Supernova Preorder Is Here!

116 replies to this topic

#61 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

Another nice looking mech.. I always liked the "Nova" mechs, like Nova, Super Nova and Nova Cat..

Alex did a good job again (or whoever designed this).

I'm just a bit saddened that out of all the new things we need in this game, it's again more "content" a.k.a. another mech pack.. Posted Image

#62 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

Let me put it this way: looking at the Supernova makes me really regret pulling that Marauder IIC preorder (which I did because of the upcoming ED changes). Should have stuck with the MAD-IIC...

#63 Feywald

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, England

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

Wow, the special mech camo looks better then the Hero mech... and it's a good looking camo job on a clan mech.

Was kind of surprised to see another assault though thought we were due some mediums.

#64 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:18 AM

So, after the Shadow Cat and the Huntsman we have the third Mech produced by Clan Nova Cat.
We all know we´ll never get the Clan in game, but please stop ignoring them totally. At least give us some decals in the preorder pack, call the hero something CNC related or give it the Alpha galaxy camo.

There is a pretty huge fanbase for that Clan, it has produced half of the Clan mechs we got recently, should be standing in the Inner Sphere by our timeline (3053 - see Bushwalker) and is certainly more relevant than the Smoke Jaguars (shots fired^^).

At the moment I fear we´ll get to buy the Novacat Omnimech in the future but PGI decides to rename it GalacticFeline just because it sounds better...

#65 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

I think I will pass. I have enough Clan assaults (and the MAD IIC is incoming, too). Plus, I have more than enough unlevelled/unplayed Mechs in their bays.

#66 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:48 AM

Debating. I'm a mechhoar but really... I already have HGN-IICs for jump capable 90 ton clan battlemechs with a 325 engine rating cap. Why do I need another chassis with the same limit, just to boat energy weapons ? If I wanted to boat energy weapons, I'd bring in a kodiak 1 or 5 to a game. Granted I think more effort went into the special/hero camo than the Marauder IIC (which I've ordered, AND 1 of those has ECM and two have Jump jets, and they all have high engine caps).

#67 Dorci

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts
  • LocationLow Signal (Hungary)

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

Owww yisss.
Prepare for suiciding Supernova Pilots Posted Image Posted Image

#68 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:41 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 18 October 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Energy draw makes this mech useless.

View PostDreadwing, on 18 October 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

That said, I'm very afraid of the energy draw system if I'm going to be sitting in one of these (And I will)

You guys do realize that ED penalties scale linear while GH scales up exponentially, right?
This will never be worse than it currently is on live servers..

(And if it is, then it'll be equally worse for everyone! Just because the word "energy" is in it doesn't mean it's worse for laserboats than GH.. ;)

Edited by Willothius, 19 October 2016 - 04:44 AM.

#69 Leffe79

Rookie

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 6 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:49 AM

Looking at the data it is pretty much a Highlander IIC. Same tonnage, same engine cap, jump jet capable, no ECM or MASC.

#70 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:03 AM

Damnit! Why couldn't this have come uo before thr loyalty deadline?!? I've been waiting for the SuperNova... And I picked a mech pack I really didn't want, because I wanted those Summoners T.T

Well, I guess this gives me a leg up on next year...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 19 October 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#71 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:30 AM

I love the design of this mech but a slow assault i'm really not too sure about especially with the new energy draw system coming soon.

Saying that though I fancy getting myself a new mech pack but unsure as to what to go for, i'm loving my marauders everyone of them play's well and after the mechtoberfest event I found myself really enjoying taking out my locusts and adders.............. too many choices PGI.

#72 RAZOR22

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

in a nutshell, what's good about this mech?

#73 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

I just can't find any good reason to get this mech unfortunately. I have the marauder IIC, this one just doesnt have anything I need/want. No JJ or ECM to make it stand out as an assault.

Sorry PGI, not this time Posted Image

p.s.
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, FIX ASSAULT.

It was my fav game mode and it's really really hurting me now.

p.p.s
We actually needed a 20 tonne mech = Firemoth :)

Edited by The Unstoppable Puggernaut, 19 October 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#74 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 18 October 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

Its ugly as ****. This is one of those times when I wish it was based on the original concept art.

well i just opend my (fasa) TR 3058
and i say: IT LOOKS AMOST EXACTLY LIKE IN THE PICTURE!

Super cool!
Posted Image

Edit. Also my favorite Mech in MW3 , legging mechs with a (too hot) bunch of, if i remeber correctly, 6 lare pulses^^

Edited by ViridianKnight, 20 October 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#75 Argent Kaiser

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

I was excited about the supernova until I saw the stats. Its 10 tons lighter but the same speed as the Dire wolf. Its an energy heavy mech and given that it is slow and ponderous we will likely have to use Medium lasers or larger to be effective which means the heat scale on this thing will be horrible.

I can't in good conscience pay for this mech. Its speed alone will make it a ponderous target. add to the fact that the majority of its hard points are likely to be low (which is SO common in clan mechs) making hill peeking dangerous at best. Now that I think about it with only a few exceptions the majority of "good" clan mechs have high mounted weapons. This mech is a bust in my opinion.

With the new energy system coming I really don't see this mech going anywhere. Every time a new mechanic like this is implements they say its to encourage mixed weapon builds, but then they drop mechs like this on us. Boats of one type or another. Its really frustrating.

#76 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostRAZOR22, on 19 October 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

in a nutshell, what's good about this mech?

It looks adorable. Otherwise Supernova = Highlander with (probably) Warhawk hitboxes and x2 Warhawk hardpoints.
Except for hero, which is King Crab IIC in a nutshell. And SNV3 might be niche zombie-mech.

No reason to get it if you already ordered The Marauder IIC, unless you really like its looks.

View PostArgent Kaiser, on 19 October 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

With the new energy system coming I really don't see this mech going anywhere. Every time a new mechanic like this is implements they say its to encourage mixed weapon builds, but then they drop mechs like this on us. Boats of one type or another. Its really frustrating.

PGI never said ED will encourage mixed builds. ED favors boating more than GH, so SNV will actually benefit from it (I am not saying it will be good mech though, decent at best).

Edited by AngrySpartan, 19 October 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#77 Zen Orac

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Hehehehe I remember playing this mech in Mechwarrior 3 along with the Nova if you Alpha striked once it exploded doing huge amounts of damage to anything nearby, some players started using them as suicide bombs. It would be nice to see what the quirks are for this mech before putting some of my hard earned money into buying it. Might just get it for the comedy value like I did with the Urbie.

#78 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,251 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 18 October 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

Dont know why you think this. The current pts-build allows to fire 3 cER-LL without penalty. Even dual 20s run cooler i think. I think the mech profits from ED.

Ehh saying it profits from ED based an a 6cERLL build isn't really telling. Another solution would be to make 3cERLL doable without GH, but once you add a single cLPL it's back to 2. I don't think anyone would complain.

#79 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 18 October 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

Its ugly as ****. This is one of those times when I wish it was based on the original concept art.

Sorry but it has ALWAYS been ugly
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Bonnie Ruth

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

There's only one thing I'm upset about, and that's how low the armor is on the SNV I mean COME ON!!! Did you see how much punishment those things could take a beating, more than the Kodiak, it at least has to be 550 at the least and maybe 580 on the hero

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users