116 replies to this topic

#101 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

I don't think this is going to be meta viable without quirks, it's got nothing to differentiate itself from clan assault mechs already in the game except for every variant having jumpjets, even then 1 kodiak and direwhale variant have jumpjets. The C and hero variant maybe can do some crazy stuff but the not the other variants. The Night Gyr have that sweet -100% external heat transfer, PGI should at least give the supernova something along that line.

#102 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

Not sure where else to ask. So I'll just ask here. If I buy the base $20 pack. Is it possible to upgrade the pack later?

#103 oO JimPansen Oo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHerzberg / Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 26 October 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Not sure where else to ask. So I'll just ask here. If I buy the base $20 pack. Is it possible to upgrade the pack later?

Short answer: yes!

#104 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

Long answer:
The usual way is to buy the standard pack of a Mech you like to get the preorder bonuses, and to upgrade it when you actually know the quirks and ingame model.

This was when there were useful PO bonuses, at least.

#105 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostKuaron, on 20 October 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

The bad of the Supernova is coming so soon after the MAD-IIC but with much worse PO rewards.
I think, everyone wanting a bird-like Clan assault battlemech already ordered one. And ordering a second one while still waiting for the first is... meh.

Concerning the look:

You forgot this one:

Posted Image

And it's beautiful!
Much more than the pig face PGI is offering us. But let's see, maybe the ingame version will look better than the teaser art.

One thing. The annihilator is the ugliest of all.
And that supernova from MW4... how the heck do you look straight? Via external visual sensor feed through the nose?

#106 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

Like a bird, only to the side, and leaning the head to the side to look straight. Posted Image
Seriously, it doesn't have to be a copy, the old models are mainly old and stylistically inappropriate for modern MWO Clans. Its more about the general appearance.

Edited by Kuaron, 27 October 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#107 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

Pre-ordered the full pack, because the hardpoints are right in line with how I like my mechs. Just a quick perusal without doing any real planning, I think I can do the following:

SNV-1: Erase Jumpjets, Std 270 -> XL 270, ERLL -> LPL, use any remaining weight on armor (66 Dmg -> 78 Dmg)
SNV-3: Erase MPLs, Std 270 -> XL 325, ERLL -> ERPPC, Add heatsinks (68 [52 Long Rage] Dmg -> 60 Dmg)
SNV-A: Std 270 -> XL 270, ERLL -> LPL, Add 2x LPL, LRM20+Art -> SSRM6 (84 Dmg -> 100 Dmg)
SNV-B: Basically same as -1, but I might be able to keep my jumpjets
SNV-C: Straight forward fast, tanky, PL boat
SNV-BR: Should be able to do 2x AC20, 3x MPL, 3x SSRM6 (68 Dmg -> 100 Dmg)

I've been wrecking assaults lately in Vultures set up in a similar way, but obviously with less damage output. I don't see a bad setup here, but then again I know how to fight energy boat mechs.

#108 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

Can't really think of a build this puppy can do that no other mech can do. Can anyone enlighten me?

#109 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 30 October 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Can't really think of a build this puppy can do that no other mech can do. Can anyone enlighten me?

Maybe you can't, but that's true of a lot of mechs that PGI has released. It's really about whether or not you like the model.

#110 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 18 October 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'm wondering if MWO will stay around long enough to get this thing for C-Bills, since I won't pay any more Real Worls Cash for non existen content to play with new mechs.

-- Mech are no content
-- Maps are no content

They are the framework or basis of this game.

-- Missions
-- Storylines to play
-- Game modes

Do some real DLCs...would have never though to say this...but even EA-Games does it better.

I second that. To me it looks like PGI has almost everything it needs to bake a couple of SP missions out of it. AI could do with some improvement, vehicles would be nice but no must, some voice acting would need to be done, but the rest is just creative and programming work. Make it fast and cheap or go all-out kickstarter. It'd fly off the shelves in any case and would bring in old and new players alike.

Mech *not* bought.

#111 The_Easterling

Rookie

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPL

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

Like somebody mentioned earlier, something like co-op survival mode, when you fight off increasingly harder AI waves would be nice.

When it comes to Supernova it looks nice and was fun in previous games, but that's it I think.
It's not going to be great+ early adopter aren't so nice... But on the other hand buying mech packs literally keeps the game alive, plus if quirks turn out to be decent I might even be fun to play.

#112 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:57 PM

how can it be that I don't check the forum for a month and you do this stuff?

mech looks nice, even if I hoped the 3 hardpoint locations would have been round too, but hey superheavy laservomit is superheavy laservomit and the mech looks sexy. gonna buy the big pack because of the SNV B.

whats the current FW tonnage? 240 or soemthign else?

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 November 2016 - 03:58 PM.

#113 The_Easterling

Rookie

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPL

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 08 November 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

whats the current FW tonnage? 240 or soemthign else?

It's 250 now.
I think I'll also try to bring Supernova to FP and see how it turns out. Boiler can be a best choice here, but I don't know yet if I'm going to get the hero add-on.

#114 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:26 AM

View PostPredator1213, on 09 November 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

It's 250 now.
I think I'll also try to bring Supernova to FP and see how it turns out. Boiler can be a best choice here, but I don't know yet if I'm going to get the hero add-on.

thx

so I can fit a Supernova, Timber, Nova and Adder, awesome.

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 30 October 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

which other mech can do what it can do?

#115 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

I am very tempted by this mech. Despite, the fact that its little brother was neutered after seeming to be a decent little laser boater. I see the same thing happening with the Supernova.

Edited by Rattler85, 10 November 2016 - 11:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users