57 replies to this topic

#1 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

Simply stated, what would you want in Solaris? 1v1? Free for all? 4v4? 8v8? Weight class specific matches?

Also I've made a poll asking if people want Solaris or PvE.
http://mwomercs.com/...r-solaris-mode/

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

I would like them to focus on ... fixing other things Posted Image

I have no interest in Solaris. IIRC, MW:LL Solaris was a 1v23 cagefight. But the winners most often were those who stayed out of the melee and just picked off the damaged survivors. So their victory proved nothing.

So I'm more interested in fixing FP with less limited gameplay and more logistics, and generally, new maps.

Edited by Appogee, 12 November 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:44 AM

I do want Solaris. 1v1 and 4v4 are my favorite formats. I'm gonna be one of those e-peen warriors who will strive to beat everyone 1v1, and then brag about it. :P

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:06 AM

dont overthink it. just make some solaris themed modes for qp, that way you dont create a new pile of buckets were going to have to take away later.

#5 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBetween Type 1 and Type 2

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:15 AM

None of it they need to be working on PVE first!

#6 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:31 AM

In a utopian world, where everything would be possible?

- 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8 queues with different arena-like (MW4) maps for different team sizes.
- No mixing of different weight-classes.
- Pre-defined builds to choose from. Free mech configuration stays in QP and FW to somewhat differentiate the modes.
- Leaderboards for players and teams for glorious e-peen swinging.

A man can dream, right?

#7 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 12 November 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Simply stated, what would you want in Solaris? 1v1? Free for all? 4v4? 8v8? Weight class specific matches?

Also I've made a poll asking if people want Solaris or PvE.
http://mwomercs.com/...r-solaris-mode/

I want it a paid expansion.

#8 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

Another company to step up, buy this game, fix it, then add in a really good solaris

#9 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

I only want naked chicks in the background, in the crowd... ha ha ha

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostAleski, on 12 November 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

I only want naked chicks in the background, in the crowd... ha ha ha

I gotchu fam.

Posted Image

#11 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

Let's face reality

it is unlikely another company will, looking at how PGI and the community has fared, will invest in a "veteran" IP. HBS is taking a plunge, but I doubt it will go beyond unless there is another round of community funding, and even then, I have no interest in a 3D turn-based game. I would have preferred MechCommander style.

On the Topic

I want SOLARIS. Why? I remember MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries fondly. I don't mind any mode, 1vAll, 2vAll, 4vAll.

I want to be able to blast everyone else arena style (full symmetry map)

I want it short and sweet. With seasonal rankings and prizes. I don't even mind if Premium time is the minimum price for entry.

I am not interested in FP cause I think it is just too difficult to make it what everyone wants. I personally find it (1) takes too long to find a match, (2) duration too long especially when you have a lousy team. My situation is I don't have the time to join a clan properly, so I only can do "pug" FP. That means I lose most of the time == no fun.

So I have given up on FP.

As long as there is Solaris, and there are events for Quick Play, and the events are innovative as they have been, and we get a new mech every month. I will pay and I will play

Whether there is PvE, or FP Mark 2, It wont matter. But I hope that those that enjoy QP will continue to fund and play.

#12 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:42 AM

I really have no interest in Solaris.

I think we already have "solaris" in our 5 minute drop with leaderboard.
Also, we don't need to lose players that go to watch "solaris" instead of actively playing the game.

#13 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:45 AM

I want actually well thought out maps that don't favour any one play style over the others.

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:55 AM

@ Aleski

Its spelled chic(sounds like sheek although I just say chic sometimes Posted Image), vogue works to in some instances.

adjective, chicer, chicest.

attractive and fashionable; stylish:
a chic hat.

noun

style and elegance, especially in dress:
Paris clothes have such chic.

stylishness; modishness:
the chic of the firstnighters.

casual and understated style, as in dress or décor, that expresses a specified trendy lifestyle or activity:
Black-rimmed glasses bring some geek chic to your outfit.

Edited by Johnny Z, 12 November 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#15 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:43 AM

I think Solaris will be a massive waste of time and money for the devs. I don't want anything at all from Solaris.

I would rather that they actually come up with FP that works. If they do waste the aforesaid time and money on Solaris, they will do it for the esports crowd, which will fail. And I will most likely never set foot in it.

Edited by Zibmo, 12 November 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostZibmo, on 12 November 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

I think Solaris will be a massive waste of time and money for the devs. I don't want anything at all from Solaris.

I would rather that they actually come up with FP that works. If they do waste the aforesaid time and money on Solaris, they will do it for the esports crowd, which will fail. And I will most likely never set foot in it.

The fast maps are the most popular in quick play now. Many say that faction play wont work. Quick play and faction play currently is somewhere in the middle.

I think Solaris will be great fun and faction play will be epic battles and galactic war. Would be awesome.

#17 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

How about a trial by combat abstract where game balance issues and assorted disagreements can be fielded by dueling or combat in a competitive based format. Like say with clan AC's. There are some who want clan AC jam times reduced. Others want clan AC jam times boosted. Both sides of the debate could be stacked on either side of a dueling queue and the results could be decided via trial by combat over the course of a few days.

I know that is a silly way to decide game balance issues. It could invite abuse and in game troll behavior which could be negative. But on the plus side--it could fit the "every battle matters" paradigm. And there would be something tangible at stake which could add to immersion and the feeling that there are some consequences for the outcome of games.

Anyways trials of(by?) combat and clan rites would probably represent a canon format for dueling in BT aside from Solaris. It would just be a matter of implementing it in a way that is exciting, interesting, etc.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 12 November 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

For it not to exist.

Q.P with different maps and cheering crowds, and a leader board ..

Is still Q.P

#19 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostCathy, on 12 November 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

For it not to exist.

Q.P with different maps and cheering crowds, and a leader board ..

Is still Q.P

Exactly basically. Whats the problem then? Then its all about getting a faction play that works and is immersive and everything.

Solaris will be an improvement to quick play because ALL NEW MAPS :) New modes! New sound effects.

I can tell your a 24 FFA kind of player. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 12 November 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#20 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 12 November 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

Exactly basically. Whats the problem then? Then its all about getting a faction play that works and is immersive and everything.

Solaris will be an improvement to quick play because ALL NEW MAPS Posted Image New modes! New sound effects.

I can tell your a 24 FFA kind of player. Posted Image

I did a review of Solaris with 11 guys I know in the game. They will be extremely disappointed if PGI wastes time making Solaris. Representative sampling? No. Enough for me to agree with their assessment? Yes.

And since you guys are so hard core - how about adding permadeath to your mech (it disappears from your "stable") with full salvage rights to the victor, repairs to said victor having to be paid from winnings? I mean, if you guys are so hard core 24 FFA kinds of guys, this is right up your alley. And the replacement costs would make tons of money for PGI. Except for the fact that only about 10% of the people currently queued for FP will play it for any length of time, even WITHOUT the "hard core" (hoorah!) elements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users