Thanks For The Nerf.

68 replies to this topic

#41 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

Any I.S. mech that is viable for faction warfare must be whacked by The Nerf Bat.

Top tier I.S. mechs have already been whacked by The Nerf Bat including the Blackjack, Catapult, Warhammer, Maurader, Battlemaster, and Black Knight.

The Feb 20 patch was when the the Nerf Hammer hit.

PATCH NOTES - 1.4.53 - 16-FEB-2016
https://mwomercs.com...-1453-16feb2016

"All remaining negative/detrimental Weapon Quirks on Clan 'Mechs have been removed. A small amount of negative Armor and Turn Quirks remain for certain variants.
• All Inner Sphere Energy Range Quirks are now set at 10% (if present)."

In that patch they whacked the Blackjack with the nerf bat. On top of that the found a buff bat to hit the clan targeting computers. Just look at all the green(buffs) on the PDF of all Clan Quirk changes here .

Anything that was competitive was whacked. Patch after patch after patch.

April
Black Knight gets whacked
http://mwomercs.com/...rk%20Values.pdf

June
Black Knight gets whacked again
http://static.mwomer...006-21-2016.pdf

Resize I.S. mechs get big

July
Blackjack Catapult Warhammer Maurader Battlemaster
http://static.mwomer...rk%20Values.pdf

whack whack whack whack whack

Now we move onto the 2nd tier.

• Enforcer ENF-5P: UAC Jam Chance increased to -20% (from -30%).
• JagerMech JM6-DD: UAC Jam Chance increased to -20% (from -30%).

May or may not have copied some of this from the Faction warfare section Posted Image

#42 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:58 AM

View Postrawasch, on 19 October 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

Was this announced somewhere or how do you know there are lots of changes coming?

Yes, it has been announced. It was said in the last town hall. It has been said on the last two NGNG podcast (#147 and #148). Some of it has been said on Twitter. It has been hinted at in the roadmap. No where does it say specifically what all the changes will be but November and December have been constantly identified as the months when there will be a lot of changes to quirks and the skill tree among other things.

#43 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:00 AM

We do know that November will see Energy Draw head to the Live server at least for a test, if not permanently.

#44 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

That was'nt a nerf bat it was a nerf jackhammer.
And why not a single IS mech was even competitive to be used for any length of time.
In thier own tournament.
Dumb is dumb

#45 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:48 AM

View PostVolthorne, on 19 October 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

I dunno what the **** you're talking about, SteamDB and Steamspy both report a fairly steady peak concurrent daily users for the past 6 months, with average unique players over two weeks being north of 22000 - and that doesn't take into account the people who loathe Steam with a passion and thus are using the standalone client (a small subset of players to be sure, but they exist).

MechWarrior has always been a niche game, and its audience numbers align with that expectation. You're being overly melodramatic and need to calm down. Outside of certain fringe situations there was literally no point in using standard AC/5s over UAC/5s. If a slight UAC nerf is all it takes for an "IS loyalist" to abandon their account then maybe they weren't so "loyal" in the first place.

Not sure what statistics you are looking at. Check out these: http://steamcharts.com/app/342200#6m

Average number of players on Steam (per day) during the last 30 days: 1.069,8 people. The 22.000 may come up when you add the peaks over 2 weeks.

Sad but true.

For the rest of your comments: They are as good as your math...

@Scout Derek

You dont care...maybe thats the difference. I still do.

Honestly I think this current discussion about balance is not like in the last years, where it was a bit like a roleplaying game between IS and Clan players. This time its serious because I see more and more IS players leaving in frustration and anger.

I really really like this game and the community and I want this game to continue and prosper. And this can only be done if a basic balance is there. If the current trend continues it will be Clanwarrior online soon.

#46 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:49 AM

The salt from this thread over little quirk adjustments, fuels me...

I WILL ENJOY THIS!!!!!

Posted Image

#47 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:01 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 October 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

I WILL ENJOY THIS!!!!!

Posted Image

You would be right if this is just about the latest quirk nerf on the UAC jamming. I would not care at all. But when it comes on top of all the nerfs before and this time for mediocre mechs, it really starts to seriously frustrate people.

#48 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:04 AM

I WILL ENJOY THIS!!!!!

The salt is not from "a little quirk adjustment" it is the context and environment in which those "little quirk adjustments" are occurring within.

Specifically, a context in which the Kodiak 3 is undeniably the most OP mech in the game. A context in which, the mechs subject to the "little quirk adjustment" are not even relevant to the current meta or even played all that much. A context in which, despite both of the above, it is these under performing mechs that get a nerf while their weight class counter parts that consistently exceed them in performance are left alone. It is a context in which PGI provides us with leader board stats*, yet has the pretense that there is some logical or data driven schema behind this "little quirk adjustment" that makes sense, in direct contrast to the data we can see.

https://docs.google....t#gid=873915851
http://mwomercs.com/...rd-event-stats/

Anyway glad you enjoy this.

