And what builds do you prefer?

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:54 AM

It has several fundamental problems starting with wasted tonnage depending on engagement range, followed up by heat issues in ranges where all weapons could be fired and last but not least the mixture of high facetime (ERLLas) and low facetime/frontloaded Weapons.
You simply forgoe the advantages of each weapons type accumulating disadvantages.

Further issues come from the geometry and accel/decell and turning propertys of the Atlas hampering the usage of your lasers or forcing you to expose to much of the mech when using the lasers.

One of the main missconceptions is the idea that an assault could take more damage than a med or heavy.
It can't. Due to its hitbox sizes and lack of mobility most Assaults can exactly take the ammount of dmg their CT hiboxes can take.

So basicaly the only thing that makes an Assault worth while is the fact it can dish out cruel brutal ammounts of dmg downing an enemy in split seconds avoiding or distributing dmg by the sheer force of its attack.

Edited by The Basilisk, 05 November 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:49 AM

Atlas side torsos are very vulnerable, you need case if youre going to put ammo in them.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostGorantir, on 05 November 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Atlas side torsos are very vulnerable, you need case if youre going to put ammo in them.

No. Ammo only has a 10% chance of exploding even if it's chosen by crit selection. CASE is virtually always waste tonnage as a result. Still, better CT, head and legs on an Atlas for ammo placement.

Edited by TercieI, 05 November 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

View Postboss642296niicc, on 05 November 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c28f704f2ced44b

And what builds do you prefer?

Pick one thing to be good at. Pick brawler since that's what Atlases do. Lose the ERLLs, you don't want to be losing any armor at their range. Swap to mediums or nothing. Add Artemis. SRM6s without spread so bad I refuse to mount them. Get that engine up to 350+, which is where a brawling Atlas needs to be.

Edit from PC: This is how I run the AS7-S. Alpha, twist left, alpha, twist right, alpha, etc.

Edited by TercieI, 05 November 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:24 AM

if you alpha that will be too hot and in my opinion you do not have enough SRM ammo, I would take 1.5 tons per srm6, which is double what you have, and you have rather low leg armor, which as soon as you start coming up against more experienced
pilots may be a problem
I would advocate something more like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2faa14dc130359b
it still has a hot alpha but you should not use the lasers together with the ammo based weapons, the MLs are there for if you want precision (along with the AC20) or for if the ammo runs dry, possibly drop the lasers althgether for more ammo or a bigger engine

#7 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Facetime has so far been my favourite Atlas build. Meant to lead the push, this mech is designed for constant ranged harassment, for such maps as boreal vault and hellebore springs. Rather'n pack the brawly punch for when the battle is engaged in earnest, this mech is meant to lead the pugs into the close brawl, keeping the action moving forward until the lines close.

And when the brawl does start, dual uac's make for some fine brawling.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 05 November 2016 - 04:37 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users