• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

I might have bought a Gold Summoner if:
1) PGI didn't go out of their way to make sur eit was gimped crap
2) I would prefer Burning Chrome, for a Metallic
3) If I had more money than common sense.

since none of the 3 apply.... no Shiny Summoner for me!

(And this is coming from a former top 1% Whale)

How about a pink kodiak.....Posted Image

#62 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

i think the old model megapacks need to be repackaged under the new model. this would also come with a viability rebalance pass. just bring them up to snuff, throw on a couple bonus varients, maybe an extra hero.

Wait... you want to spend at least $50 for 6 variants? (3 base, 2 reinforcements, 1 hero - this is the current system)

I remember spending $40 for 2 mech chassis and 3 variants each (each chassis having a mech that gives a C-bills bonus).

How far have people fallen?

Also, "rebalancing" tends to be in the form of initial mechpack deal powercreep (hello ACH and KDK).

Technically you could rebrand a different variant for the C-bill bonus and offer the other variants not in the original Phoenix Pack (which may have to include a hero for some variants) and get away with not being the original deal.

Then again, it's not happening.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 October 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:38 PM

View Postmartian, on 22 October 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

You answered your own question: Nobody wants the Golden Madcat, so nobody bothers with discussion if "limited edition" and "exclusive" actually means "limited edition" and "exclusive". Posted Image

and as I've pointed out multiple times in this very thread (among others) the very wording of the Sales Page for Phoenix makes that irrelevant.

"Project Phoenix will be available for a limited time only and once vaulted, these packages will never be made available again!"

How one want to try to define "exclusive" or "limited edition" is completely not important, because PGI spelled it out themselves on the sales page.

View PostHeavenward, on 22 October 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

How about a pink kodiak.....Posted Image

I already made those. (Because I can discern the difference between Pink and Magenta) so no $500 version needed.

Mind you, since they went and nerfed my KDK4 to almost Summoner levels, because the damn KDK3 was OP.........

*sigh*

Yes, that was the moment my wallet permanently closed.

#64 Heavenward

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

I already made those. (Because I can discern the difference between Pink and Magenta) so no $500 version needed.

Mind you, since they went and nerfed my KDK4 to almost Summoner levels, because the damn KDK3 was OP.........

*sigh*

Yes, that was the moment my wallet permanently closed.

Id be happy with a little rainbow decal.... but well i can only dream

#65 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 October 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

Wait... you want to spend at least $50 for 6 variants? (3 base, 2 reinforcements, 1 hero - this is the current system)

I remember spending $40 for 2 mech chassis and 3 variants each (each chassis having a mech that gives a C-bills bonus).

How far have people fallen?

Also, "rebalancing" tends to be in the form of initial mechpack deal powercreep (hello ACH and KDK).

Technically you could rebrand a different variant for the C-bill bonus and offer the other variants not in the original Phoenix Pack (which may have to include a hero for some variants) and get away with not being the original deal.

Then again, it's not happening.

still new player wants to buy an old mechpack. i have no problem with that. phoenix pack came with some baggage so you cant sell it as it was but you can repackage it. then expand it to all the classic mech packs. pgi stands to make larger profits as they can sell extra new varients. its also just a repack so minimal effort. frankly this has pgi written all over it.

#66 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 October 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

If PGI is going to cave into the whim of players who feel entitled access to things they missed I want a piece of the action too.

#67 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Here's a little link to help with understanding why PGI really should not re-release Founders or Phoenix[/color]
https://www.lawyersa...umer_fraud.html

But I don't expect that to get past people's entitlement filters, either.

Like i said.. Nerd rage over pixels is amazing..

I have had many of the so called limited, founders, pre-order, collectors, exlusive in game items, you can only get by buying now, i can't even count.. Almost all of which found there way into the normal players hands down the road. By either bundled into game of the year, or gets unlocked in a patch, or how ever it becomes available to others i have never in my life cared... In fact just the opposite.. I'm happy someone else gets enjoyment out of it.

But when the game finally ends... all your exclusive pixels will only exist in your screenshots..

