Bring Back The Phoenix Bundle

83 replies to this topic

#21 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

No double dip...PGI has already almost milked this cow for every last drop through monetizing mechs out the Yen lo wang

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

This is just my opinion:

Call me old-fashioned, but I think that promises should be kept - especially, if it is not some trivial detail, but one of the main selling points of some product (in this case, the Phoenix Pack).

Plus, the cost of the Phoenix Pack was $80 and with the Sabre Expansion Pack for additional $30 we are getting to $110. That is not exactly some insignificant sum, I would say.

Being sold something "exclusive" , "unique" and "Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended.", paying $110 for this "exclusive" item, only to find out that PGI has made this one-off item generally available ...

Filing the complaint with the Ministry of Trade of Canada would be the first logical thing to do.

#23 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Let me guess, They should also go and screw the Founders a little more and resell those packs, too, right?

Wow... talk about taking something a bit over the top... But, i see no problem with them releasing the founder mechs now.. Your bonus was getting to use something for 4+ years before others.. I guess that is not enough for some..

To the others, i love the whole majority thing, when it's barely a majority, I wonder how many they sold, it was certainly more than 2k, But what ever..

How exactly is it screwing over founders more, by getting more money, to work on the game, that so called founders complain about being not what it was suppose to be.. I hate that term founder anyway, it's not like they founded anything.. they pre-ordered a game...

Nerd rage is strong in this thread...

But what ever, they could easily re-bundle, and make it "New"

OP:,, i'd love um to add that bundle again, for the folks that want to spend some cash and get some +30% c-bill mechs.. Maybe even add a Special NEW camo just for said package.. "Rise of the Phoenix" Add some unique colors too for said camo.. Make the +30% bonus mech something new.. like ohh how about the TDR-5SS! Posted Image

Not reselling old package.. adding new camo.. adding new colors, adding new +30% bonus mechs.. Win/win!

Edited by JC Daxion, 22 October 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#24 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

If it meant that all current Phoenix owners would get all the cool decals from the concept art injected into their accounts as a consolation, I would have no problems opening it back up.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

But thanks for reminding me why I generally leave you on ignore. It was your rants about this very subject the last time the Participation Trophy/Communist Crowd got riled that got you put on the list.

My feelings are hurt, Bishop. Relax, before you get banned. :)

#26 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

If they made it available I'd ante up. Probably the only way I'd buy a Battlemaster. I like the livery and the bonuses they came with.

I started in the game long after the package was made unavailable, obviously.

Same with the founder packs; I'd buy in to get the Catapult, LOL.

Edited by Chados, 22 October 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 22 October 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

Wow... talk about taking something a bit over the top... But, i see no problem with them releasing the founder mechs now.. Your bonus was getting to use something for 4+ years before others.. I guess that is not enough for some..

No, it's not. I actually could care less about if a package is exclusive or not, on the whole. That said, when a package is specifically marked as EXCLUSIVE/LIMITED TIME.

Then yeah. "Never to be sold again" means just that. Not...well.. OK, 4 years... never, close enough.

Here's a little link to help with understanding why PGI really should not re-release Founders or Phoenix
https://www.lawyersa...umer_fraud.html

Of course, since selective reading and or /comprehension seems to be a big thing here, one should note that I, and many, many others have actually stated, MANY TIMES: If they want to re-release those packs without the Phoenix name and without the "Exclusive" Content, and let people get their CBill boost for said variants? Fine and dandy.

Again: The Camo, etc? NOPE.

But I don't expect that to get past people's entitlement filters, either.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 22 October 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#28 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

Just an opinion from someone who doesn't have this bundle... No. No re-release.

Not because it's special. But because I don't want to live in a world where companies can use phrases like 'Limited Edition' or 'Early Adopter Only' or 'Buy Now Or Lose it Forever' to get people to impulse buy stuff, and then get to double dip and offer the same thing to other people months or weeks later .

I mean... I guess I already live in a world where corporations do that every second of every day. But I'm not happy about it.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 October 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Relax, before you get banned. Posted Image

Oh, report away, if it makes you feel better. I really don't care about bans here, so if that's the only way you can "win" your argument, do what you must.

View PostBombast, on 22 October 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Just an opinion from someone who doesn't have this bundle... No. No re-release.

Not because it's special. But because I don't want to live in a world where companies can use phrases like 'Limited Edition' or 'Early Adopter Only' or 'Buy Now Or Lose it Forever' to get people to impulse buy stuff, and then get to double dip and offer the same thing to other people months or weeks later .

I mean... I guess I already live in a world where corporations do that every second of every day. But I'm not happy about it.

Yup.

