• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostMarck97, on 24 September 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

well...if I break some rules by disabling waters >.<
honestly, chances are no one will ever really notice, unless you consistently use it to your advantage, like always legging mechs in the water on crimson / forest colony, or you go posting gameplay vids to youtube

Edited by NARC BAIT, 24 September 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#62 Marck97

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 24 September 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

honestly, chances are no one will ever really notice, unless you consistently use it to your advantage, like always legging mechs in the water on crimson / forest colony, or you go posting gameplay vids to youtube

well i putted the user cfg but it doesnt seems to work properly..or atleast I didnt noticed that much, water doesnt have reflection. The only good thing is that I dont have fps drops in these map. can I ask something about cpu usage? How can I enable the game to use more cpu ?
between tnx anyway for ur help and effort narc and everyone of the community that contribuited to help other!

#63 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

I pasted the whole thing from page. Everything was ugly. FPS was pinned to 60. Reverted. My machine has enough grunt to power through. 40fps when it dips but acceptable. I don't see where you guys are getting these super high frames from? My system is no slouch.

Edited by HammerMaster, 30 September 2018 - 02:23 PM.

#64 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

Lots of the info here is for those players generally playing on low end systems, or having issues of one sort or another. Even on high end machines, FPS can and does dip to 50 FPS. And for some, like myself, my head aches after awhile of FPS dropping from 150 to 50/60 fps, so I have sent max FPS to ensure a steadier FPS throughout the game.

Marck97, ensure that system power options are set to High Performance. Also ensure dust build up has been cleared of heatsinks to prevent heat throttling. Also post your system specs. Also indicate if tis a mfg built w/brand model.

#65 Marck97

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:29 PM

ok, first sorry for my poor english and thereafter I have a gaming laptop with win10, the brand is hp ( it's an omen laptop 17 an0xx).
I have an i7 7700 HQ , nvidia 1050 ti with 4 gb of ram dedicated as GPU, 16 gb of ram and mwo is installed on SSD. About heatsinks and stuff like this,well the laptop have less than 3 weeks of time and there isnt any sign of dust settled in. About GPU or CPU thermal throttling, The laptop doesnt get so much hot and I Dont play more than an hour straight,so it wont get his temperature raised too much but I can test it if needed. About system setted to highperformance, i setted it to high to every hardwere device so when the laptop is plugged to the AC adaptors it run to full power.
I dont know,this device should run mwo with a steady 60 fps even on low resolution and It shouldnt have fps issue problems like random fps drops ( I played yesterday and sometimes the game spiked when i shoot) or 40 fps like with maps with water; Atm I am playing with everything on low but these problems still persists.
hope that all these informations are enough, if u need somethin more just ask , I want to figure out how to make mwo run better and smoother !

#66 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

View PostMarck97, on 01 October 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

ok, first sorry for my poor english and thereafter I have a gaming laptop with win10, the brand is hp ( it's an omen laptop 17 an0xx).
I have an i7 7700 HQ , nvidia 1050 ti with 4 gb of ram dedicated as GPU, 16 gb of ram and mwo is installed on SSD. About heatsinks and stuff like this,well the laptop have less than 3 weeks of time and there isnt any sign of dust settled in. About GPU or CPU thermal throttling, The laptop doesnt get so much hot and I Dont play more than an hour straight,so it wont get his temperature raised too much but I can test it if needed. About system setted to highperformance, i setted it to high to every hardwere device so when the laptop is plugged to the AC adaptors it run to full power.
I dont know,this device should run mwo with a steady 60 fps even on low resolution and It shouldnt have fps issue problems like random fps drops ( I played yesterday and sometimes the game spiked when i shoot) or 40 fps like with maps with water; Atm I am playing with everything on low but these problems still persists.
hope that all these informations are enough, if u need somethin more just ask , I want to figure out how to make mwo run better and smoother !

You sure MWO runs with your GPU?
I have fps drop on every setting, max seting @ 1080p fps 90 drop to 60 at times, low setting fps 160 drops to 100 at times.

#67 Marck97

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 02 October 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

You sure MWO runs with your GPU?
I have fps drop on every setting, max seting @ 1080p fps 90 drop to 60 at times, low setting fps 160 drops to 100 at times.

Damn I never thought about this, but I hear both the cpu and gpu fans spinning and push air, so I think that the GPU used is the nvidia one. I will test it just to be sure !

#68 Marck97

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Already tested, the games run on the Nvidia GPU, so it isnt the problem

#69 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

Always check the System, Power Options settings and the Nvidia Power Management settings. They have been known to be reset to default after a system update.

And when you said low setting, is Antialiasing set to OFF?

One thing to consider with the user.cfg is to check the sys_MaxFPS and set it to 60 first. There is no reason to have GPU run at max FPS then due to heat, ie even hitting heat threshold for a sec or two can cause the system to underclock to allow it to cool down. It does not take minutes/hours for that to happen.

Also, the fans may not be coming on/ramping up early enough.

https://support.hp.c...ument/c04492013

fn + f Turns the computer fans on maximum speed. If the keyboard shortcuts are enabled, this will allow you to turn fans on max speed. while playing.