PS, I wonder if i should be nerd raged because my pre-order exclusive Baldur's gate bonus disk that had a few extra stores, and a couple of items can now be had by all in the GoG release version of BG2... Maybe i should sue! My poor sweet Bonus disk, isn't worth the plastic it is printed on any more.... Now my retirement is screwed,, I was going to sell it on e-bay too!.. Maybe my collector Box and Cloth Map still have worth, wait, not selling that is frame worthy!.

You might have something if it was a limited item that was numbered for collectors, and it could be traded in real life.. But virtual item on a non-transferable account?

- Xan, "What ever...." -Baldur's Gate

Edited by JC Daxion, 22 October 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#68 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

still new player wants to buy an old mechpack. i have no problem with that. phoenix pack came with some baggage so you cant sell it as it was but you can repackage it. then expand it to all the classic mech packs. pgi stands to make larger profits as they can sell extra new varients. its also just a repack so minimal effort. frankly this has pgi written all over it.

Totally agree.. They could get a lot of millage out of it.. such a simple thing to do.. Heck they could even make a unique camo/color for the package.. And make the C-bill bonus mech a different one.. Like Jenner F, HBK-4SP, Catapult C4, Atlas DDC, for founders and pick 4 different ones for the phoenix group, i would add them but seeing i have no idea which ones are which i won't.. But maybe make um the 4 bonus mechs, what ever they were.

either way, it is a pretty simple thing to do,, get the texture person to make a new camo, and get it added to all 4 mechs, and add the C-bill boster, and put it in the package.. and Volia! 2 spiffy new 4 packs to add to their digital store..

#69 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

Nope!

#70 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

Do it.

So I can get some money back from this game. :)

#71 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

I would gladly sell you mine. I don't think I ever regretted spending money on anything more than on this pack. I have bought some useless things in my lifetime, but tis tops it all.

#72 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

again:

""Each package delivers both the Phoenix BattleMechs of each unique chassis type, plus two Standard Variants. See the package details here for the full readout on the package contents that accompany each tier. Project Phoenix will be available for a limited time only and once vaulted, these packages will never be made available again! A FAQ of the project can be found here. An official feedback thread can be found here.""

from the original sales announcement. "Never. Made. Available: Again".

IDK about you guys? But my dictionary says this:

"nev·er"
ˈnevər

adverb
at no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever.

And from a simple consumer legality standpoint, that is all the need be said about it. No matter how much folks want to argue, postulate, etc, their sales announcement was very specific in terms, and they would open themselves up to lawsuits, etc. Forget about "principal, entitlement, special snowflakes" and all the other little derogatory remarks Alistair cares to toss out to obfuscate the facts: Legally speaking, even if 99% of the Community said yes on a poll? They would STILL BE COMMITTING CONSUMER FRAUD.

And that is all that matters in this regard.

And sooner or later that promise gonna be broken, and then their will be a 2-4 day shitstorm on the forums and constant threats on twitter, etc., etc.

Does a little promise right now means anything right now I'm truly want to know, I care less about the mechpack since even if they do release the thing again I would be rarely playing most f them other than the Shadowhawks.

I'm just tossing out an idea, what's left of the people who still play this game keep the unique variants with unique geometry and crap, people over every year or two will have a variant with nice little paintjob, hell give the people who bought the phoenix pack first have unique decals and paint schemes only avilable to them.

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 22 October 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

totally misses point of what was said

well, whether your reading comprehension is naturally bad, or you ar ebeing intentionally obtuse, can't realyl tell, but since the actual point of what was said apparently went over your head like an SR71 blackbird, eh, whatever.

And nerdrage? Lol. Only people raging appear to be the one's crying because they can't have the package. Pointing out the reality as to WHY, is someone raging, to you? Wow.

#74 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

No one seems to have a problem with that. But it's hilarious to watch certain folks twist what is said, ignore reality, etc to try to make this into a big deal.

Mech Pack with (S) Editions for the Locust, Griffin, Shadowhawk, Wolverine and Battlemaster? No problem. Heck, Folks want the basic pack set up for all the existing chassis, including the Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, Atlas? GO FOR IT.

