Posted Image

#4 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

What happened is there's not enough islands to accommodate everyone.

#5 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:40 AM

Just look in the bucket -- Solaris is there.

#6 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:09 AM

People are so hyped about mechcon, if they don't deliver all these people will be disappointed. So... Whats new about that?

MechCon will be the anouncement of marauder MK2 - you heared it here first.

#7 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 04 November 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

People are so hyped about mechcon, if they don't deliver all these people will be disappointed. So... Whats new about that?

Actually we've heard it since mechcon was announced. For reference see...oh every mechon thread for the last several months. :)

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 04 November 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

Who's hyped about MechCon? Mostly, I'm hearing sarcasm because PGI is trying unsuccessfully to get people hyped about MechCon.

#9 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostTercieI, on 04 November 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Who's hyped about MechCon? Mostly, I'm hearing sarcasm because PGI is trying unsuccessfully to get people hyped about MechCon.

you know this how? Mechcon has more than just PGI attending, you do know that right? its not their job anyway to promote mechcon

#10 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,838 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

It's under this Stormtrooper's helmet

Posted Image

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 November 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

you know this how? Mechcon has more than just PGI attending, you do know that right? its not their job anyway to promote mechcon

"Mostly, I'm hearing..." Commenting on what I've heard from other players, here, Reddit, TS.

And it's not their job to promote their own event? LOL.

#12 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostN0ni, on 04 November 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

What happened is there's not enough islands to accommodate everyone.

What I thought I put enough Islands on this planet.
Dang it, where's my cosmic spatula?
Oh and Aerotech is coming........

Edited by Novakaine, 04 November 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

It's hard to get excited about Solaris before we know anything about it. #mechcon

When PGI said they were making CW, they did paint a rather exaggerated picture of what they wanted to do, granted. They said they wanted to have 100 different features and they delivered about 10 of them. But at least there was something to get excited about, even if people lost faith as time went on. We could at least be cautiously optimistic about there being an endgame or famous units to join, one day in the future.

With Solaris, we have zero information, so there's nothing really to keep your fingers crossed about, even. Maybe Solaris will just be free-for-all deathmatch on Polar Highlands, with a big Solaris horn that toots when someone dies. And then PGI says "job well done!" and pats themselves on the back for more content delivered as promised.

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 November 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

It's hard to get excited about Solaris before we know anything about it. #mechcon

When PGI said they were making CW, they did paint a rather exaggerated picture of what they wanted to do, granted. They said they wanted to have 100 different features and they delivered about 10 of them. But at least there was something to get excited about, even if people lost faith as time went on. We could at least be cautiously optimistic about there being an endgame or famous units to join, one day in the future.

With Solaris, we have zero information, so there's nothing really to keep your fingers crossed about, even. Maybe Solaris will just be free-for-all deathmatch on Polar Highlands, with a big Solaris horn that toots when someone dies. And then PGI says "job well done!" and pats themselves on the back for more content delivered as promised.

The last official comment from Russ was during the June (or maybe it was July) town hall where he nonchalantly said Solaris was "on hold" because they could not get the replay function to work. One comment. No follow up questions. Since then, I don't believe he has given any further status update, yet certain members of this community keep mentioning that Solaris is inevitably coming, and soonTM. Why they believe this, I have no idea.

#15 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 November 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

Um, it's *their* conference, it's absolutely their job to promote their conference. SMH.

#16 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 November 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

1v1 = "Smaller Buckets"

Smaller buckets = less derp (in numbers) on the field.

Smaller buckets = less "work" for MM to deal with.

Smaller buckets = more spectators for e-sport

Smaller buckets.... because buckets.

#17 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Ya know, I really don't understand people getting so tweaked off at Russ/Piranha over the 'Buckets' issue.

First of all, eliminating splintering in your limited playerbase is a logical and reasonable step to take when, prior to that, every third thread in your forums was "THE MATCHMAKER STINKS!"

Second of all, there are so many other things that make so much more sense to get hot-n-bothered about.

#18 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 November 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

The last official comment from Russ was during the June (or maybe it was July) town hall where he nonchalantly said Solaris was "on hold" because they could not get the replay function to work. One comment. No follow up questions. Since then, I don't believe he has given any further status update, yet certain members of this community keep mentioning that Solaris is inevitably coming, and soonTM. Why they believe this, I have no idea.

And last comment on PVE was that they have "a guy" working on AI for the Academy tutorial, and this will be useful for PVE down the line.

That was about six months ago, I think? I can't even remember. Russ did say that he wanted to keep MWO alive for many years to come and create some kind of MW2:Mercs campaign, but... unless they're actually working on that, it doesn't really matter. As of right now, there's no evidence of them working on anything related to PVE or Solaris. And those things are the only content I'm looking for, right now.

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

View Post1453 R, on 04 November 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Ya know, I really don't understand people getting so tweaked off at Russ/Piranha over the 'Buckets' issue.

Its not so much being "tweaked off" as it is shocked and appalled by the utter lack of awareness of the underlying problems that have lead to the reduced player count (at least in CW) and resulted in the need to combine the buckets in the first place. I.e. the game is so unappealing that players have fled it, leading to the need to reduce buckets, so those still sticking it out don't have to wait hours for a match, and yet he insists that "the core game play is fine".

"Tweaked off?" No, that isn't nearly strong enough to indicate the absolute absurdity of this situation.

Edited by Bud Crue, 04 November 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#20 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:37 AM

View Post1453 R, on 04 November 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

First of all, eliminating splintering in your limited playerbase is a logical and reasonable step to take when, prior to that, every third thread in your forums was "THE MATCHMAKER STINKS!"
Second of all, there are so many other things that make so much more sense to get hot-n-bothered about.

I see it like this.

Imagine PGI is making a theme park. And all the rides and restaurants are absolute crap. Nobody is having a good time.

Then PGI has a "round table" to discuss how to fix the theme park. And all they want to talk about is how to reduce the queue time and buy more ticket vendors and coupon machines. They're not talking about the rides or the restaurants, because "if everyone is stuck in the queues, that stuff doesn't matter anyway".

That's a logical statement, but it doesn't change the fact that all the rides and restaurants are still absolute crap. So it doesn't generate any interest. All those angry customers who feel ripped off aren't going to celebrate shorter queues to the crappy animatronic ghost house anyway.

As usual, it's just PGI failing to understand the minds of their customers. Like this guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users