#70 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:13 AM

View PostMarck97, on 02 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Already tested, the games run on the Nvidia GPU, so it isnt the problem

Check your drivers. Make sure to use GPU drivers directly from HP support (for your laptop) not just the generic driver package from nvidia.
Open resource monitor (resmon.exe from cortana) and see if anything is eating up your system's resources.
Open control panel ( launch control panel from cortana) and see if anything isn't properly installed via device manager.
Check power management, disable energy saving etc.
check nvidia control panel.

#71 Marck97

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 03 October 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Check your drivers. Make sure to use GPU drivers directly from HP support (for your laptop) not just the generic driver package from nvidia.
Open resource monitor (resmon.exe from cortana) and see if anything is eating up your system's resources.
Open control panel ( launch control panel from cortana) and see if anything isn't properly installed via device manager.
Check power management, disable energy saving etc.
check nvidia control panel.

Man the nvidia pannel was the key! I set everythin on performance instead of quality and the game now performs REALLY BETTER! I will try now to increase graphic resolution and every other parameter each time and get the most out of this device. Really Tnx to everyone!!

#72 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostMarck97, on 03 October 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

Man the nvidia pannel was the key! I set everythin on performance instead of quality and the game now performs REALLY BETTER! I will try now to increase graphic resolution and every other parameter each time and get the most out of this device. Really Tnx to everyone!!

Nice, there should be an option to let the application (mwo) decide the quality level. I'd use that.
Might try to stick with the native resolution of your laptops display since scaling usualy takes up more performance.

Someone who's actually using nvidia might help you better, i'm a filthy amd user. ;)

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 03 October 2018 - 07:59 AM.

#73 Channu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

First thanks to Narc Bait for the user.cfg he provided.

My problem:
I had an issue with micro stuttering after the map was loaded and they even appeared in the middle of the game. In my opinion it has something to do with texture streaming.

I still haven't figured out was the main reason is but disabling r_TexturesWarmup ("r_TexturesWarmup = 0") helped a lot with the issue!

Has anyone of you experienced micro-stutters during the game too and did you solve the issue completely?

edit: grammar

Edited by Channu, 29 December 2018 - 08:38 AM.

#74 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

The stutters can be :
- too many small vegetations, like on the borders of solaris city
- some specific animated panels, like in solaris city
- shader activation during the match
- particles shadows (set shadows on high or lower)
- too many drawcalls (specific shaders, multiple textures (not the size), specific game effects etc). Often the case when stuttering and CPU/GPU are not maxed.

And of course CPU or GPU usage maxed.
If you see small stutters for 1-2s, it's probably shaders activation. You can try r_ShadersAsyncActivation=1

I've spent a few weeks testing and reading cryengine docs/code. I'm writing a guide but it's very time consuming Posted Image

Edited by MrVaad, 29 December 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#75 Channu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 29 December 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

The stutters can be :
- too many small vegetations, like on the borders of solaris city
- some specific animated panels, like in solaris city
- shader activation during the match
- particles shadows (set shadows on high or lower)
- too many drawcalls (specific shaders, multiple textures (not the size), specific game effects etc). Often the case when stuttering and CPU/GPU are not maxed.

And of course CPU or GPU usage maxed.
If you see small stutters for 1-2s, it's probably shaders activation. You can try r_ShadersAsyncActivation=1

I've spent a few weeks testing and reading cryengine docs/code. I'm writing a guide but it's very time consuming Posted Image

Unfortunately if you change r_ShadersAsyncActivation to 1, it'll cause you a crash at startup.

I'll play around with other settings you'll mentioned and report back as soon I've discovered a solution.

Edited by Channu, 30 December 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#76 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:26 AM

Ok so you need the complete solution (involves emptying the cache files and a few more variables).
I have run my settings with steam and the standalone client.

I'll probably post my guide next week (hopefully :)

#77 Channu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostMrVaad, on 30 December 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Ok so you need the complete solution (involves emptying the cache files and a few more variables).
I have run my settings with steam and the standalone client.

I'll probably post my guide next week (hopefully Posted Image

Thanks in advance

#78 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

well i hope it will solve your problem but no guarantee Posted Image

#79 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

I managed to improve some FPS with those user.cfg commands, running at 50 - 60 FPS now, great! Thank you!
Did not use all of them though, mostly those who make my Ryzen use all cores.

Water still kills my FPS. What commands do you recommend to improve FPS on Crimson, Forest, River so that water still looks somehwhat decent?

#80 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

For water you can try :

r_WaterReflectionsQuality=0
0: terrain only, 1: terrain+particles, 2: terrain+particles+brushes, 3:everything 4/5 apply blur effect for reflection
At 0, the sun still reflects in the water and you should gain some GPU usage and lower GPU drawcalls.

You can also lower the tesselation:
e_WaterTessellationAmountX = 10
e_WaterTessellationAmountY = 10

And you can try to disable (unless you are already on the lowest setting for ENVIRONMENT)
r_WaterTessellationHW=0
e_WaterOceanFFT=0
r_WaterCaustics=0

There's more but those should be enough
Start with r_WaterReflectionsQuality, it should give the biggest improvement.

Edited by MrVaad, 02 January 2019 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users