Did Campaign And Unreal Engine 4 Just Get Announced Silently?

Social

248 replies to this topic

#81 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 October 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO would disagree

All of which are major E-Sports games with huge publishers backing them up and huge prize pools, and the devs have a TON of experience under their belts. PGI has none of that.

#82 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Star Citizens ETA: anytime now

And yet, a more complete product already

It has PVP
PVE
CTF
FPS and ship combat...but FPS is suffering (until Star Marine comes along)

They even have quests...but Squadron 42 will have 1/3 pf a campaign...Soon™ (ETA was late 2016, but likely delayed)

Say what you want about SC, but it exceeded MWO's level of content a long time ago.

#83 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 October 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

League of Legends, Dota 2 and CS:GO would disagree

Ummm all those games have A.I matches aka bots and basically a form of "learning" at you own pace.

Sure they don't have story but don't they release each hero with a story? Also is their demographic 30-50 year olds?

Edited by Imperius, 01 October 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#84 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

It has PVP
PVE
CTF

They even have quests...but Squadron 42 will have 1/3 pf a campaign...Soon™ (ETA was late 2016, but likely delayed)

Say what you want about SC, but it exceeded MWO's level of content a long time ago.

Posted Image

#85 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

The White Knight falters

#86 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

The White Knight falters

you know the people that call others "white knights" have view specific goggles on. you should take them off.

#87 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

It has PVP
PVE
CTF

I know you're not saying I bashed SC. I just want to be clear on my point.

Even with a huge team CryEngine is holding Star Citizen back.

#88 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:44 PM

Until they actually release SC, it's hard to criticize them.

Delays are better than what we have here.

Granted, there is a limit to delays. You can't make people wait too long.

Spore comes to mind.

Duke Nukem Forever comes to mind.

O.O

Hey, wait a minute...

#89 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

you know the people that call others "white knights" have view specific goggles on. you should take them off.

No, the question you should ask is:
"Why haven't they done as much?"

Which can be explained by the small team, management issues and only having a few million dollars.

Then I ask:
"Why haven't they done Super Simple Things™?"
Because they don't want to.

"Why don't they want to do Super Simple Things?"

To that, you'd need to ask them. It's a very good question, for which we've never gotten an answer.

Keep your blinders on, because you are one of the most bias individuals you'll find around here. On par with Gyrok and JohnnyZ

View PostImperius, on 01 October 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

I know you're not saying I bashed SC. I just want to be clear on my point.

Even with a huge team CryEngine is holding Star Citizen back.

And the team
They've had to throw out almost everything they've done on many things, such as Star Marine
They had a functional item at one point...but it couldn't mesh with the rest of the game, thus everything will need to be converted.

#90 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Which can be explained by the small team, management issues and only having a few million dollars.

Then I ask:

To that, you'd need to ask them. It's a very good question, for which we've never gotten an answer.

Keep your blinders on, because you are one of the most bias individuals you'll find around here. On par with Gyrok and JohnnyZ

why don't you name some things instead of giving me a vague super simple things. Stop dancing like you always do.

For the record since you don't care about anything other than your own words, i have been critical of the FP decision of consolidating buckets. You don't care though, becuase I need to act in way you approve or get called a white knight. What are you like 10 years old?

This is mcgrals world Posted Image

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 01 October 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#91 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

why don't you name some things instead of giving me a vague super simple things. Stop dancing like you always do

Because I've said them a dozen times already

• MG CoF adjustement
  • MG Damage adjustment
  • isSL buffs
  • isXL engine changes
  • STD engine buffs
  • Quirks for shite robots
  • Removal of quirks for God Tier Robots

Now, not everyone will agree with all of those, but this one, no one can argue against:
  • Iterative Balance changes
Now, ask yourself:
"Why don't these happen?"

We didn't get them when we had 2-3 patches a month, and we don't get them when we have one patch a month.

We get maybe 6 balance changes a year...which should probably happen in a single patch cycle.
Small changes to the top and bottom performers, to even the ground. Quirk, weapon, map (spawn and such) changes to improve the game.

"Because they don't want do" needs to be explained. Why don't they want to? Because we've spited them?

And don't respond with an attack or a goal post. Attack the question.

#92 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Then I ask:

And the team
They've had to throw out almost everything they've done on many things, such as Star Marine
They had a functional item at one point...but it couldn't mesh with the rest of the game, thus everything will need to be converted.

Yup it's quite sad and unfortunate. I heard there was a scale issue too. Pilots were like giants to the ships or something like that.

I'm not dusting off my armor and getting out the polish yet. I really never was a white knight, I did fight plenty with some bad leadership decisions.

I guess I'll summarize PGI like this.

PGI is a team with many talented individuals that are sadly limited and/or held back by some (not all) of the poor decisions made by the leadership.

I am going to MechCon I have my vacation time set, MechCon ticket, hotel reservation, plane ticket, and my passport appointment on Monday. Everything is all set to go. I'm hoping this big reveal is actually big. I do have my doubts though after 4 years of let downs.