Re-release the Phoenix Pack (or Saber or Founders)? HELL NO.

But hey folks, keep misrepresenting things and lookign to pick fights for your entitlements sake.

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 22 October 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Yes, but that was the position of the voters at the time, and right around the time the primary clan omnis had increased laser duration and heat generation quirks applied, so there was added negative bias from the outrage. Plus, opinions can change as times and populations change, so no one poll taken in the past should be taken as absolute truth that spans all of time.

Just wanted to log in to point that out.

nope, but the terms of contract posted on a sale, should be. "Never again to be sold" means exactly that.

#76 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

No one seems to have a problem with that. But it's hilarious to watch certain folks twist what is said, ignore reality, etc to try to make this into a big deal.

Mech Pack with (S) Editions for the Locust, Griffin, Shadowhawk, Wolverine and Battlemaster? No problem. Heck, Folks want the basic pack set up for all the existing chassis, including the Jenner, Hunchback, Catapult, Atlas? GO FOR IT.

But hey folks, keep misrepresenting things and lookign to pick fights for your entitlements sake.

the way i see it, the meat of the package was already made available to everyone. you can buy a wad of mc, convert it to cbills, and buy all those phoenix mechs, or you can get it without paying at all (provided you own the mechbays). so is it really exclusive? whatever else that is unique to phoenix, i have no problem with those remaining as such.

repackaging the mechs under the new system is not reintroducing phoenix, its just a way to monetize that which any player can achieve through grind anyway. and that pack can introduce new elements that were not part of phoenix. something for the whales to convince them to buy the same mechs again.

for every few bucks thrown at the not-really-phoenix pack, thats another few days actual phoenix owners have to play the mechs that they bought. that exclusive thing you bought ends up going further.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 October 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#77 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 October 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

the way i see it, the meat of the package was already made available to everyone. you can buy a wad of mc, convert it to cbills, and buy all those phoenix mechs, or you can get it without paying at all (provided you own the mechbays). so is it really exclusive? whatever else that is unique to phoenix, i have no problem with those remaining as such.

repackaging the mechs under the new system is not reintroducing phoenix, its just a way to monetize that which any player can achieve through grind anyway. and that pack can introduce new elements that were not part of phoenix. something for the whales to convince them to buy the same mechs again.

for every few bucks thrown at the not-really-phoenix pack, thats another few days actual phoenix owners have to play the mechs that they bought. that exclusive thing you bought ends up going further.

still seem to be missing the point:

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

they want to release the pack sans the geo, paint, badges, etc, no issues. For about the 25th time on this thread alone.

#78 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

During the dark years that was 2012 to 2013, Bought the top Phoenix pack when it was offered. I was going to get a refund due to absolute lack of any communication from PGI in any way what so ever. I did not because the pack was "never going to be offered again" so I decided to not get a refund and keep my pack for that fact alone.

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostTKSax, on 22 October 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

During the dark years that was 2012 to 2013, Bought the top Phoenix pack when it was offered. I was going to get a refund due to absolute lack of any communication from PGI in any way what so ever. I did not because the pack was "never going to be offered again" so I decided to not get a refund and keep my pack for that fact alone.

what was so dark about 2012? All but like...2 months of it was Closed Beta, and while most felt the push to Open Beta was premature, I don't recall there being any major issues surrounding it.

2013? Well, yeah, that was the mother of all dumpster fires. I actually have to give PGI some props because they proved that something else beside cockroaches could survive a nuclear war, apparently.

#80 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 October 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

what was so dark about 2012? All but like...2 months of it was Closed Beta, and while most felt the push to Open Beta was premature, I don't recall there being any major issues surrounding it.

2013? Well, yeah, that was the mother of all dumpster fires. I actually have to give PGI some props because they proved that something else beside cockroaches could survive a nuclear war, apparently.

I was thinking The Phoenix back was released late 2012, or was it 2013? If it was late 2013, yes 2012 was fine and 2013 and the start or 2014 was a dumpster fire.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users