Throw Me A Bone

7 replies to this topic

#1 MrMilkshake

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

How doo!
Been on a MWO vacation for a few months, Enjoyed some GTA5 and now some Total War Warhammer, It's really been a blast. Took some great friends i made through here with me for support and competition but now i find myself peeking through the window of MWO again and asking myself why?

Nothing has really changed in years, oh sure there are plenty of new stompy robots added to the roster, But lets face it, these are just player skins. No new weapons very little in the way of new maps and no new game modes.......God dam it.

So why am i here, what keeps me looking in wanting to play again?? Because the core is just so damm good. Never have i found a game that could not only keep my attention for hundreds if not thousands of hours, but my friends too. Theres nothing like this anywhere else and it drives me CRAZY!

Russ, for the love of god man, throw us a fricken bone here. Do you know how many old players (paying customers) are out there just waiting for you to add something genuinely
new? A new weapon type, an engine conversion, a properly thought through new game mode, SOMETHING!

I (and im sure im not alone in this) refuse to give you not just my money anymore, but even my playtime. I want to come back, so many do. Give us a reason to do so. The mechcon thing and the tournaments are all well and good for existing players, but if it did somehow attract new blood how long before they hit the same lack of content or as some have said before "minimally viable product" that the rest of us have?

Please give us something genuinely new. Not a new robot skin or a pass on an old map....(That reminds me, With map selection being as poor as it is, you guys throw out old Terra therma after pretty much making a new map??) Give us, Scratch that, Give ME something new to come back to.

Give me something that says "Milkshake i know ive neglected your needs for so long but ive changed, i really have. Look at my new massive pulsating artillery gun, Yeh you like that, Well its all for you if you just come back". And i could be all like "But Russ im scared if i do come back it will be just like before, youve made promises to me in the past, i, i just dont want to get hurt again" and then you could be like "Milkshake its different this time, So long i thought i knew what was best, i didnt listen to you. But im a changed man now. I know ive been a fool. Ive missed you so much, its just not the same without you" Then maybe you could look into my eyes as a small tear runs down your cheek, I lean forward and whisper into your ear "Hold me"

This is how the future could be Russ!!. Think about it! ....Call me x

#2 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:59 AM

I have got a bone for your milkshake. Does that help?

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

I'm pretty sure we all want new content. Nay-, need new content!

Posted Image

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 08 November 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure we all want new content. Nay-, need new content!

Spoiler

It's election day, and HBSCon is right around the corner.

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 08 November 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#5 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostBombast, on 08 November 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

That will be [REDACTED] I'm sure of it.

Posted Image

Edited by Kasumi Sumika, 08 November 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#6 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

If the core game was so damn good you never would have taken a few months break.

I commend you for closing your wallet and your gaming time. That is the only way things will change for MWO. I and many others have done the same. We need to starve PGI into action.

#7 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Gritty.

#8 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:58 AM