Ultraviolet Dakka

16 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

So DWF-UV has awesome hardpoints -- 2E side-torsi not hindered by JJs, and 2B arms, that could give the Direwolf a total amount of ballistic hardpoints to 8. I'm actually jealous of everyone else that bought Ultraviolet.

Although my main point here is the Ultraviolet -- not that i am saying that it's totally bad, but rather i am horrified.

I am a fan of machine-gun macro builds, like that 6 AC2 King-crab, 6 LB2X (UAC jams and not fun) Direwolf -- now there could be 8 LB2X direwolf, oh damn. Though i also recognize how bad their setup is, it spreads damage, even with a very very high DPS of 22.2222 (2/(0.72/8)). This is scary for me.

DWF-UV LB2X-Dakka Placeholder
DWF-UV UAC2-Dakka Placeholder

I have a feeling that 8x LB2X/UAC2 DWF-UV would give a lot of pople PTSD. Anyone else also horrified?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 04 November 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

im calling it the "wannaBan3".

also the spread on the lb2 is not terrible when used at moderate ranges. think of it as a longer range version of the asrm2. you also get a cd module.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 November 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#3 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

No

I'll laugh as they die, trying to scratch the paint of my majestic cUAC10s mounted in any variety of robots, which all excel at Whale hunting.

This will be no different.
If it makes an AC2 loadout tenable, that would be a positive.

#4 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 November 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

im calling it the "wannaBan3".

also the spread on the lb2 is not terrible when used at moderate ranges. think of it as a longer range version of the asrm2. you also get a cd module.

No, not that "Spread". It's like Laser-spread where you can't put a lot of your damage at a single compartment when you machine-gun macro.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 04 November 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 04 November 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

No, not that "Spread". It's like Laser-spread where you can't put a lot of your damage at a single compartment when you machine-gun macro.

you end up with both kinds if you are using lb2s that way. uac2s only need to worry about z spread. if you can follow a target with a laser you can follow it with the stream of lead.

#6 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 November 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

you end up with both kinds if you are using lb2s that way. uac2s only need to worry about z spread. if you can follow a target with a laser you can follow it with the stream of lead.

Kind of exactly the same thing with the machine-gun macro, also increases face time. But again, that is not PPFLD which makes it worse.

#7 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

6x UAC-5s > 8x UAC-2s already.

No Direwolf build is ever going to out compete the KDK-3 meta builds either.

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

View Postjjm1, on 04 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Lol no, hits GH. 3 UAC5 + 2 UAC10

#9 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

I personally find the sweetbspot to be around 4 to 5 UAC2s. Even on my Night Gyr it runs a bit toasty but the face shredding amount of lead pouring out of it will saw right through most mechs, or at least peel an entire side off of them, just gotta keep that double tap rythm going, tried the macro and it wads fun for a little while but the novelty quickly wore off.

#10 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 04 November 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

that could give the Direwolf a total amount of ballistic hardpoints to 8.

So YET ANOTHER power creep mech, just to make sure that there were at least two clan assaults better at boating ballistics than IS.

Meh, enjoy losing more players.

#11 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

Not on high mounts, no. Thats IMO one of the few things the Kodiak does good.
The bears are squishier and at the same time more agile. It needs to twist more to spread damage, the dire needs to just wiggle.
I can do say that the Kodiak needs to be tuned down a little, regarding the mobility quirks. While the dire wolf needs a armor, structure and or twist buff. The Atlas and King Crab does just fine as I see it.
All 4 of the 100 tonners have their ups and downs overall, but they need some tweaking though.

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 05 November 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

So YET ANOTHER power creep mech, just to make sure that there were at least two clan assaults better at boating ballistics than IS.

Meh, enjoy losing more players.

Power creep? While I dont dismiss that they can exist, they arent many and a 8 ballistic mech have serious disadvantages.
Limited ammo and you have to be decent at leading your target. So no, there is no power creep.
Same for any mech that can mount 8 energy and 8 missiles. Again limited ammo for missiles, so you need to make yourself count. And 8 energy? Yeah, sure you dont need ammo but you need heatsinks, so bring the heat!
Also with all that, you might need to shave off armor and limit useful equipment. Even on 100 tonners.

Edited by Tordin, 05 November 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#12 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:05 AM

Honestly, PGI? My stance on the UV?

Posted Image

If you wanted a dakka machine you wanted us to buy, you should have just given us the Bane. You like giving full mech packs for lots and lots of money, right?

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 05 November 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Honestly, PGI? My stance on the UV?

Posted Image

If you wanted a dakka machine you wanted us to buy, you should have just given us the Bane. You like giving full mech packs for lots and lots of money, right?

I'd go for Piranha with 12 MGs, i do think that the game needs a bit more clan, and a bit more lights. Im also curious to see 12 MGs.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 05 November 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#14 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 November 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

I'd go for Piranha with 12 MGs, i do think that the game needs a bit more clan, and a bit more lights. Im also curious to see 12 MGs.

The Piranha is Clan Diamond Shark tech so my seal of approval has been on it for a looong time.
Does remind me though, I need to make a "Diamond Shark Approved!" logo already.

#15 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:22 AM

The Utraviloet maybe an good excuse for me to buy up on Direwolves again just for fun, 8 LBX/UAC2 sounds hilariously fun to "run" around with

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

bears were pretty much every meta trait rolled into a super-chassis, so thats to be expected. octowhales arent going to change the game much, but its gonna be hella fun anyway.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:56 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

bears were pretty much every meta trait rolled into a super-chassis, so thats to be expected. octowhales arent going to change the game much, but its gonna be hella fun anyway.
I tried Kodiak before, handles quite a dream, but they're not really as tanky as i thought. It's probably just the meta making it OP, otherwise i'd lavish on the firepower of the Direwolf instead.

I think the way to save Direwolf is not hardpoints, but to make it either somewhat part of the meta of improving handling like turn-speed and distance, or make it a lot tankier. Weakening other assaults are good too.

This DWF-UV is really nice, but the improved hardpoints isn't really that much of a game changer with this meta. The ECM CT of the DWF-N though, that's something.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users