227 replies to this topic

#41 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

Can we get an explanation as to why you reduced the percentage off for Premium Time? That was the one sell I looked forward to every year since, between that and the 20% MC bonus it was perhaps the best bang for my buck deal you had. I would spend more money before, buying Premium Time for both of my accounts, that I will this time. It also makes me sad too that I told many of the new players in my unit to hold out until this time of the year to set themselves up for the coming years Premium Time. Oh well, I guess I will just have to tell them that PGI did not offer as good of a deal this year.

#42 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

My big, serious question about all this is: are we into the eligibility period for 2017 Loyalty Rewards? I'd assume so, but you know what they say about assuming.

Also, Assassin! Hurray for more IS mechs. (But, uh... where's my Mercury? Or Thorn? Or Hollander? You know, more Lights!)

-paws

P.S. I hope that not too many people (myself included) feel burned by the looming revamp. That's a lot of C-Bills and XP/GXP (and MC/real cash via XP conversion) that's been invested in things.

#43 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

"Clan Wave 1 Bonus Modules

Please also note that in anticipation of upcoming changes to the Module and Skill systems (stay tuned for more details from Mech_Con!) we will be removing the Clan LTD Bonus Modules from the Clan Wave 1 Packs prior to the start of this Sale. All other items included with Wave 1 Packs, such as Faction Medallions, Bonus Premium Time, and Warhorns, remain."

If these are being removed, what are they replaced with?

#44 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

Cool...might buy some stuff...mechbays mostly. The Assassin mech looks interesting. Hoping to hell that the event being mentioned is for Faction Warfare. Getting seriously sick and tired of the QP events.

#45 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hooray!! The Fabled 50% 'Mech Bay sale has arrived early!!!

View PostGroutknoll, on 04 November 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

hmmm ... If I remember correctly post close beta, the 1st mech bay sale was 20% (I got several at 210mc). then next year I think was the 1st 50% sale I think and I got lots of bays. I think it's been 1 50% sale a year on black friday ooo, mc purchase history ... 1st mech bay sale Apr '14, Sep '15 1st 50% sale I think. Have not needed new bays till now. It's been the Hero mechs that have gone on sale multiple times a year for 50%

Yea it was a few times a year. Summer a few times, from the looks of my purchase history. And I swear there was a year where they would have sales for almost every holiday. One for Valentines Day rings a bell...

#46 Cryzak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

Are you guys serious?! You are complaining about SALES on stuff? You dont want sales? When ever there are events or sale-events, there's a shitload of complaining of stuff that wasn't included in the sale and you cant ever be grateful about the stuff that that PGI gives us for FREE?? How the **** is PGI supposed please you guys when there's always some idiot crying about how some event is too long/short/hard/easy/boring/whatever...... Some people are never satisfied, and I think those people who complain on how this sale wasn't COMPLETELY intended at their PERSONAL interests, should **** off from this game.

Value the things that are given to you, and hope/wait for the things that you wish for.

P.S: Give me Piranha please :P

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostCryzak, on 04 November 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

Are you guys serious?! You are complaining about SALES on stuff? You dont want sales? When ever there are events or sale-events, there's a shitload of complaining of stuff that wasn't included in the sale and you cant ever be grateful about the stuff that that PGI gives us for FREE?? How the **** is PGI supposed please you guys when there's always some idiot crying about how some event is too long/short/hard/easy/boring/whatever...... Some people are never satisfied, and I think those people who complain on how this sale wasn't COMPLETELY intended at their PERSONAL interests, should **** off from this game.

Value the things that are given to you, and hope/wait for the things that you wish for.

P.S: Give me Piranha please :P

It is just the same people who used to cry until their parents gave up and gave them what they wanted when they were kids.

#48 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 November 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

It is just the same people who used to cry until their parents gave up and gave them what they wanted when they were kids.

Nope, it doesn't work. I still don't have a damn pony.

#49 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:29 PM

As an older hero I hope the Black Widow gets put on sale. PGIPLZ!

#50 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Yay, finally!
My first Mechbay discount!
Finally keeping every Mech I am not sure I want to get rid of!

