205 replies to this topic

#21 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

ANZAC Boomers "Terror Australis" I like that.

How about a roundel with the boxing kangaroo holding an inferno launcher.

Like the website.

I'm thinking I would like to pilot a Rifleman or an Awesome to start with.

Edited by slide, 12 December 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#22 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Australia

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yea Terror Australis does sound good. However i don't want to make the group more auzzie than kiwi as it is open for both groups. perhaps it could be incorporated into a slogan or something. just keep in mind this is open for not just auzzies. but great ideas keep it up thanks guys =]

Geektron3000

#23 Bluemaxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAustralia....somewhere

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostGeektron3000, on 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

Yea Terror Australis does sound good. However i don't want to make the group more auzzie than kiwi as it is open for both groups. perhaps it could be incorporated into a slogan or something. just keep in mind this is open for not just auzzies. but great ideas keep it up thanks guys =]

Geektron3000

I agree with trying to keep the naming open so our NZ friends still want to join, this could mean removing the "Boomers" from the unit name but that can discussed later on.
Also, perhaps "Terror Australis" could be the Australian based players regiment/group name so the NZ based players could also have their own specific regiment/group name too that way everyone can be included under the ANZAC banner.

Thoughts?

#24 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

View PostBluemaxx, on 12 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

I agree with trying to keep the naming open so our NZ friends still want to join, this could mean removing the "Boomers" from the unit name but that can discussed later on.
Also, perhaps "Terror Australis" could be the Australian based players regiment/group name so the NZ based players could also have their own specific regiment/group name too that way everyone can be included under the ANZAC banner.

Thoughts?

Yup this is good idea, But might just leave it as it is and see how many more members we get before we start thinking about splitting up into regiments and such cause it do us very good if we get only say 2 NZ members and they are a regiment. But this is defiantly something to keep in mind once we grow in numbers a bit.

#25 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

Yes appologies to our kiwi friends I got carried away.

Could a kiwi (the bird) be drawn carrying a man portable ppc. We could have a the kangaroo with his inferno back to back with the kiwi taking on all commers as our unit patch. Need someone with more artistic talent than me to design it though.

Can't imagine a sheep holding an inferno launcher (ha ha ha)

#26 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

View Postslide, on 13 December 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yes appologies to our kiwi friends I got carried away.

Could a kiwi (the bird) be drawn carrying a man portable ppc. We could have a the kangaroo with his inferno back to back with the kiwi taking on all commers as our unit patch. Need someone with more artistic talent than me to design it though.

Can't imagine a sheep holding an inferno launcher (ha ha ha)

Yea maybe. If we could get hold of images with those in it then maybe =]. Also another matter i think needs to be addressed is, are you all alright about being lead by a 16 yr old =p?

Edited by Geektron3000, 13 December 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#27 sadamle

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'm going to chime in with something different.

Gold = AUS
Black = NZ
Burst = Rising Sun
Marble Effect reflects typical BT unit logos.
Stars = Obvious a mix of Aussie and NZ styles.

Ditched the Boomers wording.

Thought about referencing 'MechWarrior' or 'BattleTech' underneath but can't be bothered for the moment.

That's about it really. There's my effort haha.

Posted Image

Edited by sadamle, 13 December 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#28 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

View PostDemise, on 12 December 2011 - 04:46 AM, said:

I'm also with an Aussie clan unit that would need a home until after the invasion - I reckon there'd be about 10 of us...

Can I get details? I would be interested in being involved.

Semyon

#29 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostBluemaxx, on 12 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Just as a thought there is a World called Australia somewhere in Steiner space up near what will be the Jade Falcon occupation zine. If I can find it on the map I'll send directions. means we'd be well up near the front when it starts and it's a short trip over to rasulhague and the Draconis combine and out to the Periphery for some pirate stomping.

Could make a good base and ties in well with the unit being 'Australian'

Semyon

#30 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

View Postsadamle, on 13 December 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Gold = AUS
Black = NZ
Burst = Rising Sun

Thought about referencing 'MechWarrior' or 'BattleTech' underneath but can't be bothered for the moment.

This is really good. we could use this and put it on our mechs if the customization allows it when the game get up and running. Great job =]

#31 A dog

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Terra

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

@ Sadamle: Great job. I would be happy to have that on my Mech:)

#32 Bluemaxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

View PostGeektron3000, on 13 December 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yea maybe. If we could get hold of images with those in it then maybe =]. Also another matter i think needs to be addressed is, are you all alright about being lead by a 16 yr old =p?

I don't care how old you are, as long as your a good person and fun to play with i couldn't care less :P i've met/worked with people twice your age with the maturity of a child so don't worry about that too much. Besides i'm sure we all get a say in how things will work anyway (that's what seems to be happenning on the forums right now anyway).

