Clan Heros, Pictures, Pricing, & Build Details!(Ps Concepts)!

31 replies to this topic

#21 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

Lol nah, just an observation yo

#22 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 30 September 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Lol nah, just an observation yo

I know, just pushing your buttons. I really don't care tbh.

I'm here to make jokes, be they crude or not, and point out some things the sea reveals that aren't pleasant.

#23 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

everyone knows the TW should have LRMS Posted Image

#24 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

Most of them are lame to be honest but the Kit Fox actually stands out.

For the Kit Fox, 4 Energy mounted high in the shoulders fixes the biggest issue that mech had, lack of firepower when it arms got blown off. I am thinking 4 ER Meds in the torsos, mount the ECM arm and go for ECM and a ER LL there for sniping/harrassing, then drop in the C pod left arm to mount 2 MGs for close in crit seeking. Plus you will be able to mount 16 DHS after all that to keep it all cool. Probably worth $10 for that.

I originally thought the Timby was a stand out too but after I thought about the fact it is over-engined which limits its pod space to about 28 tons I realized your not going to do much with that extra arm ballistic slot. About the best you can do is a dual AC/10, 3 ER ML build which you can already do with existing pods. I guess you might be able to shoehorn in a decent triple UAC/5 build in there as well which you can't currently do very well right now but that is it.

All the rest are just cool paint jobs with a 30% C-bill bonus.

#25 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostCK16, on 30 September 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

I originally glanced over them and yawned....But...Timberwolf Left Arm ballistic....I nabbed that instantly....mini Mk.II is my plan! (2xGR w/ missiles, and med lasers! :D) Debating the Warhawk...just for Ghost Bear sake. ..

Ack you already bought the Timby and you were expecting to mount GR's PLUS missiles and med lasers? Sorry to hear that. Timby has 28 tons of pod space unless you reduce armor drastically. Dual Gauss will take up 24 tons of that leaving a mere 4 tons for ammo which isn't enough in and of itself. Going to be zero weight left for pretty much anything else.

#26 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 30 September 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

well each of these Heros have 1 or more Unique OmniPods,
and the reason they seem more like Sidegrades rather than Upgrades is because they want to avoid P2W Crowd,
Edit- Spelling

But they didnt, KTF hero is straight up better then any other one. Granted its a light mech and $10 dollars but im tempted to buy it just so i can have the potential of one more decent clan light.

Maybe one day PGI will warrant my funds. MechCON gonna need more then a mech pack to keep this game going after the pretty much silence you have had leading up to it.

Mechcon better be the most amazing thing anyone of us have ever seen from this game or the rats are gonna start jumping soon me thinks.

#27 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 30 September 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

You'll have a long wait on your hands, Heroes will never be released for C-bills, nor will their pods.

I'm not sure why they didn't bother with pre-order bonuses. There's really no incentive to pre-order them. No bundles either. As a whole it's pretty underwhelming.

I have to admit having a 2nd ballistics arm for the SCR might be nice. I just wish it wasn't attached to a Hero.

Bundled with a Mech bay, which you don't get with current Heros.

#28 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Mechcon summary:

Mad Cat Mk II(G) announcement. Comes with gold crown standing item, gold gatling warhorn, gold bucket hanging item (with +5% C-Bill bonus on equipped mech), "King/Queen of the Inner Sphere" Exclusive titles and badges.

Mechcon bonus: Exclusive skin redeem code that can be applied to all mechs. Also, comes with Mechcon themed title/badge and 1,500 MC that will be injected. One code per account.

I can see the future!

Edited by N0ni, 30 September 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#29 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:09 PM

Wow, you can fit 2 ERPPCs in the Kitfox hero STs. Imagine it, ERPPCs where the MGs would be in the S variant, it will be probably be very hot and will probably have low DPS but it's an Adder with ECM that can Poptart. What's not to like? just keep them at near max range or stick with your assaults, use them as a portable wall then jumpjet over them to shoot. It's like a Shadowcat but at a lower weight class so that somebody else can bring a sturdier or more damaging medium. Will probably be very annoying at HPG because it's easier to hide in the wall, unlike the 2ERLL Arctic Cheetah with long burn time, it will be harder for enemies to spot you.

"http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=175&l=45f7d1a56c69c1693613e9b45a69243db8668cf4"

Edit: Referring to the Kitfox

Edited by NighthawK1337, 30 October 2016 - 02:09 AM.

#30 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 30 September 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

I originally thought the Timby was a stand out too but after I thought about the fact it is over-engined which limits its pod space to about 28 tons I realized your not going to do much with that extra arm ballistic slot. About the best you can do is a dual AC/10, 3 ER ML build which you can already do with existing pods. I guess you might be able to shoehorn in a decent triple UAC/5 build in there as well which you can't currently do very well right now but that is it.

Upon closer inspection, the Warrant has no CT energy slot. What a hunk of junk. >:l

#31 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:46 AM

A couple amazing looking mechs there.

#32 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

Whoopdeedoo....

There is no fluff text as to WHY these guys are Heroes. Is it so expensive to get a writer or hit up one of the many fanfic writers (FREE) to get a bit of fluff text or put thought into building up why these guys are so cool? Instead we have what is essentially a bulk mech pack dropped on us. Come on guys, don't call them Heroes if you're not willing to actually sell them to your customers.

Who is Vlad Ward? Some dude who chose not to have his mech without CT energy mount? Was he a space cop? What about Hunter Tseng in his Warhawk? Some Chinese action star who liked polar bears? Show us why these guys are so special and maybe we'd care a little more and actually have more desire to buy them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users