#101 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 05 December 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

No, you can't. The Fortune 500 website has been listing all-time revenues since 2015 (and steady revenues prior to 2015 with a few exceptions).

Source: http://beta.fortune....00landing-zone1

FYI annual reports are often available for the majority of publicly traded corporations on their Investor Relations website for the respective company. Most of the time they archive past reports for ten or more years. Inside these reports you'll typically find a comparison between the last two or three years worth of financial data for various metrics such as the income statement, balance sheet, statements of cash flows, etc.

So you don't need special software to view it. It does however, take far more time to look up and establish trends.

#102 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm trying to have a constructive conversation here.

/eyeroll

I get all my voter data from the county recorders and election judges.

Edited by Heffay, 06 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#103 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

/eyeroll

I get all my voter data from the county recorders and election judges.

The question was about the media outlets.

As for counties, I am glad the electoral college exists because it allows proper representation of lesser counties and states who are equally important to America in the grand scheme of things. Single cities should never be allowed to dictate policy for our entire country.

#104 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

The question was about the media outlets.

As for counties, I am glad the electoral college exists because it allows proper representation of lesser counties and states who are equally important to America in the grand scheme of things. Single cities should never be allowed to dictate policy for our entire country.

"Single cities"....

Do you ever read what you write?

Edited by Heffay, 06 December 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#105 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

"Single cities"....

Do you ever read what you write?

Why don't we try and be constructive, okay? For the sake of this thread--how about my question? If we can't be constructive, then I see no more purpose in this conversation.

#106 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Why don't we try and be constructive, okay? For the sake of this thread--how about my question? If we can't be constructive, then I see no more purpose in this conversation.

/eyeroll

#107 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Can anyone tell me, what is constructive about that conversation? Sorry I read only the last two pages... not that interested in politics.

For the both of you... you have your viewpoints. And btw. you both insult people... one insults one person the other one insults... oh the government, the media... let's just say a real lot of people... As long as it can not be backed up without a doubt it is still an insult. So ask yourself if you really want to see that through.

Get yourself together, please.

That's why my father told me more than once "Never discuss sports, religion or politics if you don't want a fight."

One more thing... it is not clever in my book to insult a lot of people and then "freak out" about an insult yourself.

I am going to close this thread tomorrow (my timezone)... as long as it stays unconstructive, so have fun... perhaps another mod closes it before me.

Oh and btw. Heffay... baiting is against the CoC too...

#108 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

Given the divisiveness of the topic in and of itself, I'm surprised it has gone on this long without having found it's way to the old deep freeze. Politics, real or imagined, are never a good discussion point since preconceived notions and ideas clearly rule the mind of each individual. Keeping it mud free and congenital are pretty significant chores if you ask me, Ibrandul Mike.

That said, why wait? I'd just close it now if I were in your position but, alas, I am not. Best wishes and luck in whatever choice you make.

#109 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

At least they should have a choice...

They can both show that they are not children but grown people and that they can behave and be civilized. Perhaps even say something like "I am sorry I overstepped".
Would most likely not happen... but I like giving the chance. And btw. it is less than 3 hours till the next day here... so as long as I don't fall asleep before midnight... I can watch it and close it :)

#110 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

Understood and appreciated. Time will determine the outcome to be sure.

#111 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

I vote for jettisoning the thread to K-town. Politics on the internet is about as effective of a topic as MWO on the Star Citizen forums. They have a perma-ban on all talk about MWO over there, and the forums are a better place for it.

#112 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 06 December 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me, what is constructive about that conversation? Sorry I read only the last two pages... not that interested in politics.

For the both of you... you have your viewpoints. And btw. you both insult people... one insults one person the other one insults... oh the government, the media... let's just say a real lot of people... As long as it can not be backed up without a doubt it is still an insult. So ask yourself if you really want to see that through.

Get yourself together, please.

That's why my father told me more than once "Never discuss sports, religion or politics if you don't want a fight."

One more thing... it is not clever in my book to insult a lot of people and then "freak out" about an insult yourself.

I am going to close this thread tomorrow (my timezone)... as long as it stays unconstructive, so have fun... perhaps another mod closes it before me.

Oh and btw. Heffay... baiting is against the CoC too...

I suppose this is the nature of politics. America as well as most "modern" Western Civilizations are in contentious times. My intent was never to be insulting, but instead provide a contrasting viewpoint to what I see often as the popular one in most places I observe. I am sorry if it came across that way.

Thank you for your attention to this thread.

I feel that it is important to discuss political issues and opinions. The Western World is right now threatened with the prospect of information suppression and censorship of speech. One of the major tenets of our Constitution is freedom of expression--and I fear that if the trend continues, much of that may be stifled. The only way to keep it alive is to civilly discuss points amongst one another with hope that perhaps we all might learn something new and in time, evolve in our viewpoints. At least, that is my hope. Good conversation should lead to an evolution of knowledge and perspective if done right and well.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 06 December 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#113 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

I disagree. You'll never change your mind. Further discussions of politics are about as fruitful as me attempting to convince you that PGI isn't a horrible company. Confirmation bias just means you'll take whatever evidence is provided to the contrary that further proof that you were right all along.

"The only way to win is to not play."
- Some computer somewhere.

#114 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

"The only way to win is to not play."
- Some computer somewhere.

That'd be "Joshua", Wargames, 1985.

Yes, I am that old.

#115 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 06 December 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

That'd be "Joshua", Wargames, 1985. Yes, I am that old.

Me too, but I'm old enough that I forget useful trivia like that. ;) But using Connect 4 as a way to show that there is no way to win a particular game was a great metaphor for nuclear war.

#116 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

Perhaps a game forum is not the right place to discuss politics.

I have to agree with Heffay in the point that those discussions are mostly fruitless. He won't sway you and you won't sway him.
And that will be the case with many others too.

I know that discussing politics is frowned upon here... but not to supress the freedom of speech (which btw. doesn't have a foothold in the private sector, even if many believe so), instead to keep the forums more constructive and if possible hate free.

As you can probably see such topics get heated quite quickly. We have enough heated discussions about ingame stuff... I for myself think that we don't really need to import more in here.
The levels of salt, hate, vitriol, whatever you might call it, are high enough. So my question: Can we agree that this is not the best place for political discussions per se?

#117 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostHeffay, on 06 December 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Me too, but I'm old enough that I forget useful trivia like that. Posted Image But using Connect 4 as a way to show that there is no way to win a particular game was a great metaphor for nuclear war.

Uh... it was tic-tac-toe, actually. You may want to go back and watch it for the sake of refreshing said trivia bank. ;)

#118 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

I will take no answer as a yes...

[Mod] I am closing this thread.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users