Beer drinkers what are you drinkin?

80 replies to this topic

#61 BlueDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I like a pint of Guiness draught when I go out. When I was in the UK I liked Kimberlys Best Bitter. Stella Artois is good, IMO. When I'm at home I drink cheap stuff, usually Bud Ice.

#62 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Tried a couple of XX (dos equis?) "Amber" last night, was pretty good.
@ El Fenix [Dallas] McKinney and Pearl
wish I had some Einbecker, from Einbeck
Einbecker Bier is the bomb

#63 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostHolmes, on 17 December 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

You guys are whining about beer in Europe tasting bad? I'm a huge patriot and I still know the mass marketed American beer like Coors Light is absolute gold lager horse ****. I'll still drink 30 of em over a cigar because I'm a man that beats on my chest and howls at the moon, (that's very normal in America), but the European "bad" beer can't be THAT bad.

Fair to say, crap American beer is as bad as crap European beer. Carling, Carlsberg...others are equally as bad as miller or bud. if not slightly worse.
There was a point where every bar had just cheap lager pump. it was terrible, but now even 'trendy' (whatever that means) bars normally have at least a decent lager on tap, if not actual honest good ale.

For some reason I am thinking back to when I went to the Adnams brewery in Norfolk; they have a hotel bar there called The Swan (I think...) and they literally pump the beer into the bar directly from the brewery. which, for a bigger brewer and not a micro, is pretty unusual. And great beer.

MMmmmmm Adnams Broadside....

Happy days.

Edited by Mchawkeye, 17 December 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#64 ManiacMike

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands (Friesland)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

The best beer is the next one I always thought....

The one I drink at home : Grolsch

#65 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostManiacMike, on 17 December 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

The best beer is the next one I always thought....

The one I drink at home : Grolsch

I hopped on this forum just to make a mention of Grolsch... beat me to it!!

It's definitely one of the better beers I've had, and a grocery store in Texas even sells it in small kegs.

Lately I've had a taste for simple Budweiser; that paired up with red beans n rice makes for a good evening meal.

#66 revanus

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

How did we get to page four without a single mention only two mentions of Yuengling?

Yuengling is a great "go-to" beer. It sells like a cheap macro, but tastes like an actual beer. The "Traditional" is a great standby.

If you like dark beer, try the Black and Tan sometime. It'll blow your mind for what a cheap American beer can taste like.

Edited by revanus, 17 December 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#67 Holmes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

View Postrevanus, on 17 December 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

How did we get to page four without a single mention only two mentions of Yuengling?

Yuengling is a great "go-to" beer. It sells like a cheap macro, but tastes like an actual beer. The "Traditional" is a great standby.

If you like dark beer, try the Black and Tan sometime. It'll blow your mind for what a cheap American beer can taste like.

I'm drinking a Yuengling AS I TYPE THIS. The regular lager one. Black and Tan and Porter are good, but the regular, like you said, is the same price as much shittier beer, yet actually easy to go down. It's a pity it doesn't sell in every State, I'm glad it does in mine.

#68 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

not beer at the moment but I am sipping on some Pendleton in a chilled glass, man its hitting the spot.

#69 Wolf Hreda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHesperia, CA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Stella Artois and Killian's Irish Red. More of a liquor guy, though. Made my annual holiday treat a couple days ago. Apple pie: A gallon of apple juice, 3 cinnamon sticks, some apple pie spice, Buttershots, goldschlager, and Everclear. Fantastic stuff. Tastes just like apple pie. And it's potent. Other than that, Jaegermeister, Gentleman Jack, gin (Tangueray or Seagram's). Love it. Don't pilot drunk everybody.

#70 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

View PostWolf Hreda, on 17 December 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Stella Artois and Killian's Irish Red. More of a liquor guy, though. Made my annual holiday treat a couple days ago. Apple pie: A gallon of apple juice, 3 cinnamon sticks, some apple pie spice, Buttershots, goldschlager, and Everclear. Fantastic stuff. Tastes just like apple pie. And it's potent. Other than that, Jaegermeister, Gentleman Jack, gin (Tangueray or Seagram's). Love it. Don't pilot drunk everybody.

Don't pilot drunk?
Where the hell is the fun in that?

#71 sadamle

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

James Squire - Golden Ale. Good Drop.

#72 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Tonight we have the Long Hammer IPA (Redhook Brewery)
and Double-Take Amber

#73 Wolf Hreda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHesperia, CA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostMchawkeye, on 17 December 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

Don't pilot drunk?
Where the hell is the fun in that?

Good point. However, I would feel terrible if my inebriated trigger finger allowed a PPC to flatten low income housing. Maybe. Eh, if they didn't want to go like that, they should've had their own "Mechs.

#74 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Coopers
Steinlager Pure
Monteiths Celtic Red

and if im goin cheap - Speights

#75 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Mac & Jacks, hey it's got a lion on it! or any German beer

#76 Revolt

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Victoria, Corona, Pacifico, Negra, Modelo, Estrella..

#77 Andrew Harvey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCornfield, Indiana

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostBlackfire1, on 11 December 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

I'm a big fan of Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock, Belgian quads, and on a light occasions Belgian white ales (blue moon if I want to go cheap). I tend to shift towards lagers more then ales. Samual Adams does make a nice brew every once in awhile. But they've always been hit or miss with me.

There was this imperial stout I tried back in Michigan called "dark lord" It was from an Indiana company that I don't know if is even still around. Hand bottled. It was yummmy but thick, black, almost evil. lol Rich in vanilla, chocolate cherry, and something else I couldn't pick up.

For those who want to learn more of beer here is a great review site: http://beeradvocate.com

Three Floyds is the brewery I believe, and they're definitely still around. The 'Dark Lord' is amazing, but it's a once-a-year brew unfortunately. They've got other great beer year round though, Alpha King and Robert the Bruce being two of my favorites. I'd recommend them to anyone.

I'm actually really lucky since I live only minutes away from the place. Having a friend who works there also has its benefits.

#78 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

So many Americans here complain that they can't get good beer... RUBBISH!

Come to Oregon - we have more breweries, per capita, than Germany! Yeah, that's right... We Oregonians are beerier than Germans. Heck, we're practically responsible for bringing the IPA back to life and making it a popular drinker's drink.

(I know, my favorite beer is from Colorado, but that's beside the point...)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 07 January 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#79 Bophades

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAlshain Station, Snowbird Tavern. Draconis Combine

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Shiner Bock baby, all day every day.

#80 Soturi05

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am currently drinking some Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale that i got in a gift set for christmas, came with a coaster and a glass as well. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users