. My bigger picture is to get across to those who may not be as comfortable just approaching experienced players and asking for help. Some people just need that explanation of why to go along with the how and what. So I am hoping to create a spot that shows experience ghost bear players are here to help you be apart of the community and that it transcends units.

#8 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 13 July 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

I'd say go for it Posted Image

So, I'm one of these GBC PUGs...can someone critique what I've been bringing? I ranged from 922-2166 damage for the second Frontline weekend, averaging 1509 dmg across 11 games--which is far better than I expected--so I'm not sure if that's me getting better, having decent builds, or just having a bunch of really, really bad PUGs playing over the event.

Invasion

Spoiler

Scouting
Spoiler

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

Yeah we are CGB for a week from today.

1st match today I think I saw, conservatively, 10 LRM boats over the first two waves.

Had to keep asking them to push up and share armour with the 69MG guys who were pushing.

Posted Image

We won, some solid play across the board and mostly everyone listened to the calls being made by 69MG (absolutely brilliant that people followed)

But you can see how little LRMs do vs direct fire. I actually ran outta ammo on my dual UAC10 TBR, raking in around 800dmg on just one mech which is more than some who brought 2LRM boats outta 4 and probably did ~400dmg each mech.

I'm happy to share any builds etc. Just less LRMs definitely needed as this game should've been closer to 48/28 IMO.

#10 KODIAK-AU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 168 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

I also would be happy to help out any cub and set them on the path to Terra.

#11 JasonIIC

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 13 July 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

So, I'm one of these GBC PUGs...can someone critique what I've been bringing? I ranged from 922-2166 damage for the second Frontline weekend, averaging 1509 dmg across 11 games--which is far better than I expected--so I'm not sure if that's me getting better, having decent builds, or just having a bunch of really, really bad PUGs playing over the event.

Invasion

Spoiler

Scouting
Spoiler

As long as you can play those PPC'S at short range, there's no problem with that. Good vs bad builds can be debated all day long, but the really bad ones are those that prevent you from participating in some of the keys to successful FP. Share armor, move in close, follow DC commands. I don't see anything in there that would prevent you from doing those.

This is assuming you're much, much better than I am with a PPC, of course.

#12 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 13 July 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Invasion

Spoiler

Scouting
Spoiler

So you have some interesting builds, if you are really hitting at 1500-2000 damage with them then I would say keep going. The only concerning thing i see, and it's hard to tell from your post that you may or may not adequately be sharing armor. Also you tend to maybe over splitting your weapon systems a bit. For instance your mad dogs, I would reccomend either rolling 6 streak 6 or 6 srms 6 with Artemis and 2 small pulse lasers. I personally prefer 6srms with Artemis but if you haven't mastered the skill shot yet it might be easier to stay with streaks for damage consistency. The other thing you have to consider is getting the most effectiveness out of your weapons modules, which is why I advice streamlining your weapon systems a bit more. For your hbk2 I would reccomend looking at the 3 large pulse laser build. HBk are pretty glass cannon and this gives you more range to hit from. I personally prefer airstrike to arty, and cool shot 9 is by far the better choice so good job there. For your twolves I reccomend trying out 2 large pulse and 5 er mediums. Also look at 4srm6 and 4 small pulse build for twolves. Good for pushing. Also I would have a short range set up for grim portico like maps and a longer range set up for say boreal. Hope that helps a bit. We can talk specifics over TS if you want.

#13 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 13 July 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

I know I may get flak for this but LRM Boats....people need to stop bringing them in FP. Maybe 1 in a FP drop is alright but people keep insisting that they're good with LRM boats and that they get high damage with them so I end up seeing 2-3 in game. Then what happens is we have 8-9 mechs pushing with 3-4 hanging back trying to get locks and not sharing armor and providing inconsistent LRM coverage. If you're looking for good builds and want to get your damage up and by extension, contribute to the overall effort, meta builds will be your best bet. Meow mind you, those builds are only for pilots who WANT to do higher damage. If people have builds that they enjoy playing then by all means, play your build.

Even though I pretty much only play LRM boats, I agree with this. With a handful of exceptions, i pretty much should be the only LRM boat on my teams. :)

#14 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

Been playing in ghost bear since Saturday. Sometimes it's not so much the mech choices but the utter lack of communications, be it over voip or chat. Have only had 3 games where there were other people responding and communicating and those we did well
Had a couple of games where the only communication was 'your plan sucked' or 'you bunch of **** idiots' when they should have disputed the call of the person trying to lead then offer another plan.
Really, team work OP. Talk and it'll always go better.
Just my 2 cents in general improvements
Cheers

#15 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

If you are building brawl builds this is the kind of mechs I tend to bring

EBJ - 6ersl 2xUAC10 3 tons ammo. It rips apart mechs at close range and works great at suppression. I average 500-600 damage in this mech.
EBJ - 6MPL. This is more mid range but the pulse duration is low. The bad part is it runs insanely hot so bring cool shot.
ACH - 6ersl. I prefer this over the small pulse because they run cooler, and overheating in a fight is asking to get your face smashed in. If you can't live without small pulse bring cool shot and he prepared to hit and run for cool down a lot.

Occasionally I also run a kdk but I have yet to find a great build that works for my style. I hate assaults and mine aren't mastered so that might help too.

Average damage is between 1300-1600 (a bit under stormy still but I will catch that Aussie or did trying.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users