View Postsadamle, on 13 December 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Gold = AUS
Black = NZ
Burst = Rising Sun

^This = WOW! I love it :P

Also found the details about planet Australia that Semyon mentioned on Saranet, i'll copy and paste below. Sounds like they could be close to the action during the invasion.
Planetary Info
Australia is vitally important to the Lyran state despite its unimportant location and relative lack of resources. It is the home of one of the Commonwealth's Mint and Reserve Banks, making it a vital financial center. Most of the bank's entrances and exits are classified, and only a few people have attempted a robbery. The few intrepid souls that have made it through one of the entrances were quickly killed or captured in the outermost ring of defenses.
In [color="#002bb8"]3058[/color] the 11th Lyran regulars transferred off the world to reinforce the Lyons Thumb. The banking institutes on the world took it upon themselves to finance a small security force to defend their interests. This corps of private security often trains with and exercises against the local militia unit.[color="#002bb8"][1][/color]

Edited by Bluemaxx, 13 December 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#33 Hardway

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

you have my interest.Currently on active duty with Smoke Jaguars in MW4 Mercs . Might be better for me to be closer to home (SE Qld).

I have to tell you from experience, running a Group of mercs is no easy task. Don't let that deter you, I should be able to help out if you need a hand with the day to day stuff.

#34 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

View PostHardway, on 14 December 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

you have my interest.Currently on active duty with Smoke Jaguars in MW4 Mercs . Might be better for me to be closer to home (SE Qld).

I have to tell you from experience, running a Group of mercs is no easy task. Don't let that deter you, I should be able to help out if you need a hand with the day to day stuff.

well i've never actually been involved with something like this so im interested to see how i handle things. So i hope that we can run the merc group in unison not relying too much on any one or 2 people that way if a decision is made its made as a group and the majority of people are happy with the decisions made within the group.

#35 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

Ive just been sitting back watching this thread for a little while now. Would definitely be interested in joining with other Aussies and Kiwi's.

My current Arma 2 clan has both Aussie and Kiwi members, so it does work, even if it does get a bit late in the night in NZ.

My only suggestions was to drop the "boomers" bit, but looks like that has already been raised.

That's a really great logo! Also very interesting about Australia (the planet).

#36 Bluemaxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

looks like everything is coming along nicely then now the next question is finding out exactly what mechs are going to be in the game so more people can determine what role they want to play.....i'm hopinh there is something other than a jenner for me to pilot - i'm not really a fan of that design :P

so what other games do people play here too? I see that people have mentioned ARMA2 and MW4 but what else? I play BF3 pretty regularly on the PS3 (my wife looks out for me while i play - she's saved my bacon more times than i can remember :P ) and MW4 when i can but i haven't played that in a while sadly.

#37 sadamle

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Updated.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

sadamle,
that looks awesome better than my ideas (not unusual I have no artistic talent at all)

Geek'
I have no problem with you running the show, it was after all your idea to start this thread. If you were anything like me at 16 you probably have a lot of time on your hands, which you can invest it here and learn some useful real world skills. At 41 I have a wife, a 6 year old and a job that keeps me busy 60 hours a week so finding time to play will be hard enough without any other resposibilities. However if you get us all killed on our first mission we may have to have words. Also if your parents start hunting us down because "YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THAT DAMN COMPUTER" and your schooling goes to the crapper I intend to go and hide somwhere because I'm an adult and I should be more responsible. Jees I'm starting sound like my parents now.

#39 Geektron

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostBluemaxx, on 14 December 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

looks like everything is coming along nicely then now the next question is finding out exactly what mechs are going to be in the game so more people can determine what role they want to play.....i'm hopinh there is something other than a jenner for me to pilot - i'm not really a fan of that design :)

so what other games do people play here too? I see that people have mentioned ARMA2 and MW4 but what else? I play BF3 pretty regularly on the PS3 (my wife looks out for me while i play - she's saved my bacon more times than i can remember :) ) and MW4 when i can but i haven't played that in a while sadly.

Well im manly a PC guy so i play bf3 on the PC =] i'm actually part of a multigaming clan called ASoG (Another Shade of Grey), idk if any of you guys have come across them before. actually had a discussion with the leader about me running this and he wanted to see if i would consider making this an ASoG thing but i said that i didnt want to force you guys to join a large multigaming community for a game that wasn't even out yet. So i hope you guys are happy with my decision and i hope it doesnt come back to bite me on the butt =\ cause i'm not an admin or anything within the group and when i suggested having an 'ASoG;' regiment within our group he said not to worry cause he wanted a admin to be running the whole thing if there was an 'ASoG' segment in =\. Just thought i'd keep you guys up to date with things that may affect this group directly =]

View Postsadamle, on 14 December 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Updated.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Greate work these are really awesome i can wait to be able to try putting these on the actual things when the game comes out..

View Postslide, on 14 December 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

sadamle,
that looks awesome better than my ideas (not unusual I have no artistic talent at all)

Geek'
I have no problem with you running the show, it was after all your idea to start this thread. If you were anything like me at 16 you probably have a lot of time on your hands, which you can invest it here and learn some useful real world skills. At 41 I have a wife, a 6 year old and a job that keeps me busy 60 hours a week so finding time to play will be hard enough without any other resposibilities. However if you get us all killed on our first mission we may have to have words. Also if your parents start hunting us down because "YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THAT DAMN COMPUTER" and your schooling goes to the crapper I intend to go and hide somwhere because I'm an adult and I should be more responsible. Jees I'm starting sound like my parents now.

Yea i have more time than i'd like to admit on the computer being i have virtually no social life =p and my parents won't blame any of you guys for keeping my on the computer i do that good enough my self =D.

#40 Bluemaxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

View Postsadamle, on 14 December 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Updated.

Posted ImagePosted Image

i think i need some private time with this cause it's just so damn sexy :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users