41 replies to this topic

#21 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 September 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

To pass my criteria, the Assault Hero LRM Boat must be able to wield either 4xLRM15 with Artemis, or at least 6xLRM5s. Unfortunately, the Hero Warhawk can only field 3 missiles slots max, so it is not desirable to me.

I am just gonna wait for either the Longbow Hero, or the Blood Kite Hero, for the moment.

To be fair post ED update 4 ALRM15 will be no better than 3 ALRM20, due to huge huge LRM20 buff

But of course one of the missile slots is in center torso, so no space for LRM20

Edited by DovisKhan, 29 September 2016 - 10:29 PM.

#22 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 September 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

whoohoo!! Lets shell out 20$ for a paintjob!

Damn, and here I thought the normal camos were ripoffs.

Sucker born every day.

I would say no one is forced to buy them... And no one is forced to view this thread about them and call happy customers a sucker.

Edited by TrapJaw80, 29 September 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#23 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostWecx, on 29 September 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Well considering an AAA Title is like 60 bucks, and i think most of us have payed over 60 Bucks and we still don't have anything close to an AAA Title.

I mean not even PVE Content. PGI Has taken your money to design more mechs to take more of your money.

I've played AAA titles that suck balls. Biggest waste of $60 I ever spent. Not only that, I'm tired of playing the ones I do like after 60-90 hours. I've been playing this game for 3 years. Thats 400-500 hours a year of entertainment for about 10 bucks a month. I paid $60 for that POS Watchdogs and uninstalled after 3 hours. Throwing around "AAA title" is meaningless and has no bearing on the quality of the game.

Edited by The Potatoe Whisperer, 29 September 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#24 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostThe Potatoe Whisperer, on 29 September 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

I've played AAA titles that suck balls. Biggest waste of $60 I ever spent. Not only that, I'm tired of playing the ones I do like after 60-90 hours. I've been playing this game for 3 years. Thats 400-500 hours a year of entertainment for about 10 bucks a month. I paid $60 for that POS Watchdogs and uninstalled after 3 hours. Throwing around "AAA title" is meaningless and has no bearing on the quality of the game.

In my opinion, you have a point there.

#25 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

View PostThe Potatoe Whisperer, on 29 September 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

36 months at $10 a month is about $360 over the lifetime of your gameplay

$360/$60 (Price of AAA Title) is 6 years

You have been playing for 3 years, i think you need to rethink your facts by your own reasoning you paid 2x what you should have paid for your experience.

So basically MWO is worth $5 a month.

Edited by Wecx, 29 September 2016 - 11:43 PM.

#26 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostWecx, on 29 September 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

36 months at $10 a month is about $360 over the lifetime of your gameplay

$360/$60 (Price of AAA Title) is 6 years

You have been playing for 3 years, i think you need to rethink your facts by your own reasoning you paid 2x what you should have paid for your experience.

So basically MWO is worth $5 a month.

wut, do you even math, 360 dollars divided by 60 dollars = 6 years, how does one even arrive to that

What you meant by 360/60 is that he spent on MWO an equivalent of 6 AAA games

Or roughly AAA game per have a year

He said it himself he doesn't play a an AAA game more than 60-90h, so 75h average

meaning it's 6 X 75 = 450 h

He plays ~400-500 (average 450) a year of MWO

So this all comes down to:

1350 h vs 450 h

So he literally gets 3X his money worth playing MWO and spending 10 USD a month than he would instead playing AAA titles

Edited by DovisKhan, 30 September 2016 - 12:02 AM.

#27 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:18 AM

Sucker born every day.

$25 for an assault, if you buy all, they work out at $17.50 each, and you get a 'sidearm' standing cokpit item.

no reason to buy early.

I might get the lights I might not, the announcement, wasn't anything great

Edited by Cathy, 30 September 2016 - 12:21 AM.

#28 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

Sucker born every day.

War hawk Ala cart is 55 bucks, to get a hero+ 3mechs, and only way till now to get a war hawk with C-bill boosters.. Or you can buy 2 for c-bills then get one for 25 to save some grind. Now you also have the +30% bonus so in the end it can make you 20-40-100+ mill just in bonus money if you play it enough over the next many years..

So those normal people that can't afford to buy every pack, or even ala cart is a stretch, these heroes are great.. And before you say, just buy the kodiak for 20, it doesn't have a hero in that price package, and perhaps people don't wan't non-omni mechs.. Or maybe one of these is their favorite, but never could spare the cost of ala cart.

What ever it is..how exactly does that make people that buy them suckers?

