• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostZoose, on 28 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

PGI you are a bunch of potatoes

LMFAO PRICELESS

Edited by Terrorsdawn, 28 October 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#22 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

View PostZoose, on 28 October 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

PGI you are a bunch of potatoes!

Can you please pay us for the hours wasted organising these team emblems at short notice kthxbi!

View PostTerrorsdawn, on 28 October 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

LMFAO PRICELESS

How does this help ?

You go negative/personal/name calling PGI will not respond.

Edited by live1991, 28 October 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#23 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:09 PM

View Postlive1991, on 28 October 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

How does this help ?

With what I wanted to say about the whole roll out and screw up I think my comments were a good compromise.

There is no explanation that can be given by PGI that makes this decision a reasonable decision. They had already had several issues with the original roll out which took away from what was originally a good news story (and PGI have very few of these). These issues included giving Decals to the wrong people and making everyone who painted their mechs straight after the release repaint all their mechs again because they striped everyone of the decal to fix the initial issue.

PGI should write a book on how to ruin a great project idea with a bad delivery, bad comms and no ability to problem solve live issues.

#24 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

View Postlive1991, on 28 October 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

How does this help ?

To be honest under normal circumstances I would agree with you. Being negative and name calling is no way to bring about change.

Now that being said I have little to no hope of changing anything in regards to what PGI does or is doing with this game. I have had a great time participating in the MWOWC not because of PGI but because of the community. The players, referees and commentators are the only good thing I have to talk about from this experience. The lack of effort and forethought demonstrated by PGI is a good indicator of what kinda of change, improvement and resolution to what's happened we will see.

So in the end what good did it do when Zoose called PGI potatoes? I really did have a good laugh. I laughed so hard my eyes watered and I almost fell off my chair. I felt better because I was reminded it's the community that keeps me logging into this game.

#25 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

Remember this is about raising our concerns and frustrations on this ongoing development. So, bickering and going off on one another does nothing but make this topic be ignored AND give an excuse,for this thread to be locked/closed, stay on topic and provide your thoughts without being childish and petty.

#26 Voxsera Hazen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Well, when the news broke and i told my team members on a chat group...Lets say most of us were pretty upset about it.

I can understand removing those decals that might have a copyright issue and those teams can opt out of having the decal removed. However, for the rest of us without those issues, why aren't we allowed to at least have our decals? It's one of the best things I've got in this game, and I've been here since the start.

The cockpit items and proceeds from the sale, tbh, i couldn't care that much - if we do get a cut, fine, if we don't - no matter for me. I'm sure most of my team would agree there. Having the hanging item is a nice touch, but the decals are my main concern - I would like to at least be able to keep that ONE item.

Hopefully, PGI would be able to confer with each team captain, to inject decals to those that want them, and have no copyright issues. Not sure what the limitation in the software is - since there is the ability to inject those 15 regional finalists, and not inject the others that might have gotten one, maybe its a duplication of code 15 or 36 times, maybe we will get an answer soon.

TLDR : Give us the decals that have no copyright issues, please and thank you!

#27 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

I think this entire tournament is a bunch of malarkey. All the headaches and heartache people had to put up with...the fact that the schedules wasn't made live until AFTER teams signed up, and the fact that we had a number of teams actually leave the tournament over it shows testament to PGI's utter gross disconnect with its own community.

This game wasn't made for tournament play, and it will never be E-Sports-ever. I don't see throngs of people tuning in to watch giant fighting robots blow the crap out of each other. In fact, I see people running the other way.

Edited by Commander A9, 29 October 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#28 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

View Postzaku2142, on 29 October 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Remember this is about raising our concerns and frustrations on this ongoing development. So, bickering and going off on one another does nothing but make this topic be ignored AND give an excuse,for this thread to be locked/closed, stay on topic and provide your thoughts without being childish and petty.

You must be new here. I originally thought like you and then released after several of issues came and went PGI ignore us anyway, whether we provide all positive and constructive feedback or not.

While my comments are on the emotive side they are constructive. PGI needs to employ someone who actually understands what the best practice when rolling out projects to the customer base and how to handle comms around sensitive issues. Providing very little in the way of reasoning for the removal of content makes the customer draw their own conclusion, which includes entertaining the possibility that no real comms were released because its an indefensible decision.

