Reinventing The Wheel

3 replies to this topic

#1 Egg Fu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

Not sure why if they want us to live longer they couldn't have just increased armor globally and increased ammo per ton to compensate? You know - keep it simple?

Why do things have to be so complicated now? Are many of you old timers so bored with the game that you've moved your focus, energy and efforts towards influencing the creation of a new game? Half the fun is in game creation and character builds.

To be honest this whole ED thing has been stressing me out to the point of reducing my playing time. Once it's all said and done ( ED goes live ) I guess I'll trash old favorite mechs and move to the new OP meta builds. However something tells me there's going to be even less diversity in builds and mech selections with the manifestation of ED. Everyone running PPC builds? Hope I'm wrong!

#2 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:21 AM

Nah dude thats what im scared about....tha builds population....weapons population....and fun gaming....im not power creep....but if they nerf all and dont give an option to fire Alpha....blah i think this time they do the most not good move.....of all the time

Edited by Leopardo, 06 October 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#3 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, the concept idea that was put forth for ED was pretty simple. The end result we are getting is much more complex.

I understood this as a way to restrict alpha and affect weapons relatively equally. From what I cant see, now it doesn't.

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostBrandarr Gunnarson, on 06 October 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Yeah, the concept idea that was put forth for ED was pretty simple. The end result we are getting is much more complex.

I understood this as a way to restrict alpha and affect weapons relatively equally. From what I cant see, now it doesn't.

I don't think that this is complex/complicated at all:

PTS5 base values:
-----------------------------------
Energy pool = 30

Multiplier Dmg/Draw =
1.0 for isAC and PPCs and Large Lasers
0,75 for Spread (SRM, LRM, LBX),
0.9 for all other Lasers

Multiplier for penalty = 1.4 over the 30 limit for all weapons

Just because the weapon types have different values, you find this complicated?
Everything is roughly 1 energy per damage with Beam/Spread having some reductions because of the spreading of damage being (a bit) less deadly.

Sure we could live with 1.0 for all weapons, but then nobody would use spread weapons and definitely not mixed builds.
With these values, mixed builds (spread and non-spread) are much closer to boated PPFDL weapons (AC, PPC) and Laser boats because they use less energy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users