Anyone know if they are still adding beta testers?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ok Flame Suit on hehe

I am in a Catch 22 situation.

I am very interested in MWO, I am also very intersted in a Founders Pack. However I am also very fricken broke so while I know Beta testing is for testing (Pretty hard core tester actually with litterally thousands of feedback posts during other betas), I really am in a try before I buy situation, hence, anyone know if there is still any hope of getting a beta invite this late in the game? Or....any word on a preview weekend/open beta opportunity WHILE founders packs are still available?

Thanks for the input and got a couple of fire extinguishers for all the people going to tell me Founder's Packs are about faith in the game or Beta shouldn't be considered try before you buy (read my notes about my beta experience by the way before you make that remark though hehe).

#2 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm getting tired of these threads. I wish I was a mod so I could sweep them away with a broom or something.

1) Go to the announcement index.
2) Look at the very first thread.

#3 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Short answer: No.

Not-Short Answer: If you're not a founder, you are not getting a Beta Key before things go open beta.

Not sure what makes you different in that you are "really" in a try before you buy situation...

I'm not rich either.. I've not upgraded my PC for 4 or 5 years.. We're not getting Aussie servers on release.. and so on and so forth. And yes, it really is about having faith in the product.

#4 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Sorry, only founders get into the beta at the moment. This will take at least until the end of july, max. until August 7th.

If and when non-founders get in after that is unclear, as well as how long the founders packs will still be avaiable.

Edited by Faenwulf, 19 July 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#5 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

They said they were aiming to get some Europe located servers for release. I don't know how good that is for Australia but I think it's much better than a US server.

#6 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBluten, on 19 July 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

They said they were aiming to get some Europe located servers for release. I don't know how good that is for Australia but I think it's much better than a US server.

Nah.. worse actually. EU is in the wrong direction as far as routes are concerned. West Coast US would be the best we could hope for.

Generally speaking, we can get around 180 to 250ms to the US.. but EU is generally around the 350 to 450ms mark.

#7 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

View Postlight487, on 19 July 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Nah.. worse actually. EU is in the wrong direction as far as routes are concerned. West Coast US would be the best we could hope for.

Generally speaking, we can get around 180 to 250ms to the US.. but EU is generally around the 350 to 450ms mark.

I didn't know all that but you might luck up because US is a huge country with a huge video gamer base and they might have some US West servers. If this game is popular enough I don't see why they'd not have 2 regions for the US. Many games do.

But those MS numbers are harsh. I'm used to 40 on WoW and 70 on League of Legends. Just being over 100 I notice the delay and don't like it. But I have a high speed consumer cable connection so that might be a factor too.(12mbs/d and 200kbs/u)

Edited by Bluten, 19 July 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#8 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yup.. so next time you see an Aussie Founder.. you know that this doubt was in their mind when they still put down their hard earned without knowing if the game is even going to be playable.. :) hehe..

I play WoT at roughly 200 to 250ms and it is not really a problem.. though FPS games, like Planetside for instance, are a bit of a joke most of the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users