#49 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:04 AM

View PostDarth Hotz, on 20 October 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

You would be right if this is just about the latest quirk nerf on the UAC jamming. I would not care at all. But when it comes on top of all the nerfs before and this time for mediocre mechs, it really starts to seriously frustrate people.

It's odd indeed, idk if the balance overlord has been drinking heavily under his stupidity or he just doing this to spite all the

player base, I don't really know.

#50 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 20 October 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

That was'nt a nerf bat it was a nerf jackhammer.
And why not a single IS mech was even competitive to be used for any length of time.
In thier own tournament.
Dumb is dumb

At least grasshopper, spider, griffin and warhammer disagree with that statement..

Edited by Ssamout, 20 October 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#51 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 October 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

It's odd indeed, idk if the balance overlord has been drinking heavily under his stupidity or he just doing this to spite all the

player base, I don't really know.

He's still angry about the playerbase turning him into an image macro meme back during the CBT, I guess.

Posted Image

#52 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 October 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Ha.Ha. Ha.

Now you feel the pain of clanners when we got our toys nerfed :3

You think this is funny ?

They Buffed a Mist Lynx onmi pod that no body uses Posted Image I think that's bloody hilarious Posted Image

I WILL ENJOY THIS!!!!!

Posted Image

Since when has Gort been a Sith Lord ?

#53 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostSsamout, on 20 October 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

At least grasshopper, spider, griffin and warhammer disagree with that statement..

In the final freaking tournament just how many IS mechs are being used.
I'm willing to bet not any of the one you mentioned.
Get real.

#54 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 20 October 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

In the final freaking tournament just how many IS mechs are being used.
I'm willing to bet not any of the one you mentioned.
Get real.

Uh, wrong. Warhammer features prominently, and the Grasshopper plays a crucial role if a very niche one.

Spider is also used just as often as the Jenner IIC.

#55 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

Well I stand corrected.
Guess we know what's on the nerf jackhammer after the tournament then.
Well three out how many Clan mechs is good I guess.
Niche hahahaha.

#56 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

I mean, it is up to half of the team running IS in MWOWC.

I really do fear thecWHM will get whacked, rather than everybody else getting some help. That would be super twisted, but also typical.

#57 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 October 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

Assuming these decisions are indeed broadly data driven.... based on some combination of performance in QP, FW and maybe comp... this might make better sense.... However, we don't really know that they are data driven and PGI hasn't published any notes on the why's of the nerfs are needed. It would be the easiest thing for them to do, as they had to have a developers meeting or something to discuss changes to the game and the reasons for it.

Also, just because it's data driven doesn't mean they are looking at the right data set. For example: I can well believe the jager DD, significantly outperforms its the other jager variants. If that is the data set you are looking at, a nerf might look needed. Or look at the buff they gave to the ballistic mist lynx (which was might well be a significant underperformer to other mist lynx's). If they are looking for outliers amongst chassis variants, maybe these nerfs/buffs make sense from a data point of view. They just don't make a positive difference in the game as a whole. Is anyone going to run a ballistic mist lynx? Doubt it... the Jager DD did work for FW (yes, not meta.. but good for some decks), so a nerf hurts a decent (but not considered OP) mech.

I am not throwing PGI under the bus here. I do believe they are trying to make things better...Just would be nice if we knew what they were looking at.. of course that would open them to a more legitimate critique than mere guessing at it does. Which is what we are doing now

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 October 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I have no real idea what they are looking at (as far as data). However, in my trying to make sense of these buffs/nerfs that nobody asked for it just occurred to me that these seemingly random buffs/nerds kind have the look of a corporate calendar decision (i.e...in Sept review performance of UAC enhanced variants vs. their other variants for October patch) than anything else. I drive some cataphacts for fun and the 3D (which has a uac buff) got left alone. Which leaving it alone would make sense to me as it's not a bad performer or conversely a standout amongst the other cataphact variants. Again, being that companies generally don't do stuff randomly (there is a method, however flawed) I was just trying to make a better guess as to what PGI was looking at in doing this.

My best guess as to what PGI was looking at (moved over from a similar thread in FW forum).

Not sure what is worse....The thought of them (as has been suggested many places) potentially using a random nerf dartboard or the thought of them potentially using the above methodology as part of determining Nerfs/buffs

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 20 October 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#58 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

You are correct, we did see some Grasshoppers and Spiders in the tourney. They were on the loosing teams. So, er, yeah, you win the logic game....

#59 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

View PostCaldek, on 20 October 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

You are correct, we did see some Grasshoppers and Spiders in the tourney. They were on the loosing teams. So, er, yeah, you win the logic game....

EmP is a losing team?

#60 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

I can only assume they have hired someone with the mental age of 12 to handle balancing.

"Untermensch clanners are entitled to be STRONK because lore and life owes me something"

Clan tech ruined TT and has done the same to MWO

Edited by visionGT4, 20 October 2016 - 10:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users