But all this talk about pricing and AAA games, I guess no one played games when always online games cost 15 bucks a month... Though you can always wait a bunch of years for AAA games to be given away for free, like my copies of Witcher II, and Dragon age: origins. (though now i have two copies of DAO:, but that free witcher I & II were darn nice. I have also gotten sim city II, sims II, and a bunch of other very good games for free over the last few years and all i had to do was wait.. I guess all those folks that paid for um were suckers too.. /sarcasumOff

I'll never understand why people have such issues how others spend their gaming money.. Buy when it is reasonable/worth it to you.. Games are like vid cards.. I know people that buy vid cards for 600-700+ when they come out.. and every AAA game around.. I on the other hand wait a few years for most, and upgrade my comp when a good upgrade will cost me around 150 bucks,, which i do only once every 3-4+ years.

But good thing people do buy things at launch, cause if not.. things would never be any good, and most would never even see the light of day.. or get GOTY editions and what not.. When was the last time a game sold very poorly, got lots of DLC and then a GOTY edition? I can't think of a single one..

Edited by JC Daxion, 30 September 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 30 September 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

What ever it is..how exactly does that make people that buy them suckers?

But all this talk about pricing and AAA games, I guess no one played games when always online games cost 15 bucks a month...

did you see me talk AAA games? Nope.

Suckers? By doing what I spent 3 years doing, lubing the mech pack factory wheels. Because what you see now, is all you are ever going to see, as far as actual "content", so keep buying mechpacks and encouraging them to sit on the hamster wheel cranking out half baked "features" at best.

#30 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

Clown's Clan Hero Mech Reward Banquet
Best Camo Reward -> Stormcrow "Lacerator"
Best Addition to Chassis -> Kit Fox "Purifier"
Worst Addition to Chassis -> Adder "Cinder"
Worst Camo Reward -> Adder "Cinder"

If I had the money I would get:
Kit Fox "Purifier" - best addition to the kit fox chassis with 4 energy hard points in the side torsos
Stormcrow "Lacerator" - Best paint scheme
Nova "Breaker" - Another great paint scheme
Summoner "Pride" - Another great paint scheme

Honorable mention - > Dire Wolf "Ultraviolet"

#31 Lauren Bamlett

Texture Artist

• Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostThe Potatoe Whisperer, on 29 September 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

SOLD!! Nice paint job. Good job PGI! The art looks great and the cbill bonus will be nice too! Thanks team! Keep it up!

Thanks for the support guys, I had a blast working on the Clan Heroes.

#32 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostClownwarlord, on 30 September 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Worst Camo Reward -> Adder "Cinder"

OY. Adder Cinder's Camo is great. Certainly better than:

Nova "Breaker"- Boring
Timberwolf "Warrant"- Still boring
Dire Wolf "Ultraviolet"- Looks like something Luminaye dreamt up.

#33 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

whoohoo!! Lets shell out 20$ for a paintjob! Damn, and here I thought the normal camos were ripoffs. Sucker born every day.

Yeah this is how I kind of feel. I went over each of the mechs and the only one that I feel has any value is the Kit Fox. Adding 4 Energy to the Torso's will make that mech a monster. You will have the agility and size of a 30 ton chicken walker, with more firepower and cooling than some 50 tonners plus the capacity to mount ECM. Additionally at least 2 and likely all 4 of those Energy mounts in the torso are above the cockpit and we all know how powerful that can be.

As for the rest, aside from some inconsequential shifting of a few hardpoints on a few of them that you can't already recreate, all your getting is a fancy paint job and a 30% C-bill bonus for $10-$25.

I guess there might be real value for some people but only if you happen to absolutely love a specific chassis but didn't buy into the pre-order package that contained a 30% c-bill bonus variant.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 30 September 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#34 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 September 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

did you see me talk AAA games? Nope.

Suckers? By doing what I spent 3 years doing, lubing the mech pack factory wheels. Because what you see now, is all you are ever going to see, as far as actual "content", so keep buying mechpacks and encouraging them to sit on the hamster wheel cranking out half baked "features" at best.

I guess it was not obvious, that i was responding to you in the first part of my post...

THEN to the others talking about AAA games..

But All i can say is i enjoy the game, I like the new heroes, as i don't own many clan mechs at all.. In fact i only own 9 to this point, I would have bought at least 2 had i not just picked up Wave III.

I enjoy the new mechs, and i do like the game play and improvements they have made over the last year.. the fact that it is my most played game with over 1k hours over the last 3.5+ years, with CK II second at 700.. means i like it, with only playing a few other older games, or some cheap short games in that time. If spending a few bucks help keep the hamsters running, then i will do just that.

I'll happily keep playing MWO.. Looking forward to ED with hopefully improved balance, improved faction play, updated Terra, new skill tree, perhaps a new assault or other modes.. Yup.. Hamsters full steam ahead

Edited by JC Daxion, 30 September 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#35 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 September 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

As for the rest, aside from some inconsequential shifting of a few hardpoints on a few of them that you can't already recreate, all your getting is a fancy paint job and a 30% C-bill bonus for $10-$25.

I guess there might be real value for some people but only if you happen to absolutely love a specific chassis but didn't buy into the pre-order package that contained a 30% c-bill bonus variant.

