ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostTKSax, on 22 October 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

I was thinking The Phoenix back was released late 2012, or was it 2013? If it was late 2013, yes 2012 was fine and 2013 and the start or 2014 was a dumpster fire.

yeah, basically things were burning until about a month before Clan Invasion... then even with imbalance... seemed like end of 2014-2015 things were looking up..... then they return from holiday break in 2016.... and things just seem like they started to fall apart again... old habits and patterns resurfacing, all the nonsense around the Archer launch and the TH after were the first real WTF moments.... then seems like it's been in decline ever since. MM seemed off... bad matches seemed the norm, more so than ever, FW was dead, and then they pretty much blew up all the KDKs.... except the one that needed it.

I do wonder if the World Championship pulled so many teams and decent players away from normal play, and burned out so many people, if that is what killed FW and the overall match quality.

#82 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:02 AM

First of all, No. The Phoenix Pack needs to stay unavailable. It was a limited time exclusive, it needs to stay that way.

I also find it interesting that people will make huge rant threads on this forum about how PGI has done nothing but break promises, but will then turn around and beg PGI to break a promise about the Phoenix Pack. Integrity is EVERYTHING...well until it leaves a perceived hole in their Mechbay.

Anyway, How about something like this...

If people really want C-Bill boosted Phoenix Mechs, ask PGI to release a hero bundle (Pirate's Bane, Gray Death, Top Dog, and Hell Slinger) for a discount. You could get 3 C-Bill chassis variants per mech for free and one bonus camo pack as well. Something similar to that. I'm not sure what the price would be for such a package, but I'd assume in the $80 range.

In any case, the Phoenix Package is done and over, but some creative other packages would be ok.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 24 October 2016 - 02:04 AM.

#83 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 24 October 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

First of all, No. The Phoenix Pack needs to stay unavailable. It was a limited time exclusive, it needs to stay that way.

I also find it interesting that people will make huge rant threads on this forum about how PGI has done nothing but break promises, but will then turn around and beg PGI to break a promise about the Phoenix Pack. Integrity is EVERYTHING...well until it leaves a perceived hole in their Mechbay.

Anyway, How about something like this...

If people really want C-Bill boosted Phoenix Mechs, ask PGI to release a hero bundle (Pirate's Bane, Gray Death, Top Dog, and Hell Slinger) for a discount. You could get 3 C-Bill chassis variants per mech for free and one bonus camo pack as well. Something similar to that. I'm not sure what the price would be for such a package, but I'd assume in the $80 range.

In any case, the Phoenix Package is done and over, but some creative other packages would be ok.

Don't want the heroes, otherwise I'd just get the Mastery Packs. I used to purchase hero mechs a long time ago, then realized how garbage they were for the most part. Won't be purchasing another one ever again.

And it's digital content, you guys are acting like this limited edition mech pack has some sort of value that's normally placed on a physical item to be sold later. Sigh....

#84 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 26 October 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Don't want the heroes, otherwise I'd just get the Mastery Packs. I used to purchase hero mechs a long time ago, then realized how garbage they were for the most part. Won't be purchasing another one ever again.

And it's digital content, you guys are acting like this limited edition mech pack has some sort of value that's normally placed on a physical item to be sold later. Sigh....

Posted Image

If you claim something will be for a limited time only, you do NOT go back and sell it later. This is coming from someone that didn't buy it, and I can tell you straight up: It would be a TERRIBLE idea. Just discounting the player satisfaction dropping for those that bought it originally, can you realize the legal trouble they could get into for it? The risks far outweigh the rewards, especially considering the fact that whales are one of the few things keeping this game afloat.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users