#21 Nephologist

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

hmmm...th only house with lower population is....Marik? yet most of Liao doesn't play FP until the weekend. TCAF is basically defunc. So now EU Liao left except for SHZ....

Maybe a Faction Play event that isn't IS vs Clan could happen to bring the fun back out.

This.

Fri, Sat and possibly Sun evenings NA timezone are probably the best times to see some organized Liao CW presence.

#22 -PUSH-

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOver yonder

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

ghost dropping isn't fun. then we need to tell our war stories over and over again. They arent as interesting without copious amounts of alcohol. Then we finally get a real drop and in stead of shooting the filthy clanners we get alphaed by "blue-on-blue". Not naming any names but something that rimes with flash and virgo comes to mind! ;-) :-P

#23 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

OK..so Marik swung the vote to Davion and opened Remulac... Liao also turned this way.. let's get it on !!

#24 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

Voting for attacks and actually attacking are 2 different things.

#25 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

I know but at least the lanes are open to do so...beats having them pointed at clans and doing nothing anyway.

#26 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

If you want to collect all the pokemechs and kit them out with modules you need to do a lot of cbill farming. In CW that means you go after the targets that are weak enough so you can kill 48 mechs every match for the cbills. There is no meaningful reward, other than ego, for close matches since you'd make more cbills, at a more predictable pace, in solo queue if you lose a bunch of your CW matches. I've seen people do this over and over and over again: 9 matches farming, one competitive match after which they change planet.

It's the way MWO and CW are designed in terms of how easy it is to avoid strong opposition and how poorly you're paid when you do go up against a strong team.

It's not anybody's fault for using the optimal strategy given how MWO and CW are designed. The design needs to be fixed. The 2-bucket (it's not one bucket people; if one side, e.g. IS, is bigger in population, then IS pilots will have to wait in the queue in the 2-bucket system unless they add overflow IS-vs-IS matches) won't fix the problem either. But they may introduce a matchmaker or give better rewards for fighting close, competitive games, rather than only rewarding roflstomps.

#27 ghostnial9

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

Just so you know Marik stopped attacking Liao due to non stop ghost drops and them not responding to us taking two planets. I wouldn't waste your time ghost dropping like we did and hoping for a fight against Liao.

#28 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

We are up for that.
I Know the Headhunters will come out to fight us
Drop by the FWLM TS at HouseMarik.Enjinvoice.Com and we will pony up .

#29 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostAylward, on 17 October 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

So, everyone has grown tired of the clan pug farming machine (except the farmers, of course).. Meanwhile All of the IS fronts are dormant. With nothing to look forward to in the future right now, other than the one big bucket which will probably only pour one way, the people that are left (that haven't left like the droves that have after podcast 145) are still looking for some action and a change of pace from a wall of Kodiaks and streakcrows.

I've seen some recent failed attempts by Liao and Marik to re-engage down here, and Davion has come to join that party. Our vote is swung and locked in on the liao border (because we cant attack from one of the Davion islands on Marik's border...its a feature), and are starting with the planet Tsingtao.

We invite any and all Liao pilots/units to join us on that border during the EU and NA cycles for the time being. We've also seen some merc units trickling in on both sides as well. Hopefully they can round out the queues with us and get in on the fun too without overwhelming the front.

We also invite Marik to attack Davion border if possible from their side.. Both actions here designed to get us all some nice even, steady, balanced IS vs IS fights.. Planet flips are a secondary objective here..

Who's game ?? Anyone left out there ??

I support this! Will support votes against Davion anytime!

#30 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

hmmm...th only house with lower population is....Marik? yet most of Liao doesn't play FP until the weekend. TCAF is basically defunc. So now EU Liao left except for SHZ....

Maybe a Faction Play event that isn't IS vs Clan could happen to bring the fun back out.

Yeah ... most of TCAF split as far as I can tell... but we do see some of them around every now and then, they probably still have enough manpower to fill a 12man on a regular basis. Maybe we can reactivate the border if we draw enough mercs to both sides...
By the way. Good to see you back under the green banner Stoneblade.

#31 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

View Postghostnial9, on 18 October 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Just so you know Marik stopped attacking Liao due to non stop ghost drops and them not responding to us taking two planets. I wouldn't waste your time ghost dropping like we did and hoping for a fight against Liao.

Most of Liao works jobs M-F, so showing up on a Monday doesn't work for most of our active players. Also 4TCR is about the only Liao unit (that responds to others on the forums) that can regularly field a 12 man....but only on NA Friday nights.

View Posttesthero, on 18 October 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

We are up for that.
I Know the Headhunters will come out to fight us
Drop by the FWLM TS at HouseMarik.Enjinvoice.Com and we will pony up .

yeah, we swung by there to be told some BS about playing FP on Fridays....

