#41 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 August 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Crits to tonnage. If you go with the MK1, you end up, at best, around 49.6ish tons and nothing to fill the tonnage that you can realistically use, or else you end up with 1 crit and 1 ton by making that a MK1, and either take an extra, totally unnecessary, extra ton of ammo, or slap in another ERSLas in that arm, but it already runs hot enough as is, and doesn't need the extra heatload. The AP is great for countering ECM, such as found on Grifs in CW Scouting. The MK2 also boosts the range of the ERSLas a little farther, plus increases your crit chance across the board. Even further, AP + MK2 means you get damage readouts extremely quickly. Makes it that much easier to isolate weakspots on a targeted enemy mech.

Yesterday evening I opted for 4 Small Pulse laser instead of the MK2 and AP to complete the medium challenge. Previously I tried the "stock" build with 4 Streak but it didn't work well, cooldowns for streak is too high IMHO and Huntsman is too slow to be a real light hunter.
With the 4 ASRMs build instead the Pakhet is a beast, it wreaks havoc.
Very solid mech to play, thanks for sharing.

#42 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 06 August 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Yesterday evening I opted for 4 Small Pulse laser instead of the MK2 and AP to complete the medium challenge. Previously I tried the "stock" build with 4 Streak but it didn't work well, cooldowns for streak is too high IMHO and Huntsman is too slow to be a real light hunter.
With the 4 ASRMs build instead the Pakhet is a beast, it wreaks havoc.
Very solid mech to play, thanks for sharing.

No prob. Originally, it DID have 4 SPLas, and 15 DHS. However, they do less damage at twice the weight and half the range of ERSLas now, so... It used to be a stupid 72 point alpha. Now it's still a stupid 68 point alpha. XD

#43 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

I normally do not like LRM boats, but i did exactly that with the huntsman for some reason, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d123f74b2e36d1a

60x LRM (6 tons of ammo), 4x C-ER-SML Laser

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users