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

Because I've said them a dozen times already

• MG CoF adjustement
  • MG Damage adjustment
  • isSL buffs
  • isXL engine changes
  • STD engine buffs
  • Quirks for shite robots
  • Removal of quirks for God Tier Robots

Now, not everyone will agree with all of those, but this one, no one can argue against:
Now, ask yourself:

We didn't get them when we had 2-3 patches a month, and we don't get them when we have one patch a month.

We get maybe 6 balance changes a year...which should probably happen in a single patch cycle.
Small changes to the top and bottom performers, to even the ground. Quirk, weapon, map (spawn and such) changes to improve the game.

"Because they don't want do" needs to be explained. Why don't they want to? Because we've spited them?

And don't respond with an attack or a goal post. Attack the question.

He comes the famous BW rebuttal.

They have said why you just didn't want to read it.
The burden of proof falls on you to find it.
...and go go

#93 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Imperius, you are trying waaayyy too hard here. You don't have to convince us that every game without PvE or single-player is a disaster, in order to convince people that it would be a good thing for MWO. That's going to put you in a tough position, given that the video game life is mostly known for MP successes like Halo, CS, and BF.

Nobody's arguing that PvE and co-op would be great for the game.

#94 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

For the record since you don't care about anything other than your own words.... What are you like 10 years old?

#95 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

Well, depends on what you mean by that. I consider the changes they are currently doing on the PTS to be interactive. They are happening at this moment. They have been balancing things according to user feedback. Maybe not your feedback, or buddies feedback only but they have. Now, you can choose to ignore that fact, but it's happening. So i don't understand how your complaint is something they are currently doing.

Now, ask yourself:

I don't know what you are looking for.

I rather them do what they are doing now and putting the test server to good use, like people have suggested. So they balance the weapons now, and they have already gone through 5 iterations of ED balanced with weapon changes. What you suggested is exactly what they have been doing and it hasn't worked. Just looking at the top and bottom performance weapons tells us nothing. It fixed nothing. At the same time Instead of 6 balance changes a year we get it right in the PTS.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 01 October 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#96 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

if your gonna quote me every time I quote him, so he can see my quote. Well this is gonna get crazy. Guy couldn't handle a strong argument so he gave up and blocked me. Can't blame him. Not many people can.

Seriously guy, stop doing that.

You're the most biased person right now in this forum. You don't accept anything outside your thoughts, with your "logic reasoning" ruling over the rest of the world. And the way you put on airs...

And you know what? From outside your rainbow cloud, all your "logical reasons" and crushing arguments are just plain ********.

Grow up.

#97 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Well, depends on what you mean by that. I consider the changes they are currently doing on the PTS to be interactive. They are happening at this moment. They have been balancing things according to user feedback. Maybe not your feedback, or buddies feedback only but they have. Now, you can choose to ignore that fact, but it's happening. So i don't understand how your complaint is something they are currently doing.

I don't know what you are looking for.

I rather them do what they are doing now and putting the test server to good use, like people have suggested. So they balance the weapons now, and they have already gone through 5 iterations of ED balanced with weapon changes. What you suggested is exactly what they have been doing and it hasn't worked. Just looking at the top and bottom performance weapons tells us nothing. It fixed nothing. At the same time Instead of 6 balance changes a year we get it right in the PTS.

Feedback which is mostly negative.

They've made Clams excessively powerful in edPTS5, due to making the cERLL not shite (a positive change, but far too far), while gimping LPLs of both factions, killing the LL, nerfing most of the already bad weapons (isSLs)

Then there's the fact that all lasers have the same 90% ED modifier...where it's obvious shorter range lasers should be closer to 70%, and the ERLL could stand to be 100% (for Clams, at least)

But, testing is good...it just so happens some of the things they tested were pants on head WTF towards the end of the PTS cycle
Not all negative, though.

As for the PTS, there is no data.
You get 20 people, max, in a server and shoot them for a couple hours. That is nothing compared to the data on the live server, with weapon stats which are unfortunate victims of the Pants on Head changes.
You need the live server to get proper data, or you need a PTS event to get population

4 VS 4 is not accurate data

Edited by Mcgral18, 01 October 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#98 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostOberost, on 01 October 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Seriously guy, stop doing that.

You're the most biased person right now in this forum. You don't accept anything outside your thoughts, with your "logic reasoning" ruling over the rest of the world. And the way you put on airs...

And you know what? From outside your rainbow cloud, all your "logical reasons" and crushing arguments are just plain ********.

Grow up.

Posted Image

Don't bother. It's not worth it. Just laugh at him and go on.

#99 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 October 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Feedback which is mostly negative.

sorry dude, but now your just lying.

I was even with you when We were in the PTS together, and the feedback definitely was not mostly negative. You know that, you know what you stated was not correct.

View PostRestosIII, on 01 October 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Don't bother. It's not worth it. Just laugh at him and go on.

says the guy who's arguments were so weak my little brother could break them.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 01 October 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#100 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 October 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

sorry dude, but now your just lying.

I was even with you when We were in the PTS together, and the feedback definitely was not mostly negative. You know that, you know what you stated was not correct

We remember different things

Heck, I have that one match recorded, without my "negative" voice over.

Edited by Mcgral18, 01 October 2016 - 02:38 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users