And rebuying some Locusts. ^^

Not sure if I need another Hero though.

#51 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

By god, PGI got this RIGHT!!!

1. Advanced notice of a sale
2. Bonus MC offered BEFORE the MC items go on sale
3. Mechbays and Heroes for 50% off (almost right on the first pass but they got there)
4. Sale on mechpacks (never been done before, but probably needs to stay cut to those prices given their age...)

To go over the top, just sneak some colors, ONE SHOT camos and decals in there. Just don't tell anyone until you do it so we won't have time to complain about it.

#52 PassingWinds

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSandgroper Land

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

Sweet .. I think this is my first mech slot sale! I like, like VERY much :)

#53 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

Good news great news: 50% off mechbays! This is what a lot of people, inlcuding myself, have been waiting for. Thank you, PGI! :)
Bad news: Mechbay sale comes a couple of weeks after the November patch (if PGI keep their usual mid-month patch schedule). The November patch is expected to bring significant balance changes, which usually means buying and leveling new mechs. New mechs require new mechbays. Would you consider swapping things around so that the mechbay sale comes either before or immediately after the November patch? That would be absolutely perfect :) But even if not, it's still great to finally have a mechbay sale. Thanks once again!

#54 Rainer Ammermann

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

This is the reason why isn't this game more popular. It is overpriced as hell.

And discounts are like no discounts at all.

Warframe is free2play game and they grew immensely from their free2play model. Also they have quite big playerbase. And why? They have login rewards. And basically every week you have guarantee roll for Platinum ( In- game premium currency ) discount. it ranges from 50% to 75%. So almost anyone can buy some. Players are happy, and they are happy too.

On the other hand I bought Night Gyr with reinforcement pack and some MC for colours ( 40 dollars or so ). To this day I regret it. Even when I see this sale it's just BIG "MEH" for me.

I work and I have great salary, also I do spent quite a lot of money on games. But buying stuff for MWO is even for me painful.

My last purchase was the final one for MWO. I'm not considering putting more money in this.

#55 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 04 November 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Your parents just had strong wills.

View PostRainer Ammermann, on 04 November 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

Warframe is free2play game and they grew immensely from their free2play model. Also they have quite big playerbase. And why? They have login rewards. And basically every week you have guarantee roll for Platinum ( In- game premium currency ) discount. it ranges from 50% to 75%. So almost anyone can buy some. Players are happy, and they are happy too.

On the other hand I bought Night Gyr with reinforcement pack and some MC for colours ( 40 dollars or so ). To this day I regret it. Even when I see this sale it's just BIG "MEH" for me.

I work and I have great salary, also I do spent quite a lot of money on games. But buying stuff for MWO is even for me painful.

My last purchase was the final one for MWO. I'm not considering putting more money in this.

90% of everything in this game is free. Check out my What Mech Challenge thread and see what people get for free in this game: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

You are welcome to join the challenge as well if you want.

#56 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostRainer Ammermann, on 04 November 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

Shrug. So far this year between events I've earned over 4,000 mc and I'm currently sitting on 3,701. I'll probably buy a Sleipnir and 2 mechbays, and I think that will put me right at 150 bays.

You don't have to spend a lot of money on MWO to earn stuff. Just be wise and patient and your free rewards can go far.

#57 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 04 November 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Is that Clan or IS? Couldn't find this "pony" on SARNA..?

EDIT: Mechbaysale!! It's happening!! Thanks PGI!!

Edited by Willothius, 04 November 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#58 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:14 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 04 November 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

As a whale who has all the packs and as a MWOWC regional finalist who won 25000 MC a couple days ago...

I find the lack of patterns sale... much underwhelming!

You forgot to add... "and as a person who complains in ever post". ;)

#59 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

This thread is hysterical for all its complaining about a good sale announced in advance.

Its like Ideal Suspect in game ... he will ALWAYS trash talk and usually total rubbish just to hear his voice I presume....

#60 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostOvion, on 04 November 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

If these are being removed, what are they replaced with?

I assume they won't be replaced with anything since the name already states that those were bonus modules for a limited time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users