It's like when I sold mattresses at Sears. And people would come in with last week's ad, and demand we "honor it".

Um....no?

#30 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

The back and forth between you guys is
Posted Image

#31 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 October 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

The back and forth between you guys is
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

I wouldn't agree with reselling the Phoenix pack again. The community already made it clear that they should stay dead. However, I wouldn't say no to something like a Phoenix 2, made up of some new Project Phoenix mechs. Here is my ideal Phoenix 2 package. Eight mechs, two possible paths, each costing the same as Origins IIC. Conversely, there would be an ultimate pack that costs the same as both full packs combined.

IS Pack: Valkyrie($20), Phoenix Hawk($40), Crusader($60), Longbow($80)
(NOTE: the reason I rehashed Phoenix Hawk is because there is literally no other IS Project Phoenix Mediums that haven't been used already.)

Clan Pack: Locust IIC($20), Griffin IIC($40), Rifleman IIC($60), Warhammer IIC($80)

Ultimate pack: Everything($160)
Ala Carte: $20

#33 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 22 October 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

(NOTE: the reason I rehashed Phoenix Hawk is because there is literally no other IS Project Phoenix Mediums that haven't been used already.)

I think you're forgetting the Scorpion Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 22 October 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#34 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Quick point.

If they reopened the Phoenix pack today, they would receive many requests for a full refund due to false advertising. I would be one of them.

Legally they can not offer that or the founders pack without opening themselves up to that claim.

#35 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

What about selling the pack seasonally it stay being limited and exclusive to whoever want to buy from the package, and people have a choice of choosing to buy or not, for whatever the reason they have.

And this whole argument, right now reminds me of Rito's (Riot's) decision, to bring back Championship Riven after promising it's a Limited time exclusive for people in season 2, but when they re-release that skin the community was in a uproar for a good week or so but things died down after that.

Not saying the same will happen for PGI's case but it could happen since it's not a big deal.

#36 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

View Postmartian, on 22 October 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

As you can see, the majority of MWO players voted for the Phoenix Pack to stay exclusive - exactly as promised by PGI originally.

Yes, but that was the position of the voters at the time, and right around the time the primary clan omnis had increased laser duration and heat generation quirks applied, so there was added negative bias from the outrage. Plus, opinions can change as times and populations change, so no one poll taken in the past should be taken as absolute truth that spans all of time.

Just wanted to log in to point that out.

#37 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 22 October 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

What about selling the pack seasonally it stay being limited and exclusive to whoever want to buy from the package, and people have a choice of choosing to buy or not, for whatever the reason they have.

And this whole argument, right now reminds me of Rito's (Riot's) decision, to bring back Championship Riven after promising it's a Limited time exclusive for people in season 2, but when they re-release that skin the community was in a uproar for a good week or so but things died down after that.

Not saying the same will happen for PGI's case but it could happen since it's not a big deal.

For me, You wouldn't hear a word. I'd put in my request for a refund based on the oriinally advertised product. They would have to either refund the amount or risk me taking them to court (which I can afford and would win. And I'd likely try to make it a class action suit pulling in everyone that purchased the original pack - very expensive for PGI).

I have no loyalty to this comapny any longer.

The only way they could do it is to offer a similar pack but if they offered the 6 Phoenix/Saber special variants in any way, they'd be in big trouble.

#38 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 22 October 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

This isn't a McRib.

Let's put this into context.

You could get away with doing something like this.. if and only if you had enough "goodwill" to spend as a business to do that.

Had something like this happened say after "buying out IGP", you'd still get some backlash, but technically you could get away with it. Then again, they used it all up on Transverse. How did that work out?

I'm not saying whether I would endorse anything like this, but it's hard to "spend" whatever goodwill PGI has when CW/FW is not a thing.

When I speak of "giving slack", it's in the context that you've done a lot of good things in between that time, that once in a while... you can survive a screw up. We have FW Phase 3 being what it is... ontop of blowing up the minimap for a period... and having unworkable dropdeck designs for a bit too. You are not going to get enough "goodwill" by screwing up often like the MWOWC "rules" that they spent no time on initially.

This is just this year that these issues happened. Imagine compiling more from previous years for other things PGI has screwed up with. That Steam launch still hasn't helped the game either (no advertising will magically improve FP/NPE/etc.).

Edited by Deathlike, 22 October 2016 - 12:21 PM.

#39 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

I voted no because I'd only vote yes if I'd get anything out of it. If I thought PGI would put all preorder bonuses back for current mechpack orders, gold mechs and founders packs, then yes. Just phoenix, lol nope.

#40 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostBombast, on 22 October 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users