Kdk-Sb God Mode!

43 replies to this topic

#21 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostArugela, on 23 October 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

Here is one more oriented towards faction play. Obviously it needs to stay at long range. and it could use targeting support.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...024e50860ffb21a

Has better heat and all teal blue stuff coming out of it everywhere. Posted Image

Could be nice for getting those big special targets off the map during an enemy charge... Keep it at 600+ meters for max effectiveness.

Oh a Faction Play loadout! Nice! I cant stop smiling! You brought an untold burst of happiness to my day!

View PostBluttrunken, on 23 October 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

This kinda works out as a LRM boat:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0202d23648ada56

can replace Gauss with lasers but lower mounts and less heat efficient. Masc gives it something most Assault LRM boats lack: the ability to reposition quickly. That's not only to evade enemy fire but also to adjust your angle.

^This mech better showcases the strengths of the kodiak while also staying under ghost heat thresholds!

#22 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

How about this then?

It's a modification of the guass build.
DeathStarBear

Ohh! I didn't realize LRM had ghost heat. I was thinking they were on the immune list.. It's not like they bother to put any of this info in the game in any specific way so anyone has a half a chance of figuring it out. Nothing beyond a little warning in the corner that is about as vague as anything could possibly be. And it'ss hard to see half the time.

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#23 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

While I stated in one of your previous posts Arugela that MWO Game mechanic may not always have much to do with common sense there are several severe tactical game logic failures in your builds.

-- Capital failure: Never pack all your ammo in one zone. This goes especialy for clan mechs due to case in every zone.
Case does not protect your mech from ammo explosions or any equipment from damage from ammo explosions.
CASE only stops the explosion dmg from spreading to adjaced zones when the explosion has consumed all armor and structure of the zone where it went of. Ammo in CT and Head will be used first so put ammo there if possible.

-- Capital failure number 2: Against wide spread belive large clan lrm launchers have the same weakness as IS ones. Their spread leads to an automated miss rate of >30% per launcher. Artemis compensates for this if the targeted mech is within LOS from firing till impact any interruption in sightline will nullifie the Artemis effect. This is the actually valid reason why you use an amassment of smaler than possible launchers. 5- (0.3*5)= 3.5 round up 4 --> 20% loss

-- cTCs (Clan Targeting Computers) don't have any effect on LRMs. They speed up targeting. That meens they speed up the process of aquiring paperdoll data not helping with lock on time.

#24 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

To add to the great info Basilisk has already stated:

Targeting computers can be placed in the arms, since you dont loose their effects when they are destroyed.

For clan mechs, many pilots like to place ammo in the same components as where their weapons are stored... If you loose the place where the weapons are, then you dont need the ammo anymore right?

#25 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

Found a snapshot of this build I rushed together after KDK release. Actually did try SB as this LRM boat. Was an Atlas for years. CQ is not what it used to be early on....so what the heck. Have a little fun. Not the greatest build (I'm sure it will be torn apart Posted Image ) but if you stick with group, don't fire on everything that blips for a second on the screen, try for LoS with good positioning you'll get some good matches. Missiles will last longer through the match and hit with better accuracy. (also Radar Dep, etc)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...596910f2beed6cf

Also had some fun with WHK-B with LRM's when taking a break from dakka/lasers/srm's:
50 tubes + 5 X MPL's. Last match only had 2 kills - one with LRM's, one with MPL's
Posted Image

Edited by Chill Bill, 23 October 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#26 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

The targeting computer is a replacement for the masc. It was mod of the other guys build and he used the tc for a masc.

Just an FYI.

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#27 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostArugela, on 23 October 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

The targeting computer is a replacement for the masc. It was mod of the other guys build and he used the tc for a masc.

Just an FYI.

(My tip on the TC was a secret I wanted to share with you)

#28 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:41 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 23 October 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Targeting computers can be placed in the arms, since you dont loose their effects when they are destroyed.

Wait what? I learned something very useful from this! Thank you, ASK!

Cheers!

#29 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostBluttrunken, on 23 October 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

This kinda works out as a LRM boat:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0202d23648ada56

can replace Gauss with lasers but lower mounts and less heat efficient. Masc gives it something most Assault LRM boats lack: the ability to reposition quickly. That's not only to evade enemy fire but also to adjust your angle. (TC4 replaces the Masc in smurfy. couldn't find masc there.)

That build has a ton of wasted slots you can put ferro on it for another free 3 tons and have 3 slots still open. Might want to try that one again.

#30 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 23 October 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Wait, what? Posted Image Really?! I have some builds to rejig... THANKS! Posted Image

#31 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 24 October 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Wait, what? Posted Image Really?! I have some builds to rejig... THANKS! Posted Image

You will still see a message "TC Destroyed" but that doesnt remove its benefits.

You will notice, your weapons max ranges dont change, your zoom levels will be unaffected, and your projectile velocities will stay consistent.

Enjoy

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 24 October 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#32 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

I have something more conservative for the SB:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...765cce6a6ae7ffa

Going around their back with Masc is really effective. They don't see it coming because they expect you to take longer.

Posted Image

#33 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

normally when I see a Spirit Bear loaded with LRMs I call it a "Shame Bear."

What you have built is somehow worse than a shame bear...

#34 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostArugela, on 31 October 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Going around their back with Masc is really effective. They don't see it coming because they expect you to take longer.

Posted Image

Great job! Srms and a big Ballistic

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 31 October 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#35 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 31 October 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

normally when I see a Spirit Bear loaded with LRMs I call it a "Shame Bear."

What you have built is somehow worse than a shame bear...

Well then, I'll have to make the next one a pop out bear with PPC's and max LERM with UAC2.

#36 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

wanna have a friendly duel between shame bears?

#37 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:37 PM

LRM mode for a Kodiak ?..... Id go with this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cde64ded95ffc70

#38 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:55 AM

View PostArugela, on 31 October 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Try also with a LBX-20. It's absolutely devastating...

#39 Kalle Grabowski

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:43 AM

Noone really needs a 100t Backstabbing-Bear with LRM. Who assaults the enemy team thenPosted Image ? Mediums? Lights or Heavys instead of the Assault-Mechs? That is your JobPosted Image ! Break the enemy's DefensePosted Image ! Those Kodiacs are pretty fast - that is good for pushingPosted Image . Your Build reduces your teams pushing momentum by 100 tonsPosted Image . Better fit your SB with Short-Range Weaponry and push your enemy as hellPosted Image !

Look at my Hellbringer Posted Image --> without fullskill or premiumtime and not a single Missile in it! Believe if you play with face to face weapons you surely have much more fun in mwo and you get more kills!
LRM = BOREDOMPosted Image

Posted Image

#40 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostKalle Grabowski, on 02 November 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

Look at my Hellbringer Posted Image --> without fullskill or premiumtime and not a single Missile in it!

You are also in tier4.. toss on ECM and you will triple your damage!

Edited by Boogie138, 02 November 2016 - 12:56 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users