The Ac/5 Range Module Doesn't Appear On The List.

5 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

I made a loadout for my Highlander IIC that included an AC/5 and want to get an AC/5 Range Module, but it doesn't appear on the list. The UAC/5 Range Module is on the list, but not the AC/5. What's going on?

#2 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

The Highlander IIC is a clan mech and can only use clan modules. You need to find the C-UAC5 range module. What you're looking for is the IS module. If you are equipping in the mech lab, it will only give you module choices for weapons you equipped or can equip (that option can be toggled).

#3 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

Are you sure you purchased the CUAC/5? Since it's a clan chassis any weapons you equip will have a C in front. (e.g c-uac/5 instead of uac/5)

#4 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, it's a C-AC/5 or a C-UAC/5, but there is no module for the C-AC/5 only the C-UAC/5. The C-AC/5 has a greater range then the C-UAC/5 so even with the C-UAC/5 extended range module the AC/5 still has more range so I am just going to use the ERL Laser extended range module instead.

#5 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

NEVER use a clan AC. The UACs have a better stock cooldown + double tap opportunity for extra DPS.

Plus they take up more slots than UACs.

#6 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:00 AM

I have been using AC/2s because they have longer range and something about them just gives me a more satisfied feeling when I fire them. I ended up using the UAC/2s anyway because they save me one slot each and I needed those two slots for a heat sink.

Thanks for your help all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users