Where Are The Following Weapon Systems...

Weapons Balance

38 replies to this topic

#21 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 25 October 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's actually 2016 and the guy (or girl) who knew how to code them left the company.

Real world > BT world, in some cases.

A lot of these would be coded the same way as things we have in game already, only with their stats changed. PGI just doesn't want to deal with balancing new stuff when the dartboard still hasn't succeeded in balancing what we've already got.

Edited by Livestick, 25 October 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#22 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

We need a decade jump in MWO really badly.

Why:

IS by 3060 have, that MWO is missing:

Heavy PPC, Light PPC, Snub Nosed ppc, Plasma rifle, Ultra AC/2 /10 /20, LBX 2/5/20, rotary ac/2 and /5, light gauss rifle, heavy gauss rifle, heavy machinegun, streak srm 4/6, MRM 10/20/30/40, Multi missile launcher 3/5/7/9, rocket launcher 10/15/20, long tom, Sniper, and Thumper, PPC inhibitor toggles, heavy/light ferro fibrous, Stealth armor, XL/compact/heavyduty gyros, XXL engines, Light engines, compact engines, Blue Shield Particle Field Damper, Triple strength myomer, melee weapons of all sorts that completely replace arms, shields, quadruped rigs for increasing tonnage at cost of max critical slots, IS targeting computers, and Targeting computers that actually take tonnage per 5 tons of equipment it's linked to rather than just being a ton per rating.

#23 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostLivestick, on 25 October 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

A lot of these would be coded the same way as things we have in game already, only with their stats changed. PGI just doesn't want to deal with balancing new stuff when the dartboard still hasn't succeeded in balancing what we've already got.

So they're that lazy that they can't balance IS SSRM4/6s vs IS/Clan SRM/SSRMs that already exist in game?

#24 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostTibbnak, on 25 October 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

We need a decade jump in MWO really badly.

I prefer a step by step introduction. Some new weapons should be easy enough to balance and would help a lot, especially Streaks. LB-Xs are, well, LB-Xs and would not do much harm. UACs however might be more difficult to balance if they keep the IS UAC/5 mechanics. Nonetheless I would welcome them all.

On the other hand, stuff like the Heavy Gauss Rifle is downright scary and I am not sure if I want it in-game. Note: I am not strictly against them, but I want a sensible way of balancing them. Can PGI handle that?

Lastly, there is the Binary Laser Cannon which I would like very much.

View PostBombast, on 25 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Though... yah, kind of weird. We're getting a guaranteed 1 year jump when the Bushwacker is introduced.

PGI loophole #51:

The earliest variant counts. And indeed the Somerset Strikers had one Bushwacker operational as early as 3050 - presumably a preproduction model though (itself the basis for the unique hero Mech, I guess...).
I personally don't mind that much; I am more concerned with the non-canon variants of the unnecessary reinforcement pack.

Edited by FLG 01, 25 October 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#25 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

Everyone seems to be forgetting that ATMs should exist, and would give so many new loadout options for Clan mechs. That makes me a bit disappointed, honestly.

Posted Image

#26 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

MW4 Mercs. A rear view cam with 3 different drone views would be nice too.

Edited by Xmith, 25 October 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#27 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostXmith, on 25 October 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

MW4 Mercs. A rear view cam with 3 different views would be nice too.

Still waiting for HTAL. I would LOVE to be able to tell how much health I actually have instead of having to rely on the shades of yellow/red we have, which are completely unreliable due to me being colorblind.

#28 Carlieth

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

I was looking forward to thunder Lrm's myself. Missiles designed to be better if hit by ams systems. If I recall when they get destroyed they end up deploying mines all around. leading to some hilarity on both sides of the teams. Leg damage all around folks. And they are present before the battle of Tykayid or however its spelled. (Clan invasion of inner sphere) Ummmmm.......

Ahh found the book. Blood Name Jade Phoenix Saga Book 2 In the trial of refusal. Would love having those in my viper. Speed around chucking mines at people, yes please.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

we do actually get some weapons in 3054, unfortunately most of them are lerm variants.

also not sure to believe the timeline (3054) or the weapon entry (3060) for atms. depending on how you interpret "introduced" you could very well bring them in next year.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 October 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#30 Digous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts
  • LocationThrough the deepest void, a blackened paradise i walk alone.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 25 October 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

I prefer a step by step introduction. Some new weapons should be easy enough to balance and would help a lot, especially Streaks. LB-Xs are, well, LB-Xs and would not do much harm. UACs however might be more difficult to balance if they keep the IS UAC/5 mechanics. Nonetheless I would welcome them all.

On the other hand, stuff like the Heavy Gauss Rifle is downright scary and I am not sure if I want it in-game. Note: I am not strictly against them, but I want a sensible way of balancing them. Can PGI handle that?

Lastly, there is the Binary Laser Cannon which I would like very much.

PGI loophole #51:

The earliest variant counts. And indeed the Somerset Strikers had one Bushwacker operational as early as 3050 - presumably a preproduction model though (itself the basis for the unique hero Mech, I guess...).
I personally don't mind that much; I am more concerned with the non-canon variants of the unnecessary reinforcement pack.

lbx would not do much harm? you should see them in mw4 ^~

Edited by Digous, 26 October 2016 - 04:31 AM.

#31 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:14 AM

View PostDigous, on 26 October 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Do you see mass usage of Clan LB-X in the game, now? No?

Same result for the IS versions.

#32 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

Everyone in this thread talking about how it would be "easy to balance new weapons" when they have yet to balance the existing content of the game. No offense to PGI, I love this game, but I think we need to focus on what he currently have rather than busting out half-baked new content.

Edited by Huron Fal, 26 October 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#33 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:46 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 25 October 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting that ATMs should exist, and would give so many new loadout options for Clan mechs. That makes me a bit disappointed, honestly.

IS LB-X, Ultra, and ER range before wonky Clan missile systems.

Also MRMs, technically, though I imagine those would be a nightmare to balance. Unless everyone's cool with Catapults dumping 80+ MRMs a trigger pull at point blank range being the new meta.

#34 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostDigous, on 26 October 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Just so you know...this isn't MW4 (or "your father's Mechwarrior").

#35 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

I would prefer never seeing those weapons in the game. PGI has not balanced the current weapons yet.

#36 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

There is no timeline. We get new weapons whenever PGI feels like it. At the moment, Paul is still looking at spreadsheets, manually adding the damage everyone has done with MGs lately in order to calculate the average damage and decide if MGs need to be normalized.

I used to say "Let PGI balance the current set of weapons first" but I think it's increasingly evident that the progress is slowing down and the game is growing stale

#37 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 26 October 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

I would prefer never seeing those weapons in the game. PGI has not balanced the current weapons yet.

They never will balance the game though, so why should the players suffer for that? Give us new weapons already.

#38 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 26 October 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

They never will balance the game though, so why should the players suffer for that? Give us new weapons already.

Alright, but only if they're strictly worse than current offerings

You need to suffer, if you want these, before fixing current stuff

#39 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 October 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Alright, but only if they're strictly worse than current offerings

You need to suffer, if you want these, before fixing current stuff

Fair enough, so long as PGI openly details before launching the new weapons that they will indeed be worse than current offerings. Otherwise, you're going to end up with a bunch of pilots like this as soon as they get a feel for the new weapons:

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users