#81 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

View Postdario03, on 28 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Games drop in price all the time. Heck i bought BF4 for $20 a month after it came out. They should really lower a lot of mech prices since buying old mechs now doesnt come with early access which is a big reason to spend real money. Could probably make more money too since more would pay $ instead of saving cbills up.

Sure games do, and I would love lower prices. But we are talking about in game content for an active f2p game. Does that happen in many other games? I honestly don't know. But around here, I just can't see lower prices on ANYTHING happening outside of the occasional and temporary sales that we are all accustomed to.

#82 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 28 September 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

Sure games do, and I would love lower prices. But we are talking about in game content for an active f2p game. Does that happen in many other games? I honestly don't know. But around here, I just can't see lower prices on ANYTHING happening outside of the occasional and temporary sales that we are all accustomed to.

Happens in League of Legends, and that game has an absolutely ludicrous player base. Older skins go down in price as time goes on.

#83 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 28 September 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Never gonna happen. Imagine the outcry of those who purchased at the old, higher prices recently...within the last year...ever. Prices may go up, they aint ever going down.

No. There was no outcry when mech pack made buying mech 50% cheaper and i everyone would love all MC prices to be cut in half again for many reasons.

Prices made sense when there was few mech to buy. Now theres over 400 battlemech and any new guy starting at the bottom of the mountain cliff probably get depressed real fast when he learn the XL he needs cost as much as a mech, the module he needs cost as much as a mech, his double heatsink at 1.5mil are mandatory on all mech and theres all the weaponry, i bet you forgot some cost 800k since you just pick in your inventory. Prices need to go down again, drastically. They should also make sense in the pack they sell now.

Edited by DAYLEET, 28 September 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#84 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 28 September 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

I dont know about other f2p either but i dont see a reason not to.

#85 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement was...

PGI's closing the forums from non-company members to reduce SPAM and negative feedback!

#86 ShoeKush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

Almost everyone in the thread -

A new announcement! Screw that we don't want any announcements.

You guys go play another game if the development of this one bugs you so much. Christ and stop calling him "Russ" like you two grew up on the same street.

Mongrels. *sighs*

Edited by ShoeKush, 28 September 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#87 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 September 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Pretty much all there is to it. Religion related iconography is apparently not OK unless it is the region's largest minority's religion. *shrug*

Well if its about religion per se, then I demand a decal of a colander full of spaghetti with some meat balls to represent his holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'll take a Cthulhu decal while their at it.

#88 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

View PostGraugger, on 28 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement was...

PGI's closing the forums from non-company members to reduce SPAM and negative feedback!

We'll find another place to do it.

We always find a way...

#89 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 28 September 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

No. There was no outcry when mech pack made buying mech 50% cheaper and i everyone would love all MC prices to be cut in half again for many reasons.

Prices made sense when there was few mech to buy. Now theres over 400 battlemech and any new guy starting at the bottom of the mountain cliff probably get depressed real fast when he learn the XL he needs cost as much as a mech, the module he needs cost as much as a mech, his double heatsink at 1.5mil are mandatory on all mech and theres all the weaponry, i bet you forgot some cost 800k since you just pick in your inventory. Prices need to go down again, drastically. They should also make sense in the pack they sell now.

It's true. We have mech saturation. Without a revamp of the legacy prices, why should someone buy a mech that costs as much as it does when they could get a newer mech pack, with all the attendant power creep that may or may not be involved, at a lower per mech price? Older stuff at a discount relative to newer stuff means that older content is still desirable by players.

View PostBud Crue, on 28 September 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well if its about religion per se, then I demand a decal of a colander full of spaghetti with some meat balls to represent his holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'll take a Cthulhu decal while their at it.

I almost made a similar reference. Almost. XD

#90 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

View Postdario03, on 28 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

I dont know about other f2p either but i dont see a reason not to.

I'm all for it, I just don't think that PGI will do it. Maybe in the form of a mastery pack like what Dayleet pointed to they could do it. but just an across the board drop in price for mechs in game before a certain date? I just can't imagine them doing it.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 September 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

It's true. We have mech saturation. Without a revamp of the legacy prices, why should someone buy a mech that costs as much as it does when they could get a newer mech pack, with all the attendant power creep that may or may not be involved, at a lower per mech price? Older stuff at a discount relative to newer stuff means that older content is still desirable by players.

