Pgi, Please Give Us A Longer Break From Events.

31 replies to this topic

#1 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

I know that you're very generous, by giving us the events every month, but some people (including me), have a feeling that playing MwO is going to be like a "second job", especially that first one sometimes doesn't leave enough time to get everything obtainable (especially with low skills like I have).

I wish to get a break from the MwO, but seeing the stuff available with real money (like MC's or Hero Mechs like the current Iron Grid), or unique (like the recent MWOWC warhorn & standing cockpit items) and thinking about losing these (especially the unique ones) just make me very sad and angry...

Just a few days between the events isn't enough in my opinion, I suggest to do some big, quarter one instead of the monthly ones.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

I respectfully disagree.

...Not much else to say on that, I guess.

#3 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

While I don't think they should have one every weekend, having one once a month is fine.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

PGI -

Please give us many events and disregard the OP. Playing your game is not a chore, and the only people who feel like the events are required tasks need to reevaluate why they are playing videogames. The vast majority of your playerbase is okay knowing that we cannot achieve every accomplishment in every event because we all have our own schedules. The more events you offer, the more chances we have to actually Max the rewards out as it increases the chances of us having an event land on a window of free time.

#5 Single Mom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

What the **** kind of complaint is this? OP is pissed over having too many opportunities to get free ****? Get ******.

#6 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

This is a troll but keep feeeding him Posted Image Posted Image
If it isn't a troll i am pretty sure that OP want russ ask him by mail if incommings events dates are ok for him Posted Image

And about events and generousity of PGI people have to be aware that more playerbase numbers are low more rewards events are high and more events frequency is high too ...

Edited by Idealsuspect, 18 November 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#7 Single Mom

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 18 November 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

This is a troll but keep feeeding him Posted Image Posted Image
If it isn't a troll i am pretty sure that OP want russ ask him by mail if incommings events dates are ok for him Posted Image

And about events and generousity of PGI people have to be aware that more playerbase numbers are low more rewards events are high and more events frequency are high too ...

January 2017 - 1 Free Mech Bay per match of at least 80 score.

#8 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

Well... ok, I admit I do kind of see OPs point. Sometimes when they offer this much 'free' stuff, it does kind of feel like you're being 'forced' to play.

But I think that's just a personality quirk we share, not an absolute that PGI needs to work to address.

I do wonder if maybe we'd be better off with more frequent, but less 'dense' events. Something extra to make a bit of playtime feel more worthwhile, without feeling like the game is strong arming you into playing for 2-3 hours a night. Or maybe events that last longer, but don't require so much daily play time (We have to do 12 out of 15 days for this one, maybe it wouldn't feel like such a chore for some people if it was only 12 out of 20 days, or 16 out of 30?).

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

i prefer short weekend events. but if the prize is a gridiron, im game.

id like to see the longer events in moderation like one every 1 or 2 months. with short events spaced throughout. not because i dont like events but they tend to be rather disruptive to typical play.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

Events good.

#11 Pyed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

I don't agree with the frequency complaint, but personally I'm sad pandaing a bit because to get the Grid Iron in the upcoming event you can miss a max two days of playtime. And it's happening during Thanksgiving, and I'm going out of town and won't have a chance to play for 3 days.

#12 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

As far short vs. long events. I love the new concept where you have one or two weeks to grind the prizes.

The weekend events meant many people with irregular gaming time missed out completely, while no-one really loses with the longer time windows. You can still get your prizes during the weekend if that's what you want.

#13 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

Fewer events? YOU WANT FEWER EVENTS?!?!? Just because you have event OCD, you want less fun for everyone else? Have you considered therapy?

#14 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

I feel you man, because I'd honestly rather be playing Fallout 4 right now, but I don't wanna miss out on all the free stuff. That being said, I cannot bring myself to agree with you. There are plenty of people who love playing this game and love the events and I think it's silly to tell PGI to stop giving away freebies until I feel like playing again. I'm not the only one that plays this game. Who am I to deny the people who aren't burnt out at the moment their free stuff just because I, personally, would rather be playing a different game at the moment?

Edited by Mole, 18 November 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostPyed, on 18 November 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don't agree with the frequency complaint, but personally I'm sad pandaing a bit because to get the Grid Iron in the upcoming event you can miss a max two days of playtime. And it's happening during Thanksgiving, and I'm going out of town and won't have a chance to play for 3 days.

this sucks for me because i get to spend all day cooking. probibly can still cram in a single hundred point game. the rest of the goals are cumulative and i can just play a little extra on the other days.

#16 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

I'm happy to see Events going on all the time.
If it helps speed my progression, I'm for it. Don't really care about war horns or pumpkins or whatever. Haven't used any of 'em

#17 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostFrechdachs, on 18 November 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Fewer events? YOU WANT FEWER EVENTS?!?!? Just because you have event OCD, you want less fun for everyone else? Have you considered therapy?

I disagree with the OP, but that's a pretty big escalation, telling someone they should get therapy just because you disagree with them. Have you considered therapy?

#18 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

To be clear: I'm not trolling, just giving a proposal.

If you like grinding the events - OK, I can understand that.
I'm not one of you, just a guy, who is struggling to do those events, because my RL enviroment & skills (like I said earlier) doesn't allow me to grind like you. And yes: I'm currently burned right now.

And for everyone who just called me a troll or said about considering therapy or such:

I don't have anything to say, and responding to this would be a waste of my time.

On the other hand... after reading the constructive and fair critics and disagreements, maybe the tuning down the event quantity is really the bad idea, considering what I said. The jss88's idea for the event's longer duration would be OK :)

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

The bigger gripe are the daily events that require essentially 80% participation for the entire event.

The current daily event requires 12 of 14 days... I don't see why it cannot be something like 10 of 14, or even 7 of 14.

You might as well force everyone to be on some MWO daily regiment. 1 day off a week from MWO doesn't really allow you to take a break from real life, not just MWO.

Whatever I guess... especially with gobble gobble coming up.

#20 KnightMarkus

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostSingle Mom, on 18 November 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

January 2017 - 1 Free Mech Bay per match of at least 80 score.

If only.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users