#42 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 November 2016 - 01:09 AM, said:

The lack of news for months now, until Mechcon, is starting to get old fast.

Then you must LOVE Blizzard, because they pretty much do the exact same. A little bit of news here and there throughout the year, but nothing solid usually gets announced until Blizzcon happens. Hell even the ARG that blizzard was running to hype Sombra pissed people off because they were expecting to 'hack' and find out details and release, and for months only small tidbits until the actual announcement for the character at blizzcon, even though the community had 'beaten' pretty much every aspect of the ARG.

You are aware that this is pretty common among most games that tend to have conventions, right?

#43 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostFobhopper, on 10 November 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Then you must LOVE Blizzard, because they pretty much do the exact same. A little bit of news here and there throughout the year, but nothing solid usually gets announced until Blizzcon happens. Hell even the ARG that blizzard was running to hype Sombra pissed people off because they were expecting to 'hack' and find out details and release, and for months only small tidbits until the actual announcement for the character at blizzcon, even though the community had 'beaten' pretty much every aspect of the ARG.

You are aware that this is pretty common among most games that tend to have conventions, right?

Actually none that I play are like that - Eve is my main game and its constant updates tbh.

Rather lost why you think saying others do it is a good excuse though?

#44 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

View Postzzoxx, on 10 November 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

For all that missed it:

If you don't like to watch it, just don't watch it. Can be an Option. Just saying.

Thank you zzoxx :) Very cool of you

#45 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Well if the light isn't the wasp I shall be disgusted

Though i'm wondering if that mech they haven't done before is a quad ;)

Edited by Cathy, 10 November 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#46 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 10 November 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

You had me following you. Until you brought up the meta vs non meta thing and you somehow conflated CW with competitive folks. The real MWO snobs whom would wreck CW don't in fact play it. I've pointed this out a few times. There isn't a competitive component (skillwise) to CW. Just organized groups vs unorganized groups.

I've known one cheater. She / IT / He ? was pretty good at it. In fact it turns out said person cheated in an entire host of games and drug quite a few folks name through the mudd by guilty association. So I understand ... you just never know. I just can't live my life that paranoid however.

This is fact, the only real semi-comp unit that plays (or played) much CW/FW was Kcom and some of the SWK folk from MS. Almost unfailingly, regular day in day out comp teams have avoided CW like the plague for a very long time, oh, there was some interest right when it hit, but it faded quickly. So, you don't see the dominant players in cw that you CAN in other instances, top players in the game rarely play in there, no offense to anyone intended it is just true. I am very much looking forward to that changing at some point in the near future, it would breathe some life into the teams, and it is surely needed after our very long grind through that tourney (loved it by the way)

P.S. Looking VERY much forward to mechcon.....should be some fun!!

#47 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostCathy, on 10 November 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Well if the light isn't the wasp I shall be disgusted

Though i'm wondering if that mech they haven't done before is a quad ;)

Wasp would be cool but my guess is Firemoth ;)

I also think the 'never been done' might be a quad. However I also think they might finally release a mech capable of doing actual melee damage and that would be pretty cool if that's what we get. Cooler than a quad IMHO :)

#48 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostKmieciu, on 10 November 2016 - 12:21 AM, said:

I don't play CW, but part of gitn` gud is understanding how to build mechs.
Dissing people for using "meta builds" is like dissing Usain Bolt for using Puma shoes.
If he's so good, why doesn't he run barefoot? Tryhard.

No. A correct comparison would be doing target practice 1 foot away from the target as opposed to 100 yards. Any idiot can hit a target 1 foot away. A true test of skill is being 100 yards away. I've done quite a few 1000+ point games without meta-builds. In fact I've had a few of my builds called stupid...simply because they aren't 2 ER PPCs, 1 Gauss Rifle.

#49 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostCathy, on 10 November 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Though i'm wondering if that mech they haven't done before is a quad Posted Image

You and Juodas Varnas both Posted Image and preferably with a melee weapon Posted Image

Edited by pacifica812, 11 November 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#50 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 09 November 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Please use a non-meta mech, a non-meta build, and play in Oceanic in solo drops. And see if you can repeat your typical numbers. I bet most can't. So flame away!

You do of course realise that AP solo queue is the easiest place in this game to farm potatoes outside of group CW drops against Davion and Wolf, right?

#51 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostNoiseCrypt, on 10 November 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

Kudos to PGI for their patience with the millennials and bittervets.

Let me guess, you're the guy who brings the boss his coffee every morning?

#52 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

BUCKETS!!! "Puts on head"

#53 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 10 November 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

NoiseCrypt, after more than four years of broken promises, you would be bitter as well.

Depends on what one views as a 'promise'.

I've been playing since 2013 and I don't know what was promised to you, but I do know what was promised to me...and PGI delivered on it. To be clear, what was delivered on any given thing may not have been exactly what I wanted or was expecting, but it was, in fact delivered.
Examples of things that were promised to me:
Phoenix Mechs and associated rewards - Delivered.
Community Warfare - Delivered. It may not have been what I wanted or was expecting, but it was delivered
Clan Mechs - Delivered. Some of these were clearly better than others, but they were delivered when promised, along with the associated rewards
New Maps - Delivered. Some better than others, but meh?
Updated Maps - Delivered
Clan/IS balance - Delivered. I don't care what you say, both IS and Clans are, as a general thing, in a good place right now. Not perfect, but I don't think that will ever happen. The fact of the matter is that you have IS players complaining about Clan Mechs being OP and Clan players complaining about IS Mechs for being OP. That tells me that both are in a pretty good place. Individual mechs and weapons need tweaking, but by and large, things are okay
Preordered Mechs, Mech-Packs, etc. - All delivered, as well as their associated rewards on the date promised.

There are others, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head... but either way, the way I see things, unless there is hard data about a given thing, it's all speculation and ideas...and even then, I don't expect things to remain static.

#54 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 21 November 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Depends on what one views as a 'promise'.

Waiter: I know I promised you a steak, but I brought you this soup sandwich. Why are you upset?

#55 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostZolaz, on 26 November 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Waiter: I know I promised you a steak, but I brought you this soup sandwich. Why are you upset?

Except that's a totally wrong analogy.

They promised you a sandwich and gave you a sandwich. You just happened to want steak instead of the sandwich they promised you. ;)

#56 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

Don't try to reason with the bittervets. It only reinforces their behaviors by giving them an enemy to fight and feel vindicated for "beating" in an argument. Their hatred of PGI has become a basis for reason instead of a conclusion, and as a consequence it is literally impossible to reason with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users