Because that discount could be argued to be an admission of said power creep and imbalance that they keep insisting is not a problem.

Edited by Bud Crue, 28 September 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#91 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostShoeKush, on 28 September 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Almost everyone in the thread -

A new announcement! Screw that we don't want any announcements.

You guys go play another game if the development of this one bugs you so much. Christ and stop calling him "Russ" like you two grew up on the same street.

Mongrels. *sighs*

There has been as much positive speculation as salt, I would say. And I am damn sure not calling him Mr. Bullock, so what would you have us refer to him as?

#92 Reality Dysfunction

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 81 posts
  • Locationcockpit or bar... UK

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 28 September 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ok, I'll bite. That symbol would appear to be the Star of David with an eye. Since I am ignorant of the symbolism I looked on the internets and they tell me that this is a traditional ward against the "evil eye". Where's the offensive nature? I admit to being ignorant when it comes to religious iconography but I don't understand the above as an issue. I mean the undertaker badge has a cross (presumably a crucifix in the manner of a head stone) so it can't just be religious symbology that is the offense. Help me out here.

The Illuminati / Jewish angle. It could be used to symbolise the Jewish religion with said Illuminati, on an even broader knuckleheaded angle it could be aimed at Israel being Illuminati. Not major hate crimes, but stupid, there is enough RL hate out there for those who have a religion already... (I feel it necessary to say at this point, I don't have a religion) and we, well I, don't want that kind of stupid here... start with one and watch the snowball roll...

But thats me.

#93 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

the only thing that I would get excited about would be the stinger and wasp being added, will be crap mechs in this game, but I want them in my Garage.

We know its not going to be a mech and the more than one mech comments are being silly :)

There really isn't anything I can think of that can be announced that will make me go wow or yay, because I will think of all the other times I did, and the thing arrived a year late and a six pack short of a party (FW).

All I hope for is that it's not E-sport related, and that it's on time, is actually worthwhile, and will bring something to the game that is new..

I do not count new weapons as worthwhile, another thing that goes bang and causes power creep will do more damage and wreck balance, is not good for the game

#94 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostReality Dysfunction, on 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

The Illuminati / Jewish angle. It could be used to symbolise the Jewish religion with said Illuminati, on an even broader knuckleheaded angle it could be aimed at Israel being Illuminati. Not major hate crimes, but stupid, there is enough RL hate out there for those who have a religion already... (I feel it necessary to say at this point, I don't have a religion) and we, well I, don't want that kind of stupid here... start with one and watch the snowball roll...

But thats me.

Wow, that is a silly thing to get your panties all wadded up about.

#95 ShoeKush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

There has been as much positive speculation as salt, I would say. And I am damn sure not calling him Mr. Bullock, so what would you have us refer to him as?

Derek Smart.

Alternatively, you could call this game "Motor City Online".

Edited by ShoeKush, 28 September 2016 - 11:52 AM.

#96 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

RAC/5 !!!

Who's with me?!

#97 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 28 September 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

RAC/5 !!!

Who's with me?!

New tech in MWO?

I would almost expect them to announce Transverse 2 before that happening.

#98 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

View PostLostdragon, on 28 September 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Wow, that is a silly thing to get your panties all wadded up about.

Unfortunately, people ***** about the silliest things. Some of it cultural. Some of it just to have an excuse to be angry and self righteous. While I am an atheist, I was raised in a Jewish household, and see nothing more in that than the Star of David with the ward against the Evil Eye. However, people are such delicate snowflakes that they'd get pissed at a white wall for being racially divisive. Posted Image

Fun fact, in many eastern societies, depictions of a skull are taboo. Yet that isn't a concern, here.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 September 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#99 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts

View PostReality Dysfunction, on 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

But thats me.

Thanks for the answer.

#100 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 September 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Without a revamp of the legacy prices.

Having the cut on all mech that are more than a year old would be a great way to make spending MC more interesting. It would not lower the revenues on the temporary exclusivity that new MechPack capitalise on. But man they have a hard time to sell mech they gave us a year ago(cda-3f and the likes).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users