You didn't need to pre-order to get the 30% bonus mechs.. You can buy any of the packages today and get that. But those packages are more expensive.. 55 ala cart, or paying 40-60-80-120 dollars+ for packages.. Instead you can take a short cut, buy a hero, and then get 2 c-bill mechs. now you have something to help you grind money, and perhaps something a bit unique in many cases. And saved some c-bills by buying a mech or two.

Basically till now, your only option for C-bill boosters clan side, was expensive packages.. Now you can do what i have done on IS side for years.. Buy a few heroes you like, to help you grind C-bills, then use those C-bills to add your other mechs to unlock skills. (basically a great bonus to the FTP players that don't spend a lot of money)

It's funny that these came out when they did.. I had been playing this game for years.. and my IS account i have bought heroes, and MC at the tune of around 125 bucks over the last 3 years.. I finally added a clan account when steam launched, and put 30 bucks in it. Now i just bought the wave III package, because of colors, and mechs i know i would like, and to get the +30% c-bill grinders to help me buy modules and stuff. and then dropped clan heroes.. But i choose the package due to the colors and faction camo.. But i see a timber hero in my future for sure..

So my working on 4 years of play has cost me about 60 bucks a year..which i'd call a great value for my time spent.

Edited by JC Daxion, 30 September 2016 - 05:02 PM.

#36 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostLauren Bamlett, on 30 September 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

the Adder looks incredible!

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostLauren Bamlett, on 30 September 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

just imagining what you could do with an Urbanmech Hero... especially one with a Police Paintjob (that oddly got applied to St Ives Blues....despite no "cop" fluff involved whatsoever.......)

View PostJC Daxion, on 30 September 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

I guess it was not obvious, that i was responding to you in the first part of my post...

THEN to the others talking about AAA games..

But All i can say is i enjoy the game, I like the new heroes, as i don't own many clan mechs at all.. In fact i only own 9 to this point, I would have bought at least 2 had i not just picked up Wave III.

I enjoy the new mechs, and i do like the game play and improvements they have made over the last year.. the fact that it is my most played game with over 1k hours over the last 3.5+ years, with CK II second at 700.. means i like it, with only playing a few other older games, or some cheap short games in that time. If spending a few bucks help keep the hamsters running, then i will do just that.

I'll happily keep playing MWO.. Looking forward to ED with hopefully improved balance, improved faction play, updated Terra, new skill tree, perhaps a new assault or other modes.. Yup.. Hamsters full steam ahead

And you are totally free to do as you like, enjoy what you like.

As I am free to be fed up with, and done with supporting the Hamster Wheel, and allowed to express my opinion on the matter.

#38 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 30 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

You didn't need to pre-order to get the 30% bonus mechs.. You can buy any of the packages today and get that. But those packages are more expensive.. 55 ala cart, or paying 40-60-80-120 dollars+ for packages.. Instead you can take a short cut, buy a hero, and then get 2 c-bill mechs. now you have something to help you grind money, and perhaps something a bit unique in many cases. And saved some c-bills by buying a mech or two.

Basically till now, your only option for C-bill boosters clan side, was expensive packages.. Now you can do what i have done on IS side for years.. Buy a few heroes you like, to help you grind C-bills, then use those C-bills to add your other mechs to unlock skills. (basically a great bonus to the FTP players that don't spend a lot of money)

It's funny that these came out when they did.. I had been playing this game for years.. and my IS account i have bought heroes, and MC at the tune of around 125 bucks over the last 3 years.. I finally added a clan account when steam launched, and put 30 bucks in it. Now i just bought the wave III package, because of colors, and mechs i know i would like, and to get the +30% c-bill grinders to help me buy modules and stuff. and then dropped clan heroes.. But i choose the package due to the colors and faction camo.. But i see a timber hero in my future for sure..

So my working on 4 years of play has cost me about 60 bucks a year..which i'd call a great value for my time spent.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to point out but kind of said it wrong. I already own many of the 30% c-bill primes so for me, without something unique like what the Kit Fox is getting, all I see is a big, huge waste of money and mostly disappointment but your right, for people who haven't already heavily invested in the clans, it is a fairly inexpensive way to get hold of a 30% c-bill bonus variant of your favorite clan mech. Looking at it from that perspective and in that situation, I would say the Stormcrow and the Timberwolf Heros were almost must have.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

wonder if you can get 2 uac10s and a gauss rifle on there.

#40 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

I like them camos. Quite unique. I were on the edge of getting the masakari, but pass. It does looks great though.
But the one that really sticks out for me is the Daishis. Like something taken from the universe itself and smacked onto that mech. Cant wait to play around with different colors.

Yeah I got myself that Uller and Daishi, I like em, got several brought with c-bill from before and Im comfortable with the chassis.
As whale as a daishi can be Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 01 October 2016 - 03:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users