View PostDanjo San, on 18 October 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

Yeah ... most of TCAF split as far as I can tell... but we do see some of them around every now and then, they probably still have enough manpower to fill a 12man on a regular basis. Maybe we can reactivate the border if we draw enough mercs to both sides...
By the way. Good to see you back under the green banner Stoneblade.

I heard Gonta has stopped playing, then most of the active TCAF went RJF or join Paul Gauldings unit: PGAF. I don't beleive TCAF has enough leadership to form a 12 man drop.

#32 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

If ALL IS Factions Vote for IS fights, it would be no problem.

Steiner and Davion cant attack each other.
Marik, Liao and Kurita cant attack each other.

SO:
Kurita votes Davion
Davion Votes Liao
Liao Votes Steiner / Davion
Marik Votes Steiner
Steiner Votes FRR
FRR Votes Kurita / Steiner

We could try this out for upcomming weekend. Tell every InnerSphere Player you see!
Get your Mates together and drop like there is no CW again!

#makeISvsISgreatagain
#letclannersghostdrop

Edited by MadC4t, 18 October 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#33 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostMadC4t, on 18 October 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

If ALL IS Factions Vote for IS fights, it would be no problem.

Steiner and Davion cant attack each other.
Marik, Liao and Kurita cant attack each other.

SO:
Kurita votes Davion
Davion Votes Liao
Liao Votes Steiner / Davion
Marik Votes Steiner
Steiner Votes FRR
FRR Votes Kurita / Steiner

We could try this out for upcomming weekend. Tell every InnerSphere Player you see!
Get your Mates together and drop like there is no CW again!

#makeISvsISgreatagain
#letclannersghostdrop

All IS need to refrain from defending against Clans as well to make the system work. Otherwise players will go "where the matches are"

Nevertheless I am down... my Vote goes out to Davion!

#34 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Couldn't poke enough Liao players to get a fight, but big thankyou to Marik for showing and 31HR for putting up with our ... unique ... way of fighting the enemy.

#35 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 18 October 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

All IS need to refrain from defending against Clans as well to make the system work. Otherwise players will go "where the matches are"

Nevertheless I am down... my Vote goes out to Davion!

Then, tell every IS Player to vote for IS and drop against IS.
Ignore all Clanner Planets at the Weekend.

#36 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

I have a better idea.

Look at a regular IS map circa 3051. Now, we get every faction to vote to attack the faction to their relative left.
Also, we make sure that nobody defends any invasions: EVER!

Why? We are going to invert the map!

Think about it guys..

p.s. To the Undisputed Ghost Drop Kings (House Davion) - if Stoneblade did not spell it out for you already we are weekend warriors.

#37 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Voting for Davion was a success at Kurita. We keep voting for Davion in the next days. Unfortunately the 36th Dieron won't field a large number of pilots in CW until Weekend. Goal will be to conquer Al'Nair.

Edited by Exard3k, 19 October 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#38 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

I really wish this would work but guys that border clanners have their work cut out for them as many alts are used to manip the vote. We would need buy in from the real players and possibly the ones that don't even play fp anymore...

Then big green machine will get pissy if they don't get their daily puggles so don't be surprised if subversive tacticts are used.

I was a big advocate of the current balance between clan and IS but the population balance is bs atm. When you can put up 80+ cjf and no one else us attacking...

The overpop penalty clearly isn't enough. Make them lose money for the honor to rep the most overpopulated faction in the game.

#39 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 October 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

I really wish this would work but guys that border clanners have their work cut out for them as many alts are used to manip the vote. We would need buy in from the real players and possibly the ones that don't even play fp anymore...

Then big green machine will get pissy if they don't get their daily puggles so don't be surprised if subversive tacticts are used.

I was a big advocate of the current balance between clan and IS but the population balance is bs atm. When you can put up 80+ cjf and no one else us attacking...

The overpop penalty clearly isn't enough. Make them lose money for the honor to rep the most overpopulated faction in the game.

ppl stack the CJF que because it touches every faction in game almost. its the best place to get a drop ATM

#40 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

If all the action remains with having to fight CJF then my urge to play FP over anything else will be definitely cured.

Before you ask, yes I am NOT good enough to face groups from JGx and EVIL... over and over and over and ...... you get my drift. The difference in 'Mech balance is biased toward Clan, not massively but enough that when you face a group of well coordinated and well equipped players the random group of PuG players and even casual units such as ourselves stand next to no chance.

The IS vs IS battles seemed to more balanced, even when facing a 12 man with only a couple of 4 mans it seemed to be close fought and........ well, fun.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 19 October 2016 - 03:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users