Is Streaks, Still Need Love

15 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:17 PM

IS streaks.. these seamed to have missed any kind of tweak.. could we please get a small buff in them? My suggestion is a reduction in cool down, to put the DPS on par with the clan SRM4's or 6's..

So a IS Streak 2, would do the same damage as a Streak 4 or 6 over the 4-6 seconds for example, But would not have the Alpha strikes that the clan Streaks do.

Right now they are 3.5 cool down, I'd suggest a 2-2.5 cool down,, Or at the very least maybe 2.75.. they really do need a bit of love. Increase heat a slight amount to compensate.

#2 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

Good general much needed suggestion,
but I think PGI is trying to keep individual weapons similar and buff/nerf how groups of weapons work (including changes to individual weapons that are too strong/weak in this area).

#3 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:01 AM

SO you want rediculously OPes streak boats for IS too?
Not IS streak need buff but Clan 6SSRM need severe penatly.

#4 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

You can buff IS streaks and you can nerf clan streaks. Both are valid options and are not exclusive to each other.

Edited by Livaria, 05 October 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#5 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Heres the thing, IS needs streak 6, because streak 2 is bacically an underpowered and under-ranged lrm5. It does 4 damage, and goes as far as a normal srm, except it cant be fired, period, if your ecm jammed. Having the option of s-srm 4 and 6 ingame would give them a purpose, even if they have to be nerfed to keep the cheeta pilots happy. Right now i dont even consider them an option in my IS mechs.

#6 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

I think, the only thing that needs to change is to have ECM as soft-counter instead of 100% unable to lock.
I still hope we can get the Info-Warfare-PTS3 into the life game soon with all the nice Radar and ECM changes.

#7 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

ECM Isn't even that good anymore. Players can target ECM carriers from a certain distance with normal sensors.

Edited by Livaria, 07 October 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#8 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostLivaria, on 07 October 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

ECM Isn't even that good anymore. Players can target ECM carriers from a certain distance with normal sensors.

Thats was always the case, only ranges were changed.
E.g. Lock range is reduced to 1/4th, so 200m instead of 800 (or 250m with target range module)
And ECM was reduced from 180m to 90m, so instead of having 20m (70m) now we have 110m (160m) range where we can target and lock someone with ECM.

Decent for fast Streak builds, but useles for LRMs.

I prefere the InfoWar-PTS3 with softlock and chassis-dependent radar ranges/signaturs.
At least you are not on/off screwed if someone has ECM AND the scouting is actually more fun/existent.

#9 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostLennStar, on 04 October 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

Idk.
I didn't use streaks much before (because mainly IS), but after buying a TBR-D tried 4xSSRM6 on him. They are kinda special with their increased range, poptarting and anti-light uses compared to regular SRMs. But after several matches I changed them to SRM6s for way better effectivity due to DPS/Cooldown and ECM-independence. Simple as that.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostLennStar, on 04 October 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

*I don't think a small buff to streaks is going to turn them into OP weapons.. Can i ask when was the last time you actually saw IS streaks loaded up on any mech and worried? (i play a lot of lights too) the only thing i worry about are the 4-8 SRM6 clan streak boats.

The problem with Clan 6's is not the 6's... It is the ability to boat to many.. though even 3 hit pretty hard, but then again so do 3 SRM's..

For clan 6's, I would shorten the range and make um shorter than IS streaks, I know clans generally run hotter and have longer range, but in this case i think a better balance would be, larger strikes, and a 250 range limit.

then up the DPS on the IS streaks a bit.

View PostChuck Jager, on 03 October 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Good general much needed suggestion,
but I think PGI is trying to keep individual weapons similar and buff/nerf how groups of weapons work (including changes to individual weapons that are too strong/weak in this area).

I know, but they have been tweaking heat, damage, recharge, range so this goes along with that..

#11 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

Decent for fast Streak builds, but useles for LRMs.

Well that's it then. Unless if we want to bring LRM's into the conversation. My point is that ECM doesn't have to be that much of a concern for Streaks.

Edited by Livaria, 08 October 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#12 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostLivaria, on 08 October 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

Well that's it then. Unless if we want to bring LRM's into the conversation. My point is that ECM doesn't have to be that much of a concern for Streaks.

Unless you are fighting more than 1vs1 with multiple ECMs and you need to bring enough ECM/BAP to counter everyone. Arms-Race again for bringing superior numbers of counters close enough to give all your streak boats the ability to even lock on.

#13 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:21 AM

It's true and perhaps it is a valid concern but I'll ask two questions.
How often does that scenario happen?
And how easy is it to remain in a 90 meter distance formation through an entire match?

It's a question you will have to answer with perception more-so than truth unfortunately.

Edited by Livaria, 09 October 2016 - 01:24 AM.

#14 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:43 AM

What we NEED in that category are IS Streak 4 and Streak 6.

And we need the other 3056 weapon systems, such as blazers, ER medium and ER small lasers, the field-inhibitor disable for PPCs, rotary autocannon, and MRMs.

But we will not get those.

#15 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

I disagree. There has to be weapon balance, which means that every weapon needs it's niche. Even SSRM2s.
Discussing "future" weapons may be viable for buffing IS Mechs overall, but not when it means letting underpowered weapons stay useless.

#16 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

- Not so much IS mech can use more than 3-4 SSRM2 (Archer is exception). Make cooldown 3-2.7s could bring that weapon back to scene for light and medium mech of IS. Also - make them same range as Clan also can be nice with difference in 10-20m maybe.

Edited by Tiantara, 09 October 2016 - 10:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users