Again a lot of people spent a lot of time on the Decal from our teams prospective and TBH I considered it one of the better things PGI had done but it appears now it was a massive waste of everyone's time. At the very least, if they do restore those who are not subject to complaints or copyright issues. it would still be the third time I have had to repaint about 50 mechs which is not done in 30 minutes!

Edited by Zoose, 29 October 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#29 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostZoose, on 29 October 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

You must be new here. I originally thought like you and then released after several of issues came and went PGI ignore us anyway, whether we provide all positive and constructive feedback or not.

While my comments are on the emotive side they are constructive. PGI needs to employ someone who actually understands what the best practice when rolling out projects to the customer base and how to handle comms around sensitive issues. Providing very little in the way of reasoning for the removal of content makes the customer draw their own conclusion, which includes entertaining the possibility that no real comms were released because its an indefensible decision.

Again a lot of people spent a lot of time on the Decal from our teams prospective and TBH I considered it one of the better things PGI had done but it appears now it was a massive waste of everyone's time. At the very least, if they do restore those who are not subject to complaints or copyright issues. it would still be the third time I have had to repaint about 50 mechs which is not done in 30 minutes!

After PGI requested we redo ours, i paid someone to create the logo.

i am 100% dishearten by PGI actions, as they have not given a valid reason why.

#30 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

View Postlive1991, on 28 October 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

To be fair and keeping the facts, the email never said it was for a decals

PGI said:

Although we do not know who the confirmed Top 5 Teams of your Region are yet, it is important that you give us your Team Emblem Logo before the Round Robin phase ends so we can begin implementing the logo's into the cockpit item and other things that we are creating for the Top 5 Teams of each Region.

No not exactly but in the end it wasnt the decals that undid the deal, it was the fact that PGI sold those designs without understanding that a particular design was in use based on an explicit condition not to be used for profit.

Another success story for PGI's money grab attempts, and to think I was about to drop another $100 on this game.

#31 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

If you want to get PGI to maybe change the decision they made you will need to get a larger part of the MWO community engaged. I would suggest starting a petition in the general discussion part of the forms asking for everyone to sign up by leaving a post in the thread showing their support for the Tournament participants to get the unit decals back. I would even sign it in a respectfull manner.

#32 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

I legitimately hope PGI doesn't reverse their decision. The whine you guys are making over decals in a video game..

#33 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:30 PM

Actually Tina does say explicitly that we were getting decals:

http://mwomercs.com/...-the-standings/

#34 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 29 October 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Actually Tina does say explicitly that we were getting decals:

http://mwomercs.com/...-the-standings/

Not in the email, i only found out about that post after the rejected our logo for being too busy.

Most teams do not read the forums, so this is another communication problem from PGI, there website needs to match there emails so there is no confusion

#35 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

Forums should be first port of call for players and PGI alike. Emails are a nice courtesy but shouldnt be relied on for information.

#36 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 29 October 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Forums should be first port of call for players and PGI alike. Emails are a nice courtesy but shouldnt be relied on for information.

When we signed up we where asked from a team email address for all contact ??

#37 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:39 AM

Ok so I took my own advise and started a petition in the general discussion part of the forum. I kept it simple and respectful and hope to drum up and gain the voices of non tournament community members. Feel free to add your names with a post and hopefully it keeps gaining attention.

#38 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

Give back the teams their decals, it's the right thing to do. Enough said..

Edited by Alteran, 30 October 2016 - 07:44 AM.

#39 1 21 Giggawatts

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

Wow, i go on holiday for a few days and miss all the drama! Our logo was created by an EK member Mryyden (doing a bloody great job at very short notice I might add!)

I would be very surprised if he wasnt happy to hand over IP rights of it to PGI and MWO - however I will confirm and let you know.

That being the case and if IP rights no longer an issue with our logo - if PGI could release the decal to team members or even make it available for MC in general - that would make us all very happy mechwarriors, #BringBackTheDecalsOrTheUrbieGetsIt!

#40 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 29 October 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

No not exactly but in the end it wasnt the decals that undid the deal, it was the fact that PGI sold those designs without understanding that a particular design was in use based on an explicit condition not to be used for profit.

Another success story for PGI's money grab attempts, and to think I was about to drop another $100 on this game.

Are you saying the players had some sort of official agreement with the institution and are, somehow, using a satire of their logo with permission as long as there is no profit? You do know Weird Al doesn't have to get artist's permission to satirize their work, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users