Anyone Put Lbx On Their [Night Gyrs]?

Weapons BattleMechs Balance

5 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

Aside from the usual dakka (4xCUAC5 and 6xCUAC2) as well as Gauss vomit build for the [Night Gyrs], I was having a harder time finding something "different" for them. UACs and Gauss required too much of face time for a mech that cannot take as much as it can dish out. I needed something to front load its damage right away. Then I saw the Clan LBX5 velocity and compared it with CERPPC, and a build was born.

NTG-PRIME POPPER

Before anyone says it, yes those are LBXs, and yes they are still bad weapon for the amount of tonnage it requires. However, if there is one thing the [Night Gyrs] has in abundance, it is free tonnage. I took the build to the battlefield having no big expectation, but on my matches it actually worked! Every time I got around 700 damage, with a couple of kills.

I simply hill-humped and poptarted with the CERPPCs beyond 400 meter range, and then added the LBXs on my volley when the enemy is within 400 meter range. CERPPC and LBX5 speed, in addition to TC1 means the weapons impact almost at the same time, the CERPPCs hitting a tiny fraction of a second before and hopefully expose some armor for the following LBX shells. Sure, a single Gauss is a better choice in terms of offense, but with those LBXs I didn't have to wait for it to charge--just shoot and duck, which offers some defensive bonus.

TC1 combined with CAP offered very fast readout for enemy paper doll, which helped me sometimes.

Edited by draiocht, 21 October 2016 - 04:00 AM.
language

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

I totally misread that title and thought it said something WAY more offensive than it actually is. I'm just going to leave in embarrassment.

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

The thing is, dual Gauss and a PPC is even better because you get the same damage for less heat and no spread.

Fun build, tho'...

#4 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 October 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

UACs and Gauss required too much of face time for a mech that cannot take as much as it can dish out.

I am running something like this on my JK: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c23e9fa313adf6 72p double tap alpha, it's dishes out just fine. :)

Otherwise 2xgauss+1xERPPC is my go-to build.

#5 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 October 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

UACs and Gauss required too much of face time for a mech that cannot take as much as it can dish out.

I don't feel like the gauss requires so much facetime that it would justify using LBX over it. You can charge while twisting, you can charge while going for the poke (if you know where the enemy is), you can charge will slowly hovering upwards to hoversnipe.

As for builds, i do actually prefer 2ER PPC 1 Gauss for hoversniping over 2 Gauss 1 ER PPC. Reason being that even with 4JJ, the lift is so painfully slow and low that i like to use those cockpit level ppcs a lot. They allow to get a lot of shots with minimum returning fire in situation where hovering high enough to hit with both arm gauss would expose you to a lot of fire.

#6 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:34 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 20 October 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

I don't feel like the gauss requires so much facetime that it would justify using LBX over it. You can charge while twisting, you can charge while going for the poke (if you know where the enemy is), you can charge will slowly hovering upwards to hoversnipe.

As for builds, i do actually prefer 2ER PPC 1 Gauss for hoversniping over 2 Gauss 1 ER PPC. Reason being that even with 4JJ, the lift is so painfully slow and low that i like to use those cockpit level ppcs a lot. They allow to get a lot of shots with minimum returning fire in situation where hovering high enough to hit with both arm gauss would expose you to a lot of fire.

'sticking the PPCs on anything but the arms'

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users