#21 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:22 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 09 November 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Is the cheating issue really that rampant? I see quite a few false accusers. This game largely doesn't strike me as a bit cheating game. The reason why I bring this up ... I see guys accusing certain groups of cheating 24/7 ... yet I watch many of the accused play in their streams. I have quite a bit of trouble seeing exactly how they are cheating. I've been laughingly accused myself several times when I go on a big run.

I don't doubt that cheating happens statistically it would be impossible for it to not happen. Every game has cheats / hacks and what not. I just doubt MWO is generally popular enough for cheat software to be consistently up to date to make it effective. Plus I hate the innuendo around cheating. I prefer my innuendo to be about BOOBS.

They said the same thing in Command and Conquer Renegade. Small community plagued with cheating for 8+ years. I'm not out there accusing everyone left and right. But the number is usually larger than people think. And just because someone isn't cheating in their live stream doesn't mean they don't "turn sh*t on" when they aren't. As paranoid as that sounds I think it's true for a small select people. And because they are suck-ups and people underestimate cheating they'll never get caught. It's happened in so many games. But as usual I see the young "git gud, so salty, lololol you're a noob" generation making the same mistakes in gaming as past ones. And besides...git gud? Usually said by competitive CW people who laughingly rely solely on meta-builds to put up any decent numbers. Sounds like somebody needs to git gud xD! Please use a non-meta mech, a non-meta build, and play in Oceanic in solo drops. And see if you can repeat your typical numbers. I bet most can't. So flame away!

Edited by Ramrod AI, 09 November 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#22 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 09 November 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm very interested in watching but it will depend if I am awake, being in Japan.

For all that missed it:

If you don't like to watch it, just don't watch it. Can be an Option. Just saying.

#23 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

I tried watching the vid but only came through the first half.
Three guys backslapping each other for most of the time and having a hard time expressing a clear thought is quite annoying to watch.

So what were the news there?

#24 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:21 AM

View PostRamrod AI, on 09 November 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

git gud? Usually said by competitive CW people who laughingly rely solely on meta-builds to put up any decent numbers.

I don't play CW, but part of gitn` gud is understanding how to build mechs.
Dissing people for using "meta builds" is like dissing Usain Bolt for using Puma shoes.
If he's so good, why doesn't he run barefoot? Tryhard.

Edited by Kmieciu, 10 November 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#25 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

View Postzzoxx, on 10 November 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

tl;dr
no news. come to mechcon.

#26 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostSthtopokeon, on 10 November 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

tl;dr
no news. come to mechcon.

Is that a genuine summary?

#27 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

Well just finished listening to the podcast, nothing really been said. Only major thing said was about Solaris duel style mode 1vs1 on 2 scaled down recycled maps with a few added assets.

This podcast was mostly a big promotion for Mechcon and with an announcement like the Solaris mode with the few details we got, I'm really underwhelmed.

#28 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

nice, would still be better on fridays because in timezones where it is in the middle of the night it won't be watching it by those having to work.

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 November 2016 - 01:15 AM.

#29 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 10 November 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

Well just finished listening to the podcast, nothing really been said. Only major thing said was about Solaris duel style mode 1vs1 on 2 scaled down recycled maps with a few added assets.

This podcast was mostly a big promotion for Mechcon and with an announcement like the Solaris mode with the few details we got, I'm really underwhelmed.

The lack of news for months now, until Mechcon, is starting to get old fast.

#30 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:20 AM

It should be someone's job at MWonline to summerize it for us. As a paying customer I dont have time to waste an hour. If I did, I'd be playing.

In regards to the cheating element, I really really really hope its a very small minority (of morons) cheating. I am hoping perhaps we can do something in order to help people raise their game, with a guide for shooting and help with map positioning. Perhaps this might help people move away from automatic assisted software ¬_¬

Those who are cheating and reading this, I cannot really understand what you are gaining from these software advantages but just up your game mentally. You really really dont need cheats on this game. Just change the way you think, that's all.

#31 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

You know...

Reading through some of the above posts I am amazed Russ and crew continue to put up with us.

Just as the MWT servers went cold and dead, it is only a matter of time till our MWO community badgers PGI into moving their development talents on to more fertile and less condescending and entitled fields.

lol, good on Russ for continuing to keep the lights on at PGI, making the monthly payroll and the servers hot.

I'll enjoy my PGI-brand of Big Stompy Mech Action for as long as I can. :)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 10 November 2016 - 01:51 AM.

#32 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 November 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

Is that a genuine summary?

There's drivel about coffee and comparing coffee cup size

Next
Making mech packs keeps the lights on at PGI and doesn't slow down other features
Takes ~ 15 minutes

Next
Light mech announced

All 3 have trouble remembering what tonnage the assasin is

Explaining why a small feature (JJ thrust as example) would take a while
Like a month, not unreasonable, they have to roll it into the next patch they could get it in
Too bad were waiting for this for a year or so now

Talking MechCon and who will be there
Yay for shimmering sword

Talking tournament

And
Before like every thing they talk about comes the notion of being patient to wait for MechCon
It's like only 3 weeks

Though it's been months really, but ehh

You know
Sales talk

#33 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

Kudos to PGI for their patience with the millennials and bittervets.

#34 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

NoiseCrypt, after more than four years of broken promises, you would be bitter as well.

Still waiting for Heavy Gear Assault to get out of beta to check it out.

Edited by TheLuc, 10 November 2016 - 03:05 AM.

#35 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:04 AM

Definitely, i feel that game sliding from MW lovers to Money makers (lovers)

Just sad they didnt realize they will make far moar money if give to players a better Mechwarrior game

and... they really need to take an ergonomist, able to make simple things like:
Which infos player need while in mechlab... (object oriented language analyze needed here !)

I still didnt know how many seismic sensor i have, nor where they are...

Edited by ulrin, 10 November 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#36 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:07 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 10 November 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

Next
Making mech packs keeps the lights on at PGI and doesn't slow down other features
Takes ~ 15 minutes

Next
Light mech announced

Like a month, not unreasonable, they have to roll it into the next patch they could get it in

Yay for shimmering sword

Talking tournament

And
Before like every thing they talk about comes the notion of being patient to wait for MechCon
It's like only 3 weeks

You know
Sales talk

yea, these things are pretty much a 2 hour infomercial for the next mech pack, so i stopped watching them. im also less disappointed by the lack of features when they finally dont show up.

anyway thanks for the abridged version. you just saved me 2 hours.

#37 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:41 AM

Next
Takes ~ 15 minutes

Next
Light mech announced

Yay for shimmering sword

Talking tournament

And
It's like only 3 weeks

You know
Sales talk

Thank you for saving me a bit of bandwidth and a lot of precious life time. :)

#38 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:49 AM

There's drivel about coffee and comparing coffee cup size Next Making mech packs keeps the lights on at PGI and doesn't slow down other features Takes ~ 15 minutes Next Light mech announced All 3 have trouble remembering what tonnage the assasin is Explaining why a small feature (JJ thrust as example) would take a while Like a month, not unreasonable, they have to roll it into the next patch they could get it in Too bad were waiting for this for a year or so now Talking MechCon and who will be there Yay for shimmering sword Talking tournament And Before like every thing they talk about comes the notion of being patient to wait for MechCon It's like only 3 weeks Though it's been months really, but ehh You know Sales talk

Much appreciated.

#39 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostRamrod AI, on 09 November 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

They said the same thing in Command and Conquer Renegade. Small community plagued with cheating for 8+ years. I'm not out there accusing everyone left and right. But the number is usually larger than people think. And just because someone isn't cheating in their live stream doesn't mean they don't "turn sh*t on" when they aren't. As paranoid as that sounds I think it's true for a small select people. And because they are suck-ups and people underestimate cheating they'll never get caught. It's happened in so many games. But as usual I see the young "git gud, so salty, lololol you're a noob" generation making the same mistakes in gaming as past ones. And besides...git gud? Usually said by competitive CW people who laughingly rely solely on meta-builds to put up any decent numbers. Sounds like somebody needs to git gud xD! Please use a non-meta mech, a non-meta build, and play in Oceanic in solo drops. And see if you can repeat your typical numbers. I bet most can't. So flame away!

You had me following you. Until you brought up the meta vs non meta thing and you somehow conflated CW with competitive folks. The real MWO snobs whom would wreck CW don't in fact play it. I've pointed this out a few times. There isn't a competitive component (skillwise) to CW. Just organized groups vs unorganized groups.

I've known one cheater. She / IT / He ? was pretty good at it. In fact it turns out said person cheated in an entire host of games and drug quite a few folks name through the mudd by guilty association. So I understand ... you just never know. I just can't live my life that paranoid however.

#40 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

What mech is that in the picture?